The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

At last year's summer meeting we agreed that we want a summer meeting again this year.

I could host it at my place again (Dresden, Germany), but you can also make other suggestions of course.

Who wants to participate? Where? And what time is best for you? As Nora wants to come and the school holidays here are from early July to early August, for us a weekend in July or the first or second weekend of August would be best.

Looking forward to seeing you this summer! :f: :f: :f:

Participants:

Romy & Nora
Marlene (& Armin)
Els

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:27 pm 

Hey Romy, I'm so glad to read this. :cheers:
I will come for sure. I think Armin would also like to join - but I'm not sure till now.
Can't wait to see all of you and of course the horses again. :cheer: :love:

For me every date would be ok, but I would prefer a weekend which is not the first of the month. :yes:

@Romy: Last week I watched some old youtube videos from you. The children played a game with Summy - they put some oats on the floor, then running away and put some oats for Summy on the floor again. Can you remember? I tried this with Karim and it was soo much fun. Karim really liked this idea, he was jumping and running around like crazy. :bounce: Such a good idea for the days where he is quite jaunty. :bounce: So thank you for this great inspiration. :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:54 am 

Yaaay I am in :green:

I am still planning my summer, seeing what conferences/summer schools I want to go to so I am not sure yet what the best dates would be for me. So far, it seems I will be free the whole month of July.

Looking forward to seeing you and Marlene and Nora and all others and the horses and especially Summy again :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

So great that you are coming, Marlene and Els. :) I am still waiting for Nora tell me when she will be on holidays, but a weekend in July should work for her.

@Marlene: Thanks for reminding me of our old videos. I watched some of them again and it is so nice to see the children being so small, and remembering those days when I had pasture full of children every weekend. Now they are all gone and only Nora is left - But the good thing is that it means that I could keep the best. ;)

Baca and Summy will be very, very happy to see the two of you. :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 pm 

from some reason I stoped getting all my notices from AND.
not sure why - but I'll look in to it.

anyway - I just saw your post now Romy
I hope I can come too again this year.
and it is good to plan ahead.

I miss you guys very much
big hugs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for not having written here earlier. At the moment we are having quite some difficulties due to the weather, which is more like Southern Spain than Germany. We haven't had rain for weeks and as a consequence, I cannot bring the horses to the winter pastures (where we have always had the summer meeting) as we do not have enough grass there and Olaf has also sold a large part of the property, so that the horses cannot eat there anymore, either. Moreover, the stream in one of our summer pastures where the horses are supposed to move now has dried out completely, so that we do not have water there and currently I cannot use the pasture because the horses would not have anything to drink. I am busy arranging with a neighbour to use water from his well, but don't know yet when this will be possible. But besides that, none of our summer pastures is accessible by car, so the cars would need to be parked next to the street and that's not really a good place to stay for several days.

Taken together, this means that at the moment I have no idea when the horses will be where, and I have no idea where our guests could park and sleep. This makes it impossible for me to plan a summer meeting.

Would it be okay for you to pause the meeting for this year and meet again next year? For next year I will make sure to have hay at the winter pastures, so that if something like this happens again, we can simply bring the horses there and let them eat hay instead of grass. :f:

Sorry about that, but at the moment we need to get our life sorted out. :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:19 pm 

Oh Romy I’m so sorry for all the challenges you and the horses are going through.

Quote:
Olaf has also sold a large part of the property, so that the horses cannot eat there anymore, either.

What does that mean- concerning your winter pasture? Will that still be ok for you to use?

I really hope we can meet next year I’ll come or drag you Nora and ponies over here :-)
Maybe we can get Volker and Anna to come too, I have just came across some pictures from 5 years ago (no baca yet) and a wild Pia running madly with Volker, this picture always makes me smile.

Here it is sooooo hot tooo (and dry as ever) 35 degrees today but felt like 40...
I’m missing you all.
I hope you will find a solution to the water soon and that baca feels better.
Please update someway or another what is up with you all.
Sending hugs to all of you. :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:56 am 

Of course this is OK Romy. Take care, I hope you find solutions soon.

Weather is crazy over here too, very hot and dry.

Many hugs!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:44 pm 

I know its been way too long since my last post - over a year now.
Maybe I will post an update at some point, but really not much has changed with Mr and Bug, lots of change for me though.
I hope the summer meeting did happen this year, or still will...I would love to try and take part next year.
Love :kiss:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:21 pm 

This will be wonderful.
If Romy is up to all the hustle of hosting us It will be great to finally meet :kiss: