The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:13 pm 

Hey Inge, you visited Cerne but never came to see me :sad: I'm about 20 minutes from Cerne, did you like the big man on the hill ;)

When your here again, you'll have to come see my village, it's very pretty.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1

Heres a modern picture,

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... N%26um%3D1

Make sure you visit us next time.

I'll get to you Eileen and Josepha, see what we can sort, how exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 pm 

Annie B you are 125 miles from me, so still a long journey to travel a horse.
Currently my old Rice trailer is too small for Arthur and I sold our 4x4 to buy a lorry. In another 20 years I shall have the lorry ready for horses to travel in it. I have bought it a new cab, cheaper than replacing the doors, windscreen and having all the welding done, but a large black hole for money and it will be a long term project. So I'm stuck with where I can walk leading the horses.
Although I have no arena, no mains water or electric, just 8.5 acres of flat meadow and wooded banks, the hills are quite steep in places, there is room to set up a menage with fencing posts. Room for camping and no toilets so it would have to be a porta potti, or there is farmhouse bed and breakfast half a mile away and a big hotel 2 miles away. I am central in the UK, close to Sam W, about 25 miles I think.
Perhaps it would be possible to hold two or three clinics one North, one Central and one South?
Maybe people who are not on AND forum would have lightbulb moments and improve their horses lives. (It would be great if someone could persuade Carl Hester to come to a Josepha clinic when he is teaching at Bromyard Equestrian Centre.)
Costs would be a major consideration, have to see what else I can find to sell on Ebay.

So whilst I should like to join in and watch in Derbyshire, it would be lovely for Danny to walk instead of park. (we only walk if he has someone to follow especially when he is without tack in his field).
Tonight I was bareback passenger and all he was interested in was grazing. To be fair he had spent his day inside the barn avoiding horseflies, I leave the doors open and they shelter a lot through the Summer. But when I called him for his bucket he actually managed canter strides when even an amble was more than he could muster earlier!
Susie xx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:14 pm 

ha Annie, i know ...i know...Claire told me. But....i have an husband *LOL* and he likes horses but dont love them 8)
So after we have been for a few days in the forest, between the ponys, he wanna see something else. And wanted to drive.
England have still nice 4x4 ways, which we dont have over here. So i know we were very close to you but he did not wanted to visit more horses :sad: . So thats why we did not have called you and say hello.
And when we have holiday it must be funn for both of us. :yes:

He had to go to Clair because she had bought something for him :funny: on my request.
He was very happy with that Claire :D till now he talks about it, and watch pictures.
i know that there are some more nice routes in wales. So we have to go again sometimes and ofcourse i try to visit then some people ofcourse. The mix we made now was perfect for both of us.

And ofcourse we have seen the long man with his big.... :D ......the story about it is also good. i like those ones.
and you live in a very nice village, cute houses, i love them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 am 

Any dates yet for UK clinics?
I would come and watch at Eileens, Sam W could probably car share with me.
Although I have no proper facilities we are having a 4 or 5 day Adam Shereston clinic next year, so people would be welcome to camp, or caravan, or there are bed and breakfast or hotels nearby. This is not yet confirmed so dates are flexible but likely to be between mid May and mid June 2010. It would be great if Josepha could combine a ridden clinic with us and extend her teaching whilst visiting Matlock.
My field is 10 miles from M5 Junction 7 Worcester travelling West towards Hereford.
Perhaps I had better email Josepha and Eileen, but if anyone wants to contact me
s.charper@btopenworld.com
Susie xx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:15 pm 

Hi I would be interested in a UK clinic too :applause: :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:33 am 

Im still interested also :)
Colette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:35 am 

ps for anyone interested here is my new website www.equinissimo.com
please feel free anyone, to get in touch!
Colette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:01 pm 

Elieen, ET is busy with her house move and hay making, so it might be a few weeks before she can free herself to arranging clinics.
In the meantime I have had contact from Adam who feels a 2 + 1/2 day clinic with option to add a further 2 days would be more beneficial. Allowing participants to take things in stages, go away, think, practice, consolidate.
This would be a Friday afternoon/evening demonstration, followed by two very full days of handling and ridden with a maximum of four horses.
Costs would be between £160 to £180 per owner with horse for the full Friday to Sunday weekend, camping would be free but food etc or B&B are optional, and travel expenses to consider.
Without a horse the costs would be between £65 and £80 for the full weekend, again depending on numbers of those wishing to attend being confirmed.
Provisional dates are 14th -16th May, 21st -23rd May, 28th-31st May, 4th-6th June 2010.
As soon as I know what dates are best for the majority I will confirm my booking with Adam.
(I need to update the thread I started on offering this clinic)

If Josepha's visit to Eileen's, 100 miles North of me, ties in with what is already being organised, it would be super to perhaps add a Monday for her to pass on some valuable tips and instruction.

Personally, I hope to camp over in the field because I find listening and joiningg discussions, especially with those watching instead of horse handling, many observations and light bulb moments are identified over a barbeque supper.
Susie xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry for not being on the forum off late, but I was ill and very busy now.. :(

But enough about that.

When Eileen is back here, she can set the dates, as long as it's not in August for that would be for the WEST US clinics.

I'd love to meet up with adam, and you all of course! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 am 

Well, so far 2 horse places are taken, so that leaves 2 for Adam's clinic, but I am sure if people live within reasonable travel distance, then we could squeeze a couple of extra horses in Sunday night to have a day with Josepha.- or if little Daniel is willing, he will be five next year, but he is only 13.1hh, so needs fairly light riders, he could possibly allow a human to feel what Josepha teaches and let someone find the right posture on his back.
But riders do have to say 'please' to him and sometimes he does say "no, not today".
I am aching already thinking of being told to use correct posture and muscles which have lain dormant for far too long!
The walking and stretching on the ground, off the horse must be tougher than lying on the horse and napping.
Susie xx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:06 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
But riders do have to say 'please' to him and sometimes he does say "no, not today".

He will have no trouble in my clinics as all riders have to say please to their horses and all horses may say: not today.
However I do ask: what can we do today?

Mostly a lot :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:15 am 

Okay, Eileen is still busy with her house move.
Josepha is willing to make more than one trip, or offer another clinic while she is in the UK.

I have heard nothing back, so there are still just two of us for our Adam Shereston Fri evening, riding and groundwork Sat & Sun.
I will need to know if anyone else wishes to join in with or without a horse, so that I can finalise dates with Adam, or he will be booked up.
Hoping Josepha can teach Monday or Mon + Tuesday.

What dates are best for anyone wishing to slum it in my field?
Caravan or camping would be free, but we carry drinking water for humans, have no toilets or elctric or concrete, so porta loos would be needed.
(See post above 16th Sept 2009)
Sarah Wendon owns the fields next to mine and runs a lovely Farmhouse B&B
about a mile from the field
http://www.2stay.com/uk/hotels/chirkenhill.html

Other places to stay might be

http://www.2stay.com/uk/hotels/cowleighpf.html

or http://www.bank-househotel.co.uk/

Anyone who might like to come Friday to Tuesday or part of that time, please post suggestions here with which dates are most suitable, so we can see if it is worth asking Josepha and Ralph to make the journey.

Thanks,
love Susie xx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 am 

Hello all,
Ive lost track of this Im afraid!! Is Josepha definitely coming to England? Could someone let me know the details please.
I met Adam about 5 or 6 years ago before he had done any training with horses. He was just doing healing then and worked on me and one of my horses. He had had nothing to do with horses but felt he had been called to help them. Its interesting that he has got involved in training now.
Look forward to hearing from someone!
Colette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

I am definatly coming :yes: , but when and how is a bit up to the location and the amount of pupils.
Eileen wants to venue but is to busy right now, so no wories, we shall get this done.

Do you have a location Colette? just saw your website and it looks excellent :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:16 pm 

So, :cheers: Josepha is coming :cheers:

I need to know if anyone wants to attend the Adam Shereston Clinic, or would like to come to Josepha only, which would follow straight on from Adam's clinic if the dates can be arranged.

Hands up if anyone would like to come to my field and let me know which dates are most suitable. (asap)
I am in the Midlands, West Worcestershire, Near to Malvern, 30 miles South of Birmingham, approx 10 miles from Junction 7 of the M5 network.
Please see posts above for accommadation and suggested dates.

It would also be a great excuse for bonfires, barbeques and a general meet up and get together.
Colette is Norfolk? Eileen Derbyshire?

copied post from 16th Sept.
Elieen, ET is busy with her house move and hay making, so it might be a few weeks before she can free herself to arranging clinics.
In the meantime I have had contact from Adam who feels a 2 + 1/2 day clinic with option to add a further 2 days would be more beneficial. Allowing participants to take things in stages, go away, think, practice, consolidate.
This would be a Friday afternoon/evening demonstration, followed by two very full days of handling and ridden with a maximum of four horses.
Costs for Adam Shereston Clinic: would be between £160 to £180 per owner with horse for the full Friday to Sunday weekend, camping would be free but food etc or B&B are optional, and travel expenses to consider.
Without a horse the costs would be between £65 and £80 for the full weekend, again depending on numbers of those wishing to attend being confirmed.
Provisional dates are 14th -16th May, 21st -23rd May, 28th-31st May, 4th-6th June 2010.
As soon as I know what dates are best for the majority I will confirm my booking with Adam.
(At 31/10/2009 there are still only 2 of us for Adam's clinic, and only me for Josepha)

If Josepha's visit to Eileen's, 100 miles North of me, ties in with what is already being organised, it would be super to perhaps add a Monday, or Monday & Tuesday) for her to pass on some valuable tips and instruction.
:f: Josepha is willing to come, even if this is a separate visit to the ET clinic.
Suggestions for dates and numbers of interested participants required.
Costs for a Josepha Clinic will be determined by numbers attending, so we need to know if this is viable.
Personally, I hope to camp over in the field because I find listening and joiningg discussions, especially with those watching instead of horse handling, many observations and light bulb moments are identified over a barbeque supper.
Susie xx

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next