The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Going off on dreamtime
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:26 am 

Yes, The Old Man is going to do it again.

There are things that transpire between us and our horses that we try to understand, and often we do figure it out ourselves, but it's always nice (and allows us to curl our lip derisively and ask "what took you so long?") when the scientists support our claims.

Two points first: One, I consider the horse a highly evolved sensory being with capacities far beyond our own (at least far beyond our CONCIOUS levels) to pick up information from the environment and the creatures in it; Two, I have a personal view that our psyche and our soma, our mind and it's mentation and our bodies are not two separate things but rather part of a whole that allows for a spectrum from the psyche to the soma.

Our mind and body are truly one.

That said, notice what the scientists are now saying about the human heart rate and the horse's heart rate (and the emotions that might raise or lower that rate).

I hold they can even read our emotions on our breath, so other's heart rate reading by the horse really comes as no suprise to me. I spent years teaching this to my students and team members. "Always bring calmness, until you want something else."

http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=14464

Horses React to Human Heart Rates, Study Finds
by: Nancy Zacks
July 01 2009, Article # 14464
Print ArticlePrint Email ArticleEmail Add to my FavoritesNEW! Add to Favorites RSS FeedRSS ShareThis
An increase in a human's heart rate affects the heart rate of the horse they are leading or riding, researchers at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences recently reported.

Linda Keeling, PhD, and colleagues tested horses and riders to see if humans inadvertently communicate fear and anxiety to horses. Using heart rate as a fear indicator, the researchers asked 20 people with varying levels of horse experience to walk and ride 10 horses from Point A to Point B four times. The researchers told participants an umbrella would open as they rode or led the horse on the fourth pass. The umbrella never opened, but heart rates in both horses and humans increased during the fourth trip between the points, when the human expected the umbrella to open.

"The increase in the horses' heart rates probably means that they are more alert and prepared to react to any potential danger," Keeling said. "In the wild, horses are adapted to respond to other animals in their group. A startle reaction is more likely when the horse is very alert."

If you are a nervous person leading or riding a horse, your nervousness might increase the likelihood of the "spook" that you are anxious to avoid.

The study, "Investigating horse-human interactions: the effect of a nervous human," was published in the July 2009 issue of The Veterinary Journal. The abstract is available on PubMed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19375959?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=1&log$=relatedarticles&logdbfrom=pubmed

How long have humans already known this? I could not calculate the eons, but as predators of the horse we most surely accounted for just this kind of sensitivity in them, as well as other animals we hunted. And when we began to partner with them? Didn't we still also know this about them? That they are highly reactive to us?

If not, then why did we embarked on centuries long breeding of them to either suppress or enhance certain traits that relate to "sensitivity?"

Nice the scientists are catching up with us. Likely they'll still lag behind though.
;) 8) :funny: :roll:

So tell me, why do YOU think that Freckles knows he can get away with stealing Glen's coffee?

And how is it that Altea understood my spoken "Excuse me," when I wished to get by her and moved over, though I was standing still and had not raised a hand or done a thing to indicate I wished to pass, other than thought it and said my words that best expressed my inner state of wishing to pass by?

Today I told Altea she must hold still for her fly spray. Nothing special in that, of course. She knows. And the horse flies, the big black hairy brute types, are swarming.

But because Bonnie, being a silly little girl as yet, runs from being sprayed I told her she must tell Bonnie to hold still.

So what happened ... Bonnie still ran away -- BUT -- Altea followed her, and began rubbing her spray soaked neck and chin all over Bonnie. Was it to transfer some protection against the flies?

Well, Altea's never done this kind of contact with Bonnie before. Did she pick up on my desire to protect Bonnie, or did her mother instinct motivate her?

I'm still doing breath reading with both of them. I haven't cleared my own mind sufficiently yet, quieted the Monkey chatter, to read their breath but I'm reasonably sure they read mine quite easily.

Though I confess I've been unable to retest my "predator visualization," and breath it to Bonnie as I did before and produced a disgusted nose wrinkling and pulling away to clear her own nose of the scent of my breath.

I didn't like my feeling at the time, nor her reaction. Her facial expression was very like mine would be at smelling something especially rancid and stinking.

And she likes Kate more then she does me. I can tell by how much more she trusts Kate. Kate's already putting on and taking off the head collar Bonnie won't let me near her with in my hands. :roll: :funny:

She sticks her nose in it and follows Kate all about the paddock with her nose still in it.

Same head collar, same treats, same cuing (and my "technique" is better), just a different person. I'm the one that breathed "Death, and a barbecue" into her nose one day. YeeKs!

Oh what I suffer for my science. :ieks: 8)

Donald (who has been apologizing with his breath to Bonnie ever since).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:50 am 

Stupid with heat makes conversing on the somewhat esoteric beyond my grasp right now, but suffice to say I feel good reading this one and I am with you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 am 

Kate watched a bank display tic over to 101f while in Beaverton today. We got to about 92 in the shade here.

Most of the time I simply sprayed water everywhere for Bonnie and Altea pretty much on the hour. That metal roof reflects a lot of heat, but spraying it down works even better by the rapid evaporation. And I love the smell of dust when water hits it on a hot summer day. Takes me right back to the racing stables when I was a boy.

The relationship I have with Bonnie and Altea seems to be changing. We wuffle and breath together alot, and I talk to them constantly when with them. Much different than what I grew up with.

Altea is getting rightly annoyed with Bonnie. But they are working out the feeding routine gradually. A few little nips on Bonnie's knees and top of her neck from Altea has convinced her that her own feed bucket is far preferable to snitching little bites out of mommy's bucket. :funny:

Though you should have seen her expression ... "Mommy HURT ME!" when Altea laid down the new Law Of The Bucket.

Considering that Altea is always hungry because of her IR, and Bonnie looks like a sausage with for toothpicks stuck in it for legs, I can't blame Altea. She's not really doing any damage, and her bites are quite controlled.

Yes, it was too hot to think today.

I turned on the air conditioner for the first time this year. Some years never, but 92 most of the day did me in.

Now it's cool night and the air is circulating through the downstairs window and out every upstairs window. Feels nice.

The barn, if you remember, has open upper halves to the door panels, and the roof peak is open all along it's upper edge, as well as the length of the lower edge, so they should get a good breeze during the night.

Donald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:46 am 

Donald,

There must be some kind of 'collective consciousness' going on here. Over the past week, I have been reading the book Riding Between The Worlds by Linda Kohanov and just yesterday downloaded and started reading a book by Jenny Pearce call Zen Connection with Horses - A practical guide to inter-species communication.

In both of these books, it is talking about just the sorts of things that you are thinking about and working on with Altea and Bonnie. I hope that, even though I've only had Honey a few short months now, that we can build this kind of communication (truly, communion) between us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 am 

this is very interesting but yes, definitely in a "well, tell us something we didn't know" kind of way. It nice to know there is scientific data to back up our knowledge but I don't think science will ever quite catch up as it is a lot easier and faster for us to discover these things than it is for these experiments to take place, assuming that they even believe that there is something to experiment in the first place.

Shannon - thank you for those book titles - i gave them a quick google and they look very interesting. I love the fact that you can download them straight away. Anybody else interested you can find them at http://www.bookswithspirit.com/shop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 am 

I have nothing more to say than, know the feeling of my horse knowing better what I think than I do myself... he must endure a lot because I am sometimes so dreamy that I am not being clear or am making sense to him and he seems to think I'm a poor little human.

Just happy he wants to help me :)

Beau get's away with a lot because I don't understand myself untill I see his reaction :) and then who am I to say anything about it...

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm 

:funny: Simple. Freckles knows he owns me, heart and soul. He knows I am wrapped around his little finger. He knows I try as hard as I can to understand what he tries to tell me, and I will comply if I grasp his request. He knows I will give him everything he wants unless it is harmful.

There have so many times that I have been a considerable distance away from them, and I have called across "Do you want to move to the other paddock?" I get a VERY clear "Yes" or "No" response in that they either walk to the gate or they don't. Sometimes they stand and think about it for a minute or two. Sometimes they appear to have a quick discussion between themselves before they answer me. :D

The other day. I think it was Monday, the hay net which has cut grass in it was empty. As soon as Freckles saw me he trotted across to that hay net and poked his head between the net and the tree so the hay net was draped over his poll and dangling down the side of his face. :funny: Then he turned his head sideways to stare at me. Obvious. "Mom! Refill please." :roll: :funny:

He has been watching everything we do with intensity. This morning he picked up the little brush we scrub the water trough with, mumbled it around until some of the bristles were poking out of the side of his mouth, and ran the brush over the trough a few times. :ieks: This report comes direct from my hubby who saw it. :funny:

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:40 pm 

As I said, and others have noted as well, science has a ways to go to keep up with us.

Though I haven't read the abstract on the "horses react to human heartbeat," I can't help but wonder how they dealt with the fact the horse also has an acute sense of smell, and a most powerful sense of kinetic balance. The slightest shift of the human's weight on his back would also alert the horse, and certain kinds of shifts, speed, direction, intensity, may be a pattern announcement to a horse. This shift at that speed, with this intensity, means the human on my back is anxious, or frightened, or laughing, or falling asleep.

As with human interaction that communicates it is complex enough that artificial attempts to control these things result finally in either a mess, or a mess and miscommunication. The solution for communication?

Stop trying. Just be one's self. Be intentional at our core. Be who we are. If it sets horses off somehow, look not to change our signals that they sense, but to our beingness they sense through our signals.

Get right with yourself.

Has anyone never had a day when they were "in a state," and didn't know it until their horse tipped them off by their reactions?

Feeling anxious but can't put your finger on the cause? (Sometimes referred to as free floating anxiety). Ask your horse.

Bonnie, the four month old, asks me every day to give her my breath. She wants to know what I'm up to, I guess. Altea, the 13 year old sometimes checks out my breath but I think she also gets a lot without even needing that.

Donald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:48 pm 

Quote:
Though you should have seen her expression ... "Mommy HURT ME!" when Altea laid down the new Law Of The Bucket.

Growing up so hard for all of us : )

Quote:
Stop trying. Just be one's self.

For me this means being with a horse who more often than not makes it easy to be my best self. I am not yet skilled and confident and comfortable enough to feel truly at ease riding hot crazy things. I always said of my very often poor relations with Arabians - "I am the Arabian in this equation!!!" Bella on the other hand is super easy for me to trust, though there are some who would call her hot due to her sensitivity and their lack thereof. Give me a good match any day of the week. Being with them only helps me better with the others. Most of whom I am good with on the ground, just not up there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:31 pm 

Splendid stuff that I'm belatedly reading.

Donald, my vet John just mentioned this study to me two days ago -- he'd been reading about it, too. He had a similar reaction, "tell us something we don't know" ;) but we agreed that it was, in fact, important for the science to back up those things we've been hearing/seeing/sensing intuitively. But very cool that you brought it up as well -- need to go read from the link!

And this:
Quote:
Stop trying. Just be one's self. Be intentional at our core. Be who we are. If it sets horses off somehow, look not to change our signals that they sense, but to our beingness they sense through our signals.

Get right with yourself.

Has anyone never had a day when they were "in a state," and didn't know it until their horse tipped them off by their reactions?

I just wrote about such a day in another thread -- I absolutely flipped out at Stardust and was awful shrieky violent woman and then burst into huge sobbing tears for about 20 minutes. It was one of those full body tear and snot running down the face cries. NOT lovely! :roll: All of the stress I'd been holding about everything that's been stressful in my life recently came galloping up to the surface and out with bodily fluids. I don't do these very often...

(I thought that this was about Stardust not wanting oil on his feet. Nope. It was about him backing away from the energy I was spiking all over the place as I chased him around, scooting like a crab, trying to get his hooves...he didn't need that near his lovely tootsies!) :ieks: I was obtuse enough that it took my blowing up for me to realize that he was actually responding to how tense I was.) :blush:

Bless their hearts, they both were so compassionate with me. They took turns coming over to check me out -- they'd step into my space, sniff, and nudge a little, and then back off. And then the next day they both were as huggy as they ever get -- Stardust actually pushed Circe out of the way so he could hug me at one point.

Lesson being, for me, what you wrote above. I get myself so worked up about being perfect. But in that moment of true imperfection and then the release of it, it felt like we all let go of some toxins in our energy. I've been gentler with them and they've been gentler with me since then (this was maybe a week ago?) than we've all been for a while. Soft. Loving, Aware that we all have nerve endings that might be raw.

I've had limited time and energy over the last month plus, and I've been fretting about not having the energy to be "on" when I'm spending time with my guys. I'm finally realizing (or probably, more accurately, remembering) that I don't need to be anybody but who I am when I show up. They and the day will take care of the rest.

We are so taught to strive at everything we do in this culture! (At least in American culture...can't say for anyone else.) But my horses are reminding me that I don't have to work so damn hard. And that I'd actually rather not -- pleasure, for them and for me, is what I'm after, not any particular accomplishment. Learning, goofing off, trying new stuff, all of us finding all of the atoms in our bodies and celebrating them, yes. But there doesn't need to be an agenda for how that happens.

Thanks!
:f:
Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:54 am 

I wouldn't want to try and guess, Leigh, which cultures are the most laid back, and which the most compulsively Type A. I don't think we Americans really rate all the high and we have a large population of the laid back. We just aren't always comfortable with it, or with them, or ourselves, if we happen to one of the laid back types. The Calvinist beginnings of our country and the overthrowing of the native peoples pretty much has us backed up about this.

We aren't ourselves much of the time. We try to be something we are not.

Thus we lose the ability to even know what or who we are. As I age and do a little "getting over myself," I've discovered a rather jolly pleasant fellow that far more loves playful cooperation that reaching a goal. In fact the goals have changed.

I try to beat winter with my garden. I try to have my horses tucked in proper before dark. And for the most part those, and similar, goals are met.

It's when I insist the horse move over for my convenience that I start to lose who I am. So much of my "training," is silly play. With being perfectly content if the horse says no, or let's do something else.

At present Bonnie, at four months and a week or so, is still not wearing a halter. BUT we have more damn fun playing with a halter, my taking it away from her, she biting it for taste testing and the fun of oral play, she sticking her nose in the wrong opening and me having a laughing fit.

So we amble about the yard, her following me trying to get me to hold the blasted piece, of what to her is just a rubbish toy to play with, still enough to get me to give up that treat she knows happens now and then.

But most important, she and I "talk," a great deal. We are, as I've mentioned I believe in my opening post in this thread, exchanging breath. I, poor human with a breath reading disability that I am, do my best to just let her sweet baby breath fill my head and wait to see what happens (I seem to be getting a sense of giggling more than anything else -- which fits with a toddle aged horse).

She, on the other hand, born with the ability to know things from another animal's breath scent seems to get my intent very well.

I am committing the cardinal sin, in some circles, of letting her mouth my face. She is infinitely gentle, for a horse, about 400 lbs now probably, and tickles me and lips my beard and moustache without biting at all.

Beside collecting my breath, which is the way I open communication with her (I snort softly or blow softly), I cannot help but wonder if there isn't about the sensory apparatus of the end of the nose, and possibly some spill out from the mouth, that involves some sophisticated taste sensing. She does seem to be, though not really taking any part of my face into her mouth, tasting me.

When one thinks on what taste is about with a horse, or any creature for that matter, it would be no wonder if it were extremely highly developed as an information channel for them.

For instance, do lies have a smell or taste, or combination that is a tip off for the horse?

Do thoughts about intent taste good if they are good intent from the horse's viewpoint?

I "told," Bonnie today that we were going with Annalise, Kate, and her mommy Altea for a walk in the deep dark woods today. She took my breath on it and walked away then started wildly playing. She had been quite calm and busy with small tasks up to that point.

But she became like a little kid told that he or she is going to go to Disneyland.

Lots happened on that trip, but that's another story, and I'll let Annaliese talk about that if she wishes. Quite a day today.

I beat up Bonnie and Altea a great deal today, while they pretty much calmly stood for it. Bonnie especially caught on quickly as to what I was up to.

"Beat UP," he says? Yes, with the fly swatter.

The biting deer flies and the big hairy horse flies are out in force. Hot and slightly humid today. They came in little bunches to bite and suck blood, and so I taught both horses to put up with my patting them all over with the fly swatter, and together we got a lot of them killed.

Bonnie, who is because of the lack of a halter training completion, always at liberty would come to be "beaten up," with the fly swatter. Even the hard hits that were part of actually knocking down a fly didn't bother her, though mother Altea does not take too kindly to it, and tends to move away.

I must do more breath exchange with Altea. She's not into it especially as Bonnie is. But in time, if I "speak," proper breath talk with her she may find it a way for us to communicate. She was, if I'm not mistaken, trained "Natural Horsemanship," and shows the many signs of strong pressure release work on her. Yet I am getting through on another level I think.

Well, as she trains me to think and act properly. I'll learn. She's a good teacher and creates a better student. She and Kate have bonded strongly, so I pretty much stay out of that exchange and let them build what they have.

Trying to be genuine comes more easily when a baby horse is your guide. She doesn't lie. If I'm "bad," I know it pretty quickly. So I learn to be softer, less demanding, more playful, and more patient.

A part of me that is real, and only needs to be cultivated and remembered.

Donald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:36 am 

Hi Donald.

Just a bit of an update from me. :D Since I started to offer breath exchange regularly to my horses when they came home to live, a few specific things have changed.

Freckles now obsessively licks my hands. He never did this before the breath exchanges started. He will stand for 5 minutes or more just licking my hands. I have no idea why or what is really going on with this.
The other part of this is that he is obviously trying to do everything that "his" humans do. :funny: His latest thing is using a brush to scrub the water trough. He actually mumbles the brush around until he is satisfied with its position in his mouth and gets some bristles sticking out the side of his mouth and then he rubs those bristles over the inside of the trough. :clap:
Other times it appears that he merely tries to add "convenience" to our lives. For example he will see us picking up poo, come over, sniff what we are doing, try to pick up the rake or spade and fail as the handles are long and awkward. He will often then turn and present his butt and dump a big poo right at our feet. :funny:
He has become a lot more patient and tolerant of "human incompetence" and does quite a lot of :roll: when we misunderstand him instead of walking away.
He has several times suggested to me that he and I play "horse-games" like nipping noses which I have, so far, politely declined.
He has developed an obvious desire to "show off" for me and will glance at me after he executes a spectacular movement in play with Laska - :funny: after I say my "ooooh, aaah, beautiful, wonderful, pretty" speech he gets a very smug look on his face.
I have been able to communicate to him that it would please me if he was "nice" to the new pony and allowed sharing of resources rather than hoarding. He has complied.
I have been able to get him to "wait over there" instead of demanding that only he gets my attention all the time.

Laska has begun to request snuggles and cuddles. This is such a huge step forwards for this little horse. He will walk up to me and lay his cheek on my belly and just stand quietly with my arms around his head. Then he will give ahuge sigh and move off to carry on with his horsey life.
This from a horse who was so afraid of what people might do to him that he threatened to bite or kick anyone who approached him a mere 10 months ago. 8) :clap:
I can now approach Laska with a lead-line openly in my hand and put it around his neck. He still has a few minor issues with a halter, but it is more a trigger for his claustrophobia than a concern that I might "use it against him." He still occasionally drops into his "dance around and stop you doing stuff with my feet" mode but a short breath exchange and a flat statement that hoof-maintenance is for his benefit not ours gets him to stand beautifully and offer his feet one at a time.
I have recently taught him that "head-down" = treat and he is getting the idea so fast.
I find that a breath-exchange before, during and after "training" sessions extends his concentration span. :D

Rocket pony has, to date, refused all my invitations for an exchange. We'll see.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:37 am 
Site Admin

You know I enjoy reading this soo much!
I see lot of Owen in Freckles and Jamie in Laska :)

And I can busy myself with the fly swapper around Owen head above the fence. What trust!

But I came here for something else... How would an apart section be: AND babies, the first AND generation, Generation A?
Where the new AND babies are posted with a picture and a link to their diaries so we can follow them always through the years and people can see if they ripp us to pieces, grown into savage predators for not being properly 'trained' or simply are horses who show intellect and performance, the world has not seen since Beiaard and Buchephalos?

:green:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:15 am 

Donald Redux wrote:
The solution for communication?

Get right with yourself.

This is beautiful... simply because I have been trying so hard the past few days to get my body language right. Although I know it may sound silly, I hadn't thought of just being me before. I suppose I thought my natural body language wasn't good enough, but truly, the natural body language is the best kind. Thank you.

Donald Redux wrote:

Feeling anxious but can't put your finger on the cause? (Sometimes referred to as free floating anxiety). Ask your horse.

Interestingly enough, today I was feeling off from the norm. (which is usually quite joyful and peaceful and completely in my self.) I went out to play with Finale, my wonderful little Morgan mare, today who promptly walked up, smelled me, and rested her head on my shoulder. She then rested her nose in my hand. I have had this same experience many times, especially with her, with horses- where they give me a direct picture (sometimes visual and sometimes just a very exact thought, but not in word form) or I give them a picture (same out of the two that they would give me) and they have a reaction to it or give me a picture in return. Today, Finale told me that she understood exactly why I was feeling this way, that she was sorry that my friend felt like that, and that she knew a walk would make me feel better. As we walked, she insisted on walking right next to me with her head low and would put her face near me every time we stopped. Yes, science is very far off from knowing everything.

~There is no such thing as impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:35 am 

Donald Redux wrote:
She does seem to be, though not really taking any part of my face into her mouth, tasting me.

When one thinks on what taste is about with a horse, or any creature for that matter, it would be no wonder if it were extremely highly developed as an information channel for them.

For instance, do lies have a smell or taste, or combination that is a tip off for the horse?

Do thoughts about intent taste good if they are good intent from the horse's viewpoint?

Growing up as a very "different" character from the rest of the children my age, I have been able to find my complete self. I have always known who I am, what I am here for, exactly what I love, and have been able to lose myself in the moment. I have been able to build on who I was at birth, which I think is very cool considering that most people lose a lot of their selves in late childhood-teenhood and continue to lose it until they get around their 40s and 50s, when they start to grow it again. Interestingly enough, along with this practice of being extremely in tune with my self comes an extreme in tune-ness (for lack of a better word) with the world, and so comes very interesting "senses" that most people would not believe were real even if I showed them.

I don't necessarily believe that horses have better sense than we do, just that they have better sense of them selves than most humans do. Due to better sense of them selves, they have better sense of the world in general. From experience, I can inform you that lies most definitely have a specific "taste", if you will. They are disgusting and repulsive. The other thing that "tastes" the worst is ingrown and very deep and strong hate for a specific person. It grabs at your throat and burns it until you wish to cry.

Good intent can be tasted as well. And they do taste- as you have wondered, very pleasant. I do not claim to have senses quite as highly developed as the horse's are, but mine are a bit more "up there" when speaking of humans. I can feel a person's self presence, energy, and emotions. If I look into their eyes it is extremely accurate, but I am starting to get to the point of where I can feel it at a wider range too. I am even beginning to be able to "see" a person's self- who they are as they were born. Personalities are quite easy to see, they are shallow and ugly habits that sit on the surface. Character is a little bit more difficult,but it's as simple as looking in under the water. Self is something that requires much greater focus on my part but has become much fun. I have not melt an ugly self yet, only ugly personalities. Inanimate objects also have certain energies about them. People (and any living creatures) have energy that flows into and out of them and fills them and surrounds them, all very particular and very easy to see. If they cut off (whether consciously or subconsciously) this energy that flows into them, their emotions and feeling is greatly hindered. If they are in a great state of pain, they can also take a good amount of energy and translate it into something very powerfully sinister.

As I learn more, I become more and more fascinated about the world. :D I hope that I do not sound as if I am "tooting my own horn" to anybody, because I am not- I simply felt as if it were safe here to share these things, and as if it was the appropriate place to place it.

Smiles,
Kara

~There is no such thing as impossible.