The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

That's what I've been wondering the past few months, but of course we will never know as all the old etchings of the old masters are with bridle.

Then three weeks ago my boyfriend reintroduced me to Photoshop, explained how to use the cloning tool (something which I had never understood before and never could make the darn thing work :blush: ) and suddenly I had a mission. 8)
I collected scans of the original etchings, took off the bridle and added a cordeo instead. The result was the following:

First the original that I used for the cordeo version, an etching of the shoulder in from Gueriniere:

And this is the cordeo-version that was born out of it: ;)

I did some more, also of plates from Ridinger, Pluvinel and Cavendish, but if I add them over here the page gets very long and heavy so it might be better to just go to the page where they all are (if you click on them they become bigger) together:
http://77.75.126.151/~dressuurin/afb/verzamelingo.jpg
Scroll down and you'll find them with the originals!

http://77.75.126.151/~dressuurin/afbeeldingen.html

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:23 am 

BIG improvement Miriam!! Let's rewrite history! :D :D (And I'm envious of your photoshop savvy... it still has me beat! :blush: )

SUe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:53 am 

OH Here is the answer to the question I've asked all over the forum! :applause: :applause:

Miriam, are your originals big enough to print out and frame? I am willing to buy a print if I can?

Or would you allow me to just print out one?

That is just SO amazing...I love this idea SO much. It didn't matter that I couldn't read the words on the website..I immediately noticed the wood cut images and ran through the site fast to see them all.

TOO COOL!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am 
Site Admin

The original originals ;) with bridle are big enough to make a poster from, I'll have to check if my own adaptations are too. Which one would you want, the bridle or cordeo?

By the way, is there a site where you can make posters from digital pictures? Because printing something here and then sending it to you is a wonderful way of ruining about anything. :rambo:

But it's good to know that the addiction works! :rofl: I've placed them all exactly for that reason at the bottom of the pages, and gave every practical chapter it's own one that expressed that kind of work. I was especially in love with the Cavendish print of the horses playing haute ecole in the field - isn't it amazing that that was already drawn centuries ago, just showing the world back then already that of course horses can do haute ecole at liberty?

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:22 pm 

Quote:
The original originals ;) with bridle are big enough to make a poster from, I'll have to check if my own adaptations are too. Which one would you want, the bridle or cordeo?

THE CORDEO!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I can make my own prints here. I have the printers for it.

Can you email one to me? If it's saved as a grayscale image, it shouldn't be all that huge. Or if you have a utility to compress it (WinZip, Stuffit, ZipIt) that would be ok too if you prefer.

This is so exciting!