The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Crop Circles
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am 

Once again here in England, we are in the crop circle season, and as usual they have been amazing, I always look forward to them, and I live in the thick of them, as they always tend to happen around Wiltshire which is just up the road from me.

I was so struck by this one.

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2009 ... 2009f.html

And how much it resembles the Hummingbird of the Nazca patterns seen here,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmass/3476859117/

Whats your thoughts on the crop circles??

Post subject: Re: Crop Circles
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 am 

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about a group of people that go out and create these circles. It was very interesting, and it cetainly is an art, but sadly took all of the mystery out of them for me. I would love to think that they were created by aliens though, somehow trying to communicate with us...although I can't think of any reason aliens would want to come and grafity the countryside...

Still, there are a lot of these happen every year, who is to say that they are all made by people, perhaps some are aliens and others are people just caught up in beauty of them.

Must play hell with you crop yields though. I'm glad we don't get them out here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:19 am 

Fascinating site! Thanks for posting it. Apparently Cheesefoot Head, not far from me, was 'famous' for them some time ago. Not since I've been here, though...

http://www.colinandrews.net/CheesefootH ... lgado.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 am 

Heather, it's very sad that the media pushed so heavily that all crop circles are human made......of course, some are, but many definatly are not, sme farmers report passing a field and nothing is there at all, then 10 minutes later a very complex design has suddenly appeared, something that would lmost certainly take an average group of humans a considerable amount of time to make.

Of course we still don't know who or what is responsible, aliens are always the first port of call, but thats because our minds are quite limited with our belief systems. I think they mean something different for all of us, and if some find it easier to believe that they are human made, then thats fine. But, there is no denying that some are so beautiful that they stir something inside of you, something that helps you to see that just maybe there is something magical out there :f:

Shannon, I'll take a look at your link, never heard of Cheesefoot Head If you do get the chance to just go and stand in one I would jump at it, they give you an amazing feeling of peace, inside the circles seem to have there own energy.....it's wonderful.

And no, I haven't been smokeing anything...honest ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:27 am 

Its only 5 miles from me - would be fantastic, I think, to be able to ride there with Honey sometime.

If you look it up on maps.google.co.uk - just enter Cheesefoot Head, Winchester - and the information on wikipedia comes up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesefoot_Head

Time permitting (as in most things!) I'd love to be able to go and stand in one!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 pm 

i love the storys fo those circles and figures. Even so of the white horses in the south of england.
And the tall man near you Annie ;) a strange creature but the story behind it is great.
Tho i dislike is all the grane/crop which is lost during the making of. It looks wonderfull, but costs lots of money for the farmers.
And less of food for us or animals.