The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 am 

Hello everybody!

My name is Tabitha en I am from The Netherlands.
My horse is called Blomke and we have enjoyd doing parelli groundwork for a year now. This really helpt me create a language with my horse :yes: .
Last winter Blomke injured a tendon. We can only train on solid ground now. So recently I started looking for something to do for the times when our arena ground isn't solid enough. I thought that trick training might contain some non aggravating exersicises to entertain my horse with. I bought a book and found that my horse was a very vast learner when i used clickertraining :D ( I used to be very reserved concerning food rewards. But after a year of parelli i started to realise it isn't about the food so mutch but more about how you use it. The book vrijheidsdressuur by Miriam Nieuwe Weme did the rest to convince me)
I've been doing clickertraining for 2 weeks now and thought that there must be a lot more I could teach my horse using clickertraining, like dressage exercises. And that's how I found this forum :yeah: .

So this week I wil probably spend my time reading on this forum :sun: I am convinced there is a lot I can learn from you all

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:37 am 

Welcome Tabitha , you have an lovely name :)
I am always so glad when people find this forum , and I look forward to reading more of you and Blomke .
I do not use clicker training , well I just don't use a clicker ;) , but there are lots of older threads about it the groundwork sections of this forum .
Nice to have you here
Best wishes
Alice :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tabitha, welcome! :)

I am sure that you will find lots of ideas for things you can learn together with your horse. If you liked Miriam's book, you will probably like the groudwork stickies a lot - many of them were written by Miriam. Have fun looking through the forum, and if you have any questions, just ask! :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:12 am 

Thank you! :D

I already found some very inspiring video's and topics. :sun:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:34 pm 

Welcome Tabitha! :f:

Blomke - what a sweet name! :f: I visualise Blomke as a dark bay pony mare - don't know why :funny:

You will find a lot of resources about clicker training here, although I highly recommend digging into some of the diaries as well. Most people here use some kind of food rewards, but not necessarily clicker training. If you read for example Romy's diary or postings regarding food rewards, you will find some very interesting alternatives in positive training with food rewards, aside from clicker training. I am an avid clicker fan, but witnessing Romy's way of rewarding changed a lot for me :yes:.

Anyway, have fun browsing the forum and ask if any question arises...

The horse owes us nothing.