The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pictures of Nepomuk
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, what a paradise! They are so lucky to live like that, wow! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm 

The pastures are wonderful, that´s true. Now if only the BO was more ambitious - it could be turned into the perfect place for horses and horse owners *sigh* :roll:.

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 pm 

isn't it already perfect?? just joking :D

i understand what you meant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 am 

We did a three day hike with our horses and took a lot of pictures - here are some. You can read the story in my diary.

Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:02 am 

Wow! Your trip sounds and looks amazing. I did lots of this with Morgan (taking him to different places/other barns...although I confess I used a box!!!). It really helps so much with the bonding and I found it really helped to have his trust in unfamiliar surroundings. I love the pic of you two walking in the forest...so relaxed. I also walk with a long line in unfamiliar places and sometimes tuck the line through the belt of my treat bag. :funny: I tuck the loop so if he pulls free in a hurry he is not attached to me but I have enough slack leaving that I can grab it should I need to. It frees up your hands and the horse has enough slack to change sides behind/beside you. :D
I am so missing summer (we have lots of rain and wind and it's so cold I can't stay out for more than a few minutes!), so your summer pics are very welcome. :D

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:46 am 

Some pictures my parents made last week when they came to see the horses for the first time. Nothing special, BUT: you can see the very first image of Mucki sitting on his lovely little bum :green:. And second BUT: this set features Anna & Lily for the first time in their respective loveliness :green:.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:43 am 

Mucki sits??? :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Tam just will not do this...he's tried a few times, but it seems not to be something he will do. LOVELY photos!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 pm 

Karen wrote:
Mucki sits??? :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
If he lies down, he will sit before standing up. He has offered me that from the first time that he lay down for me. He also turns on his bum when I sidestep before him :D. Now that´s hilarious I tell you!
Lately he didn´t lie down anymore - too cold and too wet :sad:. Well, maybe I have to wait for spring again.

Isn´t Tam sitting before getting up from lying down?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 pm 

Houyhnhnm wrote:
Isn´t Tam sitting before getting up from lying down?

No! He puts his front feet out and then just gets up. I shaped him to sit up, but he seems to then have trouble getting up and once he almost fell over, so it just doesn't seem to be in his repertoire. I don't know why it's difficult for him, but I am not going to ask him to do it anymore. He did sit down on the hay bale (one of my videos shows it) but I don't have that bale to work with anymore, and some little voice in my head :funny: said not to do it again....so I haven't.

Mucki though looks completely comfortable and lovely doing it. Tam looked uncomfortable, so best for me that I listen to that little voice in my head. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm 

Karen wrote:
Tam looked uncomfortable, so best for me that I listen to that little voice in my head. 8)
Of course. It´s not a particularly valuable thing to do anyway. It just looks damn cute :love: :funny:.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm 

It DOES look cute!!

My friend Paul has a Friesian/Arab cross and he sits all the time...and he looks absolutely adoreable when he does it. My last horse, Cisco, was also a good sitter. He would often sit up in the pasture and just sit there...people told me they would see him sitting out there when the horses were lying down and warming in the sun. There he would sit.... :funny: I think for some horses it is so natural. I was wondering if perhaps Tam has some tiny injury somewhere or something to do with his physical being that makes it uncomfortable for him? I'm not sure! As I said though, Mucki looks completely natural and relaxed doing it! :cheers: I love it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:24 pm 

My nephew (8 months old) came to visit us and of course we also showed him our big friends. We shot a few random photos while playing around.
At first I had both Lily and Mucki on me, locked in a fierce competition of who can show off the better moves. It´s always so astonishing how they can get so eager when they fight for attention :). Especially when there´s an audience to impress!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Wonderful pictures, and oh these faces... Mucki and Lily always seem to be so engaged in the exercises they are doing, you can literally see them thinking. Just gorgeous! :) :f:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 pm 

Thank you Romy!
Yes they are indeed very much engaged lately. It´s so much fun working with them :).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:20 am 

Upon special request, I post some old pictures. They will ruin my reputation forever, but well...
The pictures are a bit more than one year old, from last Halloween show at our barn. Beware, the outfit of some people shown here are not for the faint of heart :D.
Our horses were very excited, it was the first time they were confronted with so many people, loud music and stagefright ;).
BTW written on the sides of our horses was "SÃœSSER" (male form of "sweet one") and "SAURE" (female form of "sour one"). The music came from the Tiger Lillies, which made our little freak show just perfect ;) :alien:.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Volker on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next