The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:34 am 

I'd love to come, but have to arrange some stuff moneywise and 'getting there'-wise (I really am not good with trains... which is becoming a problem lately, tried to go by train this morning but panicked out... :huh: I'm weird, it's just that I don't liked to be packed in a train with all those persons, although I believe some of them must be wondeful persons...)

So... other then that I'd love to come (anyone with transport from Haarlem?)
Is there anything in general known about the clinic, times; information whatever?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:17 pm 

AMA wrote:
Els, is there some space at your place where we could stay overnight on the 11th and maybe 12th, with our matress and sleeping bag?
Depending on the timing of your clinic, we would either drive back on Saturday early evening or Sunday morning (probably safest).

Hi Annemarie! So you are coming to the clinic too? Great!
For you, and everybody else on the forum, this is a clinic so if you want to come as a spectator or if you want to join with your horse please let us know in time! We need to organize a lot of things for this. Signing up won't be possible for very long any more.

My house is about 40 minutes driving from the clinic, if people from this forum want they can sleep at my house (though I will ask Danielle, who is organizing the clinic with me, if there are any options closer to where the clinic is).

The program is as follows:
Program
08.30 welcome
09.00 theory
10.00 lessons with the horses
13.00 lunch
14.00 theory
15.00 lessons with the horses
18.00 some last words and dinner (optional for €5,- extra)

In this link, also posted in the first post of this topic you can find more information:(http://94.100.115.109/682100001-6821500%20...%208_IO-Z.pdf). If you want to sign up for real you can send an email to paardvriendelijk@gmail.com or a pm to me. In that way I can send you the forms that need to be filled in for the clinic.

Quote:
Els and Romy, would such an arrangement fit into the schedules of what you both had in mind?

Perfect Annemarie! :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 pm 

KDS wrote:
I'd love to come, but have to arrange some stuff moneywise and 'getting there'-wise (I really am not good with trains... which is becoming a problem lately, tried to go by train this morning but panicked out... :huh: I'm weird, it's just that I don't liked to be packed in a train with all those persons, although I believe some of them must be wondeful persons...)

So... other then that I'd love to come (anyone with transport from Haarlem?)
Is there anything in general known about the clinic, times; information whatever?

Kirsten, a pity you don't like the train. Unfortunately Haarlem is out of the route for me and my mother (who's driving).

More information about the clinic you can find here: http://94.100.115.109/682100001-682150000/682134501-682134600/682134528_8_IO-Z.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:46 pm 

hey there, I'll have to ask Kim whether she has to work on sunday, I do not know right now, but I'll keep you posted... of course you are welcome 2 days too ;) Luckily Annemarie isn't far from us...

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm 

ok, well that seems to be a good arrangement. :yeah:

My alpha man has blessed me, under the condiitions I was expecting :funny:

Romy, if you would like to see Josepha too, maybe she can either come down to Barbara's or we drive through to her after we have been there?
It would be on the way and this would be to limit an overdose of driving, which is still quite tiring for me :yawn:
If you would like to see Bianca too, we should then best continue from Josepha's?
If we can have sleeping stops in between - Josepha? :pray:

Or we can do it the other way around, which would even make more sense and it would be no problem if Kim needs to work on the Sunday:

So we would leave best Saturday night to Bianca's (about 2hrs drive), if that is ok to her?
Staying there till Sunday lunch and than over to Josepha's (about 1hrs drive).
On Monday late morning over to Barbara's.
Monday evening back to Meerbeek/Vossem - my place.

If everyone involved can check if this would be ok please?

It will be quite busy for us Romy, but meeting all the horses again will make up for it a lot ! :love:

Kim, it would be nice if we could arrive near the place where the clinic will be held.
Especially since we will have a very busy weekend ahead...
But we don't need very much for sleeping, just a dry, preferably quiet, place would suit us fine, right Romy?

Ok girls, shoot! :idea: :idea: :idea:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am 
Site Admin

AnneMarie, you´re a star! :*: :)

I think Bianca has to work the whole weekend though? And I would like to spend one or two days at Josepha´s (if she wants me to), so maybe I will go there (by train) when everyone else has been visited. Maybe Tuesday afternoon and then stay there until Wednesday evening or Thursday morning... and then go back to Germany from there.

Oh, and of course a dry place is fine for sleeping. Just have to bring my sleeping back and something to sleep on. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm 

ok, let's see what everyone else can/cannot do and than we can finalize the plans.

I will give Bianca a pm because I think she is not following this topic??
Or maybe she just has not had time yet... sorry :blush:

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 pm 

After the AND meeting onfortunately we have no new participants to the clinic.

We can keep the option open a few more days but if no more people pay interest anymore there is a chance that the clinic can't be held. I am so sorry if that is the case because I was really looking forward to it, so if people from here want to come or know anybody who wants to come please let us know...

I really wish it can go on but if there are no more people who sign up we don't have the money to let it go on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm 

I really wish I could come, but that exact day I have to be the groom of a friend of mine (and photographer, filmer, peacekeeper and so forth). I'd really still love to see you all in person ! Must be so inspiring, but I should get my drivers license, especially with the new "crowd and me is not a good idea"development... And... bummer that's all I can say for now. It would be a miss if it's not possible to arrange it. I tried lots of persons in my surroundings but they all had other plans (or no interest).

Well, I feel so well not good right now for having to cancel again. Sorry :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry wasn't catching up ;) I'm trying to leave my computer alone :D
I'll be home saturdaynight but I don't know yet at what time. But since you are at home here I can always leave the key! So you are welcome :D Just make yourselves at home and I'll be very happy to see you and Imperia will be over the moon with joy :love:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

I feel like jumping up and down with joy right now!!! I talked to my dearest, very best friend Katrin on the phone and told her that I would visit you - and she asked me if she could come with me for the weekend! Her husband is away for a few days and her children will be at her mother´s, so she has a free weekend.
Yippieh, yippieh, yippieh!! :) :yeah: :) :yeah: :)

So Bianca, if the clinic is not going to happen, we would love to stay at your place from Friday evening until Sunday morning (and for the rest of these days do everything as AnneMarie has planned, Katrin has to leave on Sunday morning anyway).

AnneMarie, do you still want to be with us on Friday and Saturday, even if there will be no clinic? We could play with Impie (that is, if Bianca allows that) or go to Thorn and see if we can find the wild horses this time or go swimming or anything we want to do. If yes, to which train station shall we come on Friday evening? If no, where will we meet and when?

Looking forward to that week so much! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:35 am 
Site Admin

:applause: Great! Ofcourse that will be okay! Impie will love it! And maybe I can also give you a ride when my hours won't be crazy (or you have to like to hang out with me while I'm babysitting our building in Eindhoven ;)
I trained Impie today and she was like "ohhh Bianca you don't get me at all :lol:" So she will be looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:21 am 

Romy,
since you have your best friend with you (and I understand you will both come by train?), I hope you will find it ok if we meet as of the Sundays only?
I still have lots of preparations to do for the winter and I like to spend a lot of time around the horses.
So if you don't mind I would prefer to give priority to that (hoping that the weather will still be nice than).

If you could take the train to Leuven or Brussels Northern station on the Sunday, I will pick you up and we will start our time together than.
I can show you around Leuven for example or we can go to the horses first, all is possible.

Depending on Kim and Barbara's agenda, we can see them one the next few days and when you have seen it all with our horses, I could either drive you to Josepha (would quite like to work again with Don Jaime...) or you can take the train if you prefer.

I am quite flexible and so far there is nothing fixed in my agenda.

Els,
I am really sorry for you that the clinic with Romy might not realize, but maybe that means that YOU should show the people who were willing to come with their horse how you do the natural training? :yes:
If you can get their interest triggered by your example, you may have more subscriptions next time because they will be spreading the word.
I can tell from experience that it is not easy to organize such gatherings, but given time, you will manage to find enough people in your area in the future.
I am sure there will be another time, don't give up :pet:

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:46 am 

Kim just let me know she is free that weekend, so much easier, you can all come when you want to...
and if you don't want to drive, we could take over a part Annemarie, no problem, you are not so far away...

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 pm 

Perfect!

So Romy, you can decide what you would like best!

We all seem to be able to fit in, one way or another.

AnneMarie

------

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next