The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 pm 

an interesting 'art project/experiment' painting on horses, done while horses at liberty can choose to stay or leave through practicing positive reinforcement with them.

http://artatliberty.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 pm 

Oh my gosh, your work is stunningly amazing! I know that made no sense but you using your horse as the canvas, and using a natural paint, clay, is just... It's so hard for me to explain how breathtaking it was to see. Completely original and intriguing! I really want to try this with Crescent someday now! I'm off to go comb through your entire blog and continue to be in awe :love:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm 

not my work.... but i thought it was beautiful too.

the documentation of the life span of each painting - fading away, changing. just beautiful. the process itself of a massage-grooming-body mapping with traces sound lovely to me, especially if the horses enjoy it.
lovely activity for spending time together.

i was thinking to try out some personal translation of this too but haven't done that yet. i also considered to try some version of this in the more personal equine assisted learning programs - but haven't had a chance for that too.

meanwhile i just love to notice the existing beauty in them as they are, with the dirt (T can look so wild and powerful and spiritual). now the coats are falling off - i should take more pictures.

thanks for reminding me of that blog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:01 am 

Oh wow haha I guess my tired mind couldn't make the connection :funny: It really is interesting and yeah I bet it's a great way to bond! Or like you said spend time together (: If you ever decide to do something like that you should definitely post pictures!