The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 am 

Whenever I can't do anything about something in person, I send out healing. It goes where it needs to go. This sounds a bit far out but for me it works well and makes me less helpless. I have 3 rescue horses myself and if I would have more land and a great hay supplier, I would have more. I love to be in company of horses, they make me complete. No matter how much I do for them, they always give me more in return.

I second Susie, NHP is a nice intro site.

Nina xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:38 pm 

Oh so sorry, Suzie, I don't know why I assumed that Sam was a man :blush: :blush:

How strange, huge apologies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm 

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to clarify a couple of things if possible.
When I received the email saying that the horse was going to be destroyed, I immediately offered a home for life with my mares for this horse.
I offered the home by email having never met or spoken to the current owner nor met Wizard. I just couldn't bear the thought of him being put down as per the advert.

Unfortunately with internet chinese whispers - as well meaning as they were - news of my offer was emailed out to others within seconds saying that I had "given" wizard a home and that he was definitely coming to me!
This hadnt been agreed or decided by the owner of Wizard and rightly so, she was shocked to hear that this had all been written about without her even having met me or my horses!
No harm done though - it was easily cleared up - just a bit embarrassing for me but hey ho - its Wizard that is important here.

Anyway, we went to see wizard - and he is as lovely a boy as the advert said.
The owner came to see my horses and land too. However as well as my offer she had received many kind offers to rehome Wizard - some much closer to her current location than me.

It turns out after all that the horse was never going to be destroyed, nor was it as urgent as was intiially thought to rehome him.
The owner has now decided to put him out on loan instead - so panic over.

Anyway - just wanted to clear that up as I wasn't aware that people had posted that Wizard was definitely coming to me - and didn't want people to give praise where it wasn't due.

One good thing that has come out of this however is that I have found this lovely site, and am going to enjoy finding out more about dressage at liberty. From my initial reading of them games/levels this looks much more like the way I would like to work with my horses than other methods I have read about. I look forward to reading more, and meeting you all here for a chat sometime.
best wishes
Sam
Natural Horse People
(ooh and I am a guuuuuurl :) Though called Sam - I am actually female - easy mistake to make though - I only get called Samantha when I am getting told off! haha :) )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Sam,

so nice to have you here! :) I am looking forward to reading more about you and your mares very much. And the internet is a funny thing, isn´t it? Rumours spread easily anyway, but now they can spread worldwide in lightning speed. Glad to hear that all turned out well with Wizard though.

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 pm 

How very true, Romy. The World Wide Web, a wonderful tool, is also as dangerous as a scalpel at times.
Yet the same tool saves lives.

The best information I could get for helping my mare cope with IR came from the Internet. Fabulous.

And what a wonderfully serendipitous thing that Sam found her way here because of the speed of rumor the Web affords.

Hi Sam, and welcome. I'm glad you found here something that may more closely meet your needs as to how you are with your horses. Yippee!

Looking forward, as Romy says, to reading about (and hopefully seeing some pictures too) of your horses and what they are doing with you.

Best wishes, Donald
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
With Altea and Bonnie, mother and daughter Andalusians. (Altea is a re-homed horse too and unknown as being in foal with Bonnie at the time we accepted her)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:47 pm 

Fab news that Wizard is fine and has options.
It also says a lot about you Sam.
Some of the NHP forum members are here. Gwen Santagate one of your experts has just set up a general questions site and featured a link to a AND liberty video from YouTube.
Gwen said AND is a site she likes very much and should remind herself to visit more often.
I think there is much inspiration through the threads and diaries of AND.
Nice to welcome you to a site you can enjoy without the responsibility of running it, and wonderful to hear a happy ending to a story.

Susie xx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:49 pm 

Hi all.

A very good friend of mine is needing to re-home her horses. He husband has decided he wants a divorce and she has a few horses that she can not now afford as he doesn't want them. Not the dogs, cats or horses.

Her most important horse to re-home is Bunny. She's half arab 14 years old. She was a driving horse but was bought as a broodmare in 01. They tried breeding her once but it didn't take so they never tried again. SHe was a companion horse for their older horse Rosie. She has papers(I know that doesn't mean anything). She is 14.3 hands and can carry about 150-170 Lbs. She does ride but hasn't been ridden much. Is still green in the canter but has a natural ability to collect. She is submissive with most other horses and needs an intermediate person to handle her. I can get pictures if anyone is interested in her.

I have been friends with this woman over 2 years now and she wants a good forever home. Preferably in Florida so she can go and check out the home. SHe doesn't want her to be sold on. She is very upset about this as she is thinking of going back home to Germany and can only take one or 2 horses with her if she does.

Please if anyone here is interested or knows a good home that would love a horse like this let me know. Or you can contact her at snoopsincharge@yahoo.com. Her name is Chris. If you email her, tell her Michele sent you.