The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:30 am 

I have another question, if that's okay! I was wondering how long it would approximately take to work through each AND "level"? I know it would depend on the horse and the amount you were working with them, but I was curious what has been the experience of everyone on this forum with the amount of time it takes to progress.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:04 am 

Oh, Laura, that's a good but really hard question to answer...

You're right when you're thinking it depends on the horse and the person...

But beyond that, the AND levels aren't really levels -- this isn't a linear process. This is one of the ways that AND is different than a lot of training models...it isn't really a training model! It's a co-learning and exploration model that is defined in such a way that people and horses can jump in where they feel comfortable, pretty much anywhere on the continuum.

I think it depends on what our goals are, too.

While I'm jazzed about teaching skills, for me, this is about exploring the relationship and psychology and learning that we figure out together. So my milestones are as much about realizing that we've got a particular level of communication and trust with each other, rather than being able to do a particular activity.

Some people are more directed towards specific skills, and maybe they'll have some more specific answers for you....

Best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am 

i agree with Leigh.

AND is not Parelli he had made a full programm and all the steps you have to take to get higher in the levels he had made.
Good for business and those who need a full programm.
AND is just what you are and do what your horse like to do, or make it funn for your horse.
There are not realy levels there are some excercises which are based on klassical dressage. The excercises which help the horse to find his own balance, soupleness and so on.

There are some exercises which i personaly dont like so i dont work on those parts. Some exercises (for example spanish walk) i do it every day because my pony shows it for me. To get a tread :D :roll:
This is for me a signal that this movement is very easy for him and he likes it to do because he KNOW that he get a reward sooner or later.

AND is for me no programm but funn with the horses. Learn from other people how they do it on their own. And sometimes i can use their info because it give you new insights to get a sertain movement done.