The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am 

Well, here it is finally, the topic about the clinic that Romy will give in The Netherlands in Pijnacker (close to Zoetermeer). It is a one day clinic on the 12th of September 2009 where Romy will explain about her way of working with horses and inspire us in our training with our horses.

Of course everybody on this forum knows Romy, but for the Dutch users there is more information in this ad: http://94.100.115.109/682100001-6821500 ... 8_IO-Z.pdf

There will be a maximum of 6 participants and there is room for about 10 spectators. The costs are 40 euro per spectator and 70 euro per participant. This is for renting the area, paying for Romy's travel, and is included a Thai lunch, coffee, tea, limonade and a piece of land or a paddock where your horse can stay if you bring him with you.

Of course things can be discussed in this topic but you can also mail to paardvriendelijk@gmail.com.

Love to meet more forum members over there!

Last edited by Amiro on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 am 
Site Admin

I think the e-mail adres will be paardvriendelijk@gmail.com ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:48 pm 

that's right, thank you Josepha, I edited it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:39 pm 

Completely off topic but Els! Hello!!! I've missed you!!!

I hope everything is good in your world and now I'm EVEN MORE bummed I can't come and play in Europe with you all this fall...some day...

:kiss:
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Leigh, as you don't need anymore bits every two months, bridles, matching numnahs, pads, breeches, shirts, coats and hats, dozans of gloves etc... you can safe to come to europe :green:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:41 pm 

Leigh wrote:
Completely off topic but Els! Hello!!! I've missed you!!!

I hope everything is good in your world and now I'm EVEN MORE bummed I can't come and play in Europe with you all this fall...some day...

:kiss:
Leigh

Leigh, thanks, I missed all of you too, but I read here sometimes so I feel I still know all of you a little.
I wanted to stay active on this forum when Amiro left but I found myself so busy doing so many things. But mostly nice things so that's good. I read in your diary that things are going well with you too, after the operation and all. I hate it that you are so far away, it would be so nice to see you on a meeting or a clinic some time. If you ever come to Holland make sure I know! Oh, and hugs for stardust and Circe!
:kiss: Els

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:24 am 

Quote:
Leigh, as you don't need anymore bits every two months, bridles, matching numnahs, pads, breeches, shirts, coats and hats, dozans of gloves etc... you can safe to come to europ

:funny: :funny: :funny:

But somehow I DO keep pouring money into them...hmmmm...I think they need to get jobs and support me in the style to which I like to become accustomed! :twisted:

One of these days, Josepha -- it will be easier, I think, when we've landed on the East Coast...

Els, beautiful one, I will absolutely track you down when I get to Holland...and I will at some point! I will! I will!

And in the meantime, how'd you like to come and visit California? I know a pretty nice little house you can stay in and two very cute horses who would think you are the bee's knees...standing invitation...

(Likewise to Josepha...wish I could do a clinic here but the ranch where I board isn't set up for it. But when I have my own land, we'll have an East Coast USA AND party!!!)

:kiss: :kiss: to you both!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

It seems like there will be some participants and the clinic is actually going to happen! :)

But even if it is not, Barbara, Kim and AnneMarie have invited me to Belgium to play with their horses. We have not decided on an exact date yet, but it will be around the weekend of September 12th. Maybe on Sunday 13th or during the week after that?

So if there is anyone interested in coming too, just let us know, either here in this topic or via email: romy.mueller@psychologie.tu-dresden.de

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:34 pm 

Hi all of you,
I just forgot my handbag at the caravan on the prairie, so cannot tell you exact dates.
But normally I think that everyting before and after the 12th should be possible.

Romy, you know you are welcome to stay at the caravan anytime before or after the 12th.
It is a good 2hrs drive (without traffic jams) to Zoetermeer.
But I guess by train it is relatively easy to travel from Leuven (near my place) to Utrecht or Rotterdam (which both seem not too far away from Zoetermeer).

Anyone coming to Vossem/Leuven wanting to stay overnight, could camp on our field.
Just only realise it is basic camping, no water/electricity, so unfortunately I cannot offer the kind of accomodation Bianca could give, sorry... :roll: :roll:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm 

I have a holiday the week after the 12th, but on wednesday I'm going to the sauna with my alpha-man, but other days are all ok for me Romy, and of course I would love to join you to come to Annemarie!!!

Beau is already very excited ;) he practiced his rears and crazy jumps especially for you today, he wants to be perfectly ready ;)

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 pm 

You are all lucky to have Romy to come to you!

But... is there anyone here also who wants to come to the clinic that Romy will give? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 pm 

it's too far for me to come over, then I lose another day that I should use renovating my house ;) sorry!!!

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 am 

Depending on how Romy would like to organise her trip, we could consider that she takes a return train trip:
- from Dresden to Leuven, preferably if we would stay in Belgium first, or
- from Dresden to Brussels, if we would drive on to Els immediately (otherwise preferably not because of traffic jams),
where I would pick her up.
She can than stay with us the time she wants before or after the clinic and we could drive up/down together to/from Zoetermeer?
I guess we would best travel up on the 11th already as it is a 2hr drive (without much traffic) and as you know, I need not to overdo so I would need enough rest. :yawn:

Els, is there some space at your place where we could stay overnight on the 11th and maybe 12th, with our matress and sleeping bag?
Depending on the timing of your clinic, we would either drive back on Saturday early evening or Sunday morning (probably safest).

On Sunday or later, we could than drive together to/from Barbara and Kim.
In this way the travel cost from Romy is less and it would be less hassle for her to do the trip too.
I would than not be an official spectator on the 12th, but rather her 'chauffeur' :funny:
(Romy, have you ever had your private chauffeur before, you must be getting famous now ;) )

I checked with my agenda and it looks pretty open before and after September 12th.
The only thing is that my little niece, who is learning to ride on Wodan, has her 8th birtday on September 11 (yes, she was born on the famous 9-11) :huh: , but I don't know when my cousin would like to celebrate the b'day.
But they are very understanding and I am sure we can do that some other time (the little one might want to see what you can do with 'her' Wodan though...)

I would, of course, like to have the blessing of my alpha-man who does not know about this yet :roll:, maybe another bottle of good wine can help. But I have made already good progress with my horses since the AND meeting (I should really start up a diary but right now it would take up too much valuable time that I can spend with my sweeties), so I am quite sure he will not object too much if we don't let the cost get out of hand... like so many we do need to take care to make month's end meet :whew:

Els and Romy, would such an arrangement fit into the schedules of what you both had in mind?

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Oh AnneMarie, that sounds like a great plan! :) I am so happy you did that, I am hopeless at planning and organizing. And of course you can come to the clinic for free as my chauffeur. :funny:

So I would suggest we meet somewhere on the 11th and then directly drive to Els, do the clinic, leave on Saturday evening or Sunday morning and visit Barbara & Kim on Sunday. And after that we have all the time we want for your horsies. I just have to ask Josepha if she wants me to come for a visit too (Bianca, you have to work all these days, right?). :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 am 
Site Admin

You have to ask? :ieks:

Silly girl!

Come come come come come come come :cheers: :cheers: :alien: