The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Cosmopolitan
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:38 am 

Hello dear Friends of Natural Dressage and Horsemanship. We are a happy little Family of at the moment 2 Hanoverian horses and 1 human being. The human being is me, Shagya, 40 ys old and inter* and I beg your pardon I do not want to have my real name in the www.

Since I was born my family moved to a new place in the western world every two years and I got used to a nomadic life and liked it so much that I kept it on as an adult. I am a writer and author without partner or children. That gives me the independence to move on whenever and wherever I want to. A pasture for a few horses and a little home for one person are easy to find anywhere. In the past two years I have been living in the US. At the moment I am living in the south of Germany as I have an aunt there who loves me very much and wanted me by her side for her last living time which will not last so long any more.

All my life I have been with horses and though I usually keep them only for a few months or a year they all have their place in my heart. Becoming a student of literature in the 90ies I started buying bargain horses from overstrained or bankrupt owners or retired sport horses and restarting them with natural horsemanship methods to make good and trustful fellows of them and to sell them to good hands afterwards. If wanted, I offer the new owners coaching in their further way and many of them appreciate it. Though I often find it difficult to get over the loss of these friends I feel that my quest is to make horses happy and to give back at least some of the luck and happiness I find in the equestrian world to some of them horses who have had an unlucky fate til then and obviously I have a talent for this. At least I left a lot of happy horses and owners behind and whenever I happen to meet them again I find them in a good state and process with each other.

Strangely I have not come across the AND Forum so far but reading some of it the past few days it seems to me that I can find a lot of horse-handling-soulmates here and I am looking forward to the exchange and discussions.