The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:27 am 
Site Admin

The link is of the clinics and educational videos Cynthia Royal sells, the Lord of The Rings horse Shadowfax is trained by her.

http://www.imagine-discoverthemagic.com
dvd's:
http://shop.imagine-discoverthemagic.co ... roductId=6

There are also some great videos of her too on Youtube her username being DiscoverTheMagic.

I'm really interested in her videos and clinics, has anybody seen them?

Last edited by admin on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:18 am 

I have never been to any of her clinics, or seen her videos, but I have watched her on youtube and would really like to learn more! Her philosophy seems to be in line with AND, I would like to hear someone from this forum's opinion on her videos also.

www.royalhorsecompany.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:30 am 

I agree -- if anyone has seen her videos, I'd be interested in what they thought of them. She looks intriguing!

I thought I'd just post her youtube videos for those who don't have the links...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PaCRWdLYveY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8avxNgc9sq4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vVf44xC__p4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kmwC1LJpLx4

And this is her website:

http://www.imagine-discoverthemagic.com/

~Job 39:19a

www.cambriahorsemanship.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:06 am 

She's pretty interesting. A little fairy-ish, but seems to have good idea behind it.

She is having a clinic near me in April, and it's not real expensive (you get to bring your horse too).

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:21 am 

I watched her Youtube videos and thought there was a lot to like about what I saw. LOVED the butt scratching episode where the big white horse just backs right into her and almost sits on her lap. His action and her response looked so natural, affectionate and different. I think she has a lot to offer horses and people, and because of her high profile (famous horses) she's in a good position to get the message across. And the message I heard from her, and saw, was that you don't need to be dominant with your horse; there are much better ways. I'm sure that like the rest of us mortals, she's not perfect.. but she sure looked a whole lot nicer to the norm to me! :)

Her recent trashing on NHE was pretty much the last straw for me, when I saw people that I like and have respect for joining in the mudslinging - She's riding without collection, her horse is obviously unhappy, she's using so much pressure, she doesn't know anything about the physiology of a horse, she uses/abuses horses in the worst most commercial way, she's making money from her clinics and videos therefore her motivation is bad... etc etc.
ARGH!

I'd love to have her for a next door neighbour!
Faith! Go! Tell us all about it.. tell her all about us! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:00 am 

windhorsesue wrote:
I watched her Youtube videos and thought there was a lot to like about what I saw. LOVED the butt scratching episode where the big white horse just backs right into her and almost sits on her lap. His action and her response looked so natural, affectionate and different. I think she has a lot to offer horses and people, and because of her high profile (famous horses) she's in a good position to get the message across. And the message I heard from her, and saw, was that you don't need to be dominant with your horse; there are much better ways. I'm sure that like the rest of us mortals, she's not perfect.. but she sure looked a whole lot nicer to the norm to me! :)

Her recent trashing on NHE was pretty much the last straw for me, when I saw people that I like and have respect for joining in the mudslinging - She's riding without collection, her horse is obviously unhappy, she's using so much pressure, she doesn't know anything about the physiology of a horse, she uses/abuses horses in the worst most commercial way, she's making money from her clinics and videos therefore her motivation is bad... etc etc.
ARGH!

I'd love to have her for a next door neighbour!
Faith! Go! Tell us all about it.. tell her all about us! :D

One, there is a SERIOUS misunderstanding of what 'collected,' means and is.

This idea of locking the horse into a "frame" is pure, excuse me for being explicit, BS.

There is and should be no "frame." no particular posture to "collection." To me it simply means the horse is in complete control of him or herself and handling his or her body, and that of a rider if such occurs, in the most powerful and safe, and beautiful way.

Blanco is doing just THAT. Carrying himself with lightness and balance.

I'm looking to throw out the term "collection," as having been made obsolete and misused.

Parelli took some very well known principles of horse understand, and went commercial with them. And suddenly thousands upon thousands of people have a newer understanding of the horse.

Now we are looking at a newer understanding of the human-equine relationship, and this is the next step.

Thank goodness she is "commercial," and exposing this particular idea of negating dominance in the relationship.

NHE folks are wrong. There is no kind way to put it.

If she wanted collection, in the dressage meaning, most assuredly she could get it.

And without dominance. Just as AND folks do all the time.

Donald Redux

If you are curious, you can see my photo and video album at -

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/donald_redux/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 am 
Site Admin

wow, this is excellent research material let alone the fact that I am such a huge fan of the actor that plays the omnious Shadowfax!

I only watched one video for I have to start working now, but I loved it!
When she splashed him and he splashed her back ha ha ha !
Great stuff.

I also was soooo happy because I saw a huge resemblence with the lessons she teaches and I teach.

I too take the horse on the halter on the lunge and let the rider focus on his body and horse with the cordeo so they feel safe and secure.

And I too let them ride as if they had reins... works wonders 8)

I love it... wish she would join our forum.

:cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Good idea to post the links of the videos!

I didn't know she had been on NHE, and had been trashed over there? Strange world. :roll:

About the collection: her horse isn't moving collected, regardless if you want to toss that word out of the window or not. :wink: But I don't see any signs of abuse and think that even though he's not collecting himself, he is balanced and moves freely.
I just saw the halter she sells on her site, and recognize it from the LOTR movies! Shadowfax is supposed to be totally at liberty, but sometimes when the light is wrong you see that in the riding scenes he is wearing a very subtle white halter. I didn't really understand it's explanation though on how it works. But the dvd's sound very intruiguing, as in her YouTube videos she says a lot of things that really sound like what we want to achieve over here: a real relationship with the horse, based on trust and understanding and not on pressure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 am 

puhhh great!!!!!!! Video´s

maybe there is once upon a time a little black horse called Romeo on a video like this.... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:08 am 
Site Admin

skril wrote:
puhhh great!!!!!!! Video´s

maybe there is once upon a time a little black horse called Romeo on a video like this.... :mrgreen:

As I said last sunday to you... careful what you wish for :santa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 am 

:mrgreen: hahaha it will be a long time to be soooo good! but we try (with a lot of help from AND :!: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:18 am 
Site Admin

I think you are already really good! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 pm 

I found a way to send her a message on her YouTube channel. I am so happy to see someone giving clinics on bridleless riding! I haven't been able to see all ther videos yet, but what little I did see made me smile. I love it!

I hope she reaches thousands of horse-people. Giving clinics in bridleless riding must help people to see that it's very achievable. YAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

I just wrote her an e-mail to ask if she also sends her dvd's to Europe, because her site didn't accept that. I'm very curious at how she trains, and I really love her videos on YouTube. Not just what she shows with her horse, but the messages she write in between the shots too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 pm 

I sent her an email requesting more info on her clinic in Ohio. Hopefully there are still a few spaces. :D

If I get to go, I will definately write a full description. :wink:

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys.