The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Kinsky lofts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:12 pm 

that what i meant, you have to put always new chips in the paddocks. because you pick some with the poop and they will compost during time.
to it is a bit expensive tov mudd ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, the mud is very very expensive.

The mud kills all my clotes and shoes and horse rugs, I have to constantly clean the house and wash my clothes which costs money. I have the doctor bills for repairing my back and pelvis from trying to get the wheelbarrow through the mud. We have such a huge amount of hay that disappears in the mud, so 75% higher hay bill.
And after a while the horses can not be in the mud anymore and have to go into the stable and then I have to buy packages of stable bed which costs at least 10 time as much… Owen will be getting ill again in the stable which will costs doctor bills...and we are all not happy at all.

So I say the woodchips are very cheap, the cheapest way to happiness, light work and a nice winter experience in good health for us all and the house will sell much better.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:44 am 

Wow, looking great Josepha! I hear you on the mud...
This has been our battle too.. determined to keep horses out of stable.. but having so many in a small space it's sooooo hard to deal with the MUUUUDDD! Looks like you have found a workable solution.

I used to worry about how FLAT our paddock was.. and how small.. especially with a few horses who had metabolic issues and needed movement and a few older who need topline rebuilding and strengthening. One idea I came up with .. and I"m just mentioning it because I wondered if it might be useful to you in your situation.. was to put some "logs" on the "trails" that they have to use. This provided passive conditioning.. like a single cavaletti but in the right place it could be used many times in one day and thus provide valuable tummy and back trimming. I also put obstacles in their "living room" so that they couldn't walk straight lines everywhere and had to turn and bend a little.
And for interest and a bit of Dr Green we made a double fence with chain link mesh each side a metre apart and planted things that they would like to eat inside... they can only reach the tips that sprout through. One day I woke up and told my husband we needed hills.. and next week little hills appeared. :green: They're all little things.. certainly don't make it the high country station that I'd like to give them.. but I think it all helps. :D
I love your hay feeders! Did you design them yourselves?
It's so much fun redecorating isn't it!
:D

Sue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

The Kinskies having diner in the evening sun. I love how their metalic coat shines in the late evening :love:

Jamie having his diner in his little penthouse

Our diner waiting to be wolved down

And this is how we eat our diner :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:22 am 

:love: :love: :love:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet, huh? just have to paint Jamie'd bedroom wall still... the color I want, Ralph finds a little to fancy...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:33 pm 

Jamies looks very handsome in the last picture... I can't imagine a better dinershow :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 pm 

cant wait to meet them .... :love:

Post subject: book shoot of Owen
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

I do not have time to load pictures up to photobucket, sorry :ieks:
But if you have facebook and want to see how 20 year old Owen is doing, you can follow this link:

http://www.facebook.com/josepha.guillau ... 438&type=1

hope you enjoy :)

Cheers!

Josepha

Post subject: Re: book shoot of Owen
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

I can't see the pictures because I am still not on facebook, but I am very happy that things are going well with the O-master! :) Please give him a big hug for me, and of course the obligatory orange juice for the Don (and tell him that I will come for a visit one day so that we can continue our meditative sidepass training). :kiss: