The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: I need your help!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:22 am 

Hello everyone!
I am in a really bad spot, and I need your help.
I am originally from Italy, and I have been living here in the US for over 8 years. Unfortunately, my life collapsed on me when I lost my job due to visa issues, and I have just found out my last job offer did not come through when I mentioned a visa! So, I have to leave the country for good before the end of February. Wow, I just reread this, and it sounds like a scam.. but no! I have tried everything, but I cannot make this work, which leaves me with my hardest choice... selling Gabriel.

Of course, my barn does dressage and are spreading the word in the dressage world, but I really do not want him to end up in a dressage home... I would love for him to be in an NH home.

I will try to get a mater's degree, and then come back, so ideally I would love to be able to place him and having a chance to take him back, but I would love to find him the right foreer home, too. He is awesome, and he deserves it.
HELP ME OUT!

P.S. I wasn't sure where to post this, so go ahead and moe this to a more appropriate place... or close it off... but I am so afraid for my horse's fate, I just do not know what to do, and I am so afraid he will become the dull, angry, and unhappy horse he was until I bought him and started NH with him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:34 am 

Yargh! Bummer, what a horrible New Year's present. I can't help you out as I'm not in the US.. but..
Where is your horse located, what sort of horse is he, etc etc..

And, some other suggestions, have you thought of posting on some of the clicker training lists.. or the barefoothorsecare list - that has a huge readership and many of the members, although not neccessarily practicing NHE, are keeping and training their horses in very ethical ways. There's also the alternativehorse group (Andy Beck's) whose members are also practicing behaviour based horsekeeping and training - ie: herd living and positive reinforcement methods of training.

Good luck
Sue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Good suggestions, Sue, and what a terrible situation to be be in!

A friend of mine didn;t have a lot of time for her Icelandic horse last years and then put him in a Dutch groups of horses who roam a big natural field of about 25 acres for 7 horses, so tha the could just play horse. I'm not sure if that's available or an option for you, but maybe it can help you find a solution?

I'll replace this topic to the Lifestyle/off topic section by the way, I think it fits in better over there as this is more a personal thing? But I hope you can find a solution!

By the way, isn't it possible to become a student in the United States and get a visum for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

How terrible!
Unfortunately I'm not in the US and cannot help you other than hope you'll find a solution and send you all positiove energy!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:10 pm 

Thank you for your support and your ideas! I will look into them.
Gabriel is a 7 yr old TB, dapple grey. We are located in northern Minnesota!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

oh no! what a nightmare!

I hope you can find some sort of grazing project to lend him too...

Good luck and take care!

Warm regards,

Josepha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:26 am 

Hi Micol,
I cant buy him but when you need a place for him to stay, I might be able to help you.