The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:02 am 

How is your house so clean?

You wanna come here and clean mine? After you decorate, of course. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 am 

Hey you all!

Just checked the video thread, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but charming AND elfs have all been here!

:)

Thank you!

Karen -- the clean house is a complete illusion. It is usually covered in a rather elegant layer of books, newspapers, and dog hair. And cobwebs! Oh, my, the spiders in California! :ieks: I told someone today that I thought I might just buy an old wedding dress and wear it all the time so I can pretend I'm Miss Havisham -- will go from bad housekeeping to theater --
8) ;)

Brenda, thank you! Stardust does have nobility written all over him, doesn't he? (Except when he's being goofy! :) ) And Circe is just dang cute. She drips cuteness. She KNOWS she drips cuteness! And I will tell the puppies you approve -- they are adored creatures of comfort. (Orion, the lab mix, picks up pillows in his mouth to arrange them appropriately for maximum comfort...and on our bed, which has a down mattress liner and a down comforter, he lays on top of all of the pillows -- he is the princess with the pea... I have a silly family!)

And Caro -- thank you!

You're right, Stardust feels rather like a train when he spooks -- starts on one end and rolls through him! But he can move seriously fast when he gets velocity going at a canter and a trot...big earth rattling thunder at the canter! His trot isn't easy to ride because it's so big (he has a lot of suspension), but it's a blast once you find the rhythm -- and he does telegraph which direction he's going pretty well!

I got the giggles when it occurred to me that I was going to need to learn a different sense of movement with Circe - she's little and quick and I have a feeling would be able to leave me behind really easily! (The good news is that I've ridden a spook when she leapt sideways one day when I first started to get on her (pre patented Riding While Grazing technique ;) ) and it was so small in comparison to Stardust's that I thought "oh, is that all you can throw at me!?! Hah! :D )

Hugs to you all--

Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:49 am 

Hi Leigh,
I decided I needed to see what you look like. It really helps me remember things about people when I can see them. :)
Beautiful pictures.
B I N G O ! B I N G O ! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 am 
Site Admin

oh what happy family and what beautiful house!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:18 am 

Ooh Leigh - everyone is beautiful. And I also LOVE your craftsman house. I know I will get to visit some day, but it might not be until the economy picks up, and I am not holding my breath on when that will be.

xo