The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm 

Well....I have mentioned her in my diary but I thought she needed her own thread! lol

I'd like you all to meet Sally. 8 week old jack russell....and a little star! The newest member of my family. :love:

Like all kids she likes to watch tv

moving home is a tiring experience

checking out her new garden

all tired out....again.

trying out her new bed

That's it for now. I'll get some better ones when I get time and keep you updated on her progress. :green:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 pm 

What a cutie. Good job you took photo's now because puppies change so fast. Sally may be little and easily tired now, but get your walking boots ready, you know what youlet yourself in for. It is probably just as well you like the outdoors, across fields, in and out of barns, stables and feed sheds, because that cute little nose will have some awesome rat trail sniffing to do.
So much fun and friendship on four tiny legs.
Oh Bless her, are you keeping her or can I have her?
Susie xx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:21 am 

She is adoreable!!!! I love Jack Russells! Congratulations!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 am 
Site Admin

Oh what a cutie!! She is absolutely adorable and please do post many more pictures of her! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am 

Thanks guys...she is such a sweetie and so good especially considering she's only been with us a few days.

She's getting used to journeys in the car really well already, she's slowly settling down at night (although she hasn't cried at all....just a few whimpers until she remembers that we are here with her) but she's a bit hit and miss with the puppy pads! lol When she's just woken up she tends to head straight for the pad and use it but if she is wide awake she gets a bit distracted and forgets to use it. lol But I'm sure we'll get there in time.

She loves her food....which makes training so much easier! lol She's just about learnt "sit" already with the help of puppy training treats! haha!

Suzie....I've always had border collies or springer spaniels (did have four collies but they stayed with the ex when we split up) so a jack will be an adventure for me....I can see myself having to dig her out of rabbit and fox holes...might be an idea to buy myself a shovel! lol But I'm afraid no matter how much hard work she's going to be....I'll be keeping her! hehe! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am 

Oh Claire, she's looking adorable, she looks realy settled :D

I love the picture of her outside on the grass with the wind in her ears :love:

Hugs to you both.......and a huge kiss to the adorable Sally'

and yes, more pictures!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 am 

Annie she loves the garden...I would have got more photos but she is just too fast! lol We'll give her a while to get used to travelling in the car properly then pop over for a visit. :green:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:11 am 

Well Sally is certainly settling down now. She is getting much better at asking to go out to the toilet and is paper trained pretty much 90% of the time which I don't think is bad for a little 10 week old pup.

She knows "sit" already, she picked that up very quickly! lol And she's really good when out walking on the lead too.

She is very good around other dogs although like all puppies can get a bit boisterous! lol But she is just so cute with it you can't help but chuckle at her when she's looning about like a mad thing.

I was a bit confused for a while though. Ever time she had her dinner she would then run about like a hyperactive child on speed for at least an hour afterwards. She really would be off on one and nothing could calm her down. It was very odd....couldn't figure out why she's go nutty after each meal especially as her food is very natural.

Then last night I figured it out. I gave her a little bit of puppy milk (which I usually add to her food) and she went completely mental!! Aha!! So that was it....the puppy milk was making her hyperactive!! So this morning I didn't give her any in her breakfast and guess what? yep...we had a much calmer puppy...no hyperactivity....and generally a much nicer puppy to be around! lol So now we know....no puppy milk for Sally!

ANyway....here is a quick snapshot of Sally playing with the Shitzu LuLu down the farm. (we were given permission to play int he hay fields so they had a ball) Only problem is getting them to stay still long enough to take photos! lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:58 pm 

Ahhh, she is still smaller than little Lulu. What a lovely flat field for ball play, and cantering, and horse football. Nice tree line in the picture as well. Happy little doggies in a super setting.
Love Susie xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:48 pm 

cutie :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:58 pm 

A few more puppy pics. She's still difficult to get photos of as the only time she is still is when she's alseep! lol

Down on the farm with Lulu

She even helps me poo pick!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 pm 

a few up to date pics of our mad pup Sally Woo (for some reason people have started calling her sally woo....no one has told the others about it...we all just started calling her it separately...very odd)

Here she is attcking a loo roll tube while pinning fluffy monkey to the ground...she's such a bully! lol

And posing for a split second. It's not often she is still enough to take photos of (unless she's sleeping)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:20 pm 

jee she is groing fast :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm 

Well my little sals is growing up fast. I can't believe she's 5 months old now and such a little star! So clever and sweet!! lol And a real little terror at times too but I love her! :love:

Anyhoo....a few up to date pics of her.

Playing with some staffies we met in the park.

Posing!

Not where she should be sitting in the car! lol

Big nose!!

And posing again....can you tell she likes to pose?? heh!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:54 am 

Oh, look at that elegant and regal face she is getting!!! She has all but grown up!!!