The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 pm 

A common friend of many of us, Tam, has big financial problems with her with her wild horses. For those of you who don't know, she has taken many wild horses under her wings and saved them. There was supposed to be a Trust to help them out with the financials, but because of the economic crack they are now on their own. And if not any help comes by very soon they will have to start to put horses down....

I do not have too much money at the moment myself, but I have figured out if we all - or those who want of course - would give the little we have, no matter how little, it will turn out big in the end when we put it together....

So I ask all of you - any of you - if you want to help our friend. If anyone have very much money there will be possible to buy land there for holiday houses... ;)

Here is her blog, so you can check out more of this wonderful woman and her horses... http://elementalwildhorses.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:45 am 

Now we have found one solution! You can adopt one horse (or more if you want) to a pretty low cost each month (or maybe pay once a year if that is more easy). So, you adopt, get your "own" horse to save in New Zealand! It will of course stay with Tam, but it will help her a lot with the costs... She also have a professionla photographer to take pictures for free - to sell to the "owners" or otehr people to get money for their rescue...

I and Synnøve have of course adopted one each.... :) So, come on - let's adopt wild horses.... :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:52 pm 

Oh, Kirsti, I would love to help!

But my local humane society just rescued thirty seven horses from starvation from a herd of close to a hundred (at a really wealthy estate -- I just want to HURT these people!) and are I've spent every extra dollar trying help them save these guys....they were hundreds of pounds underweight, no feet care, no medical care, etc. -- just in horrible shape. It's really straining the organization to try and care for all of them so I've sent all of the money I can afford to them.

http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/ABUSE.html

I wish your friend huge luck and good wishes!!!! Sorry I can't send more than that at the moment.

But I so admire your working to help her!

Hugs,
Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 pm 

Oh - Leigh, that is the worst thing... hundreds - thousands - og horses (for not to speak of people..) need help every day....

Thank you for your good thaughts - that will help too, you know... ;)