The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 pm 

And I meant to say Leigh, that you had just an awesome childhood too! I have tried to do similar with my kids, and have failed in some ways...i surrounded them with space and animals, and the boys likde some of it, but not really the animals....it was my daughter, Amy that really loved all that....i am sure TV has a lot to do with it...everything is just too instant these days.... :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 am 

i think that you created a little wonder woman with Amy. she is a good girl, and i think that if she starts to have a look through at little video links on here, which their are heaps, she will work this all out faster than us!!!!!! :roll:

i think i might start videoing some of them from the early training and keep it in order, so that i can put up a post with just videos for those like me that find it hard to learn from written word. (people must think it very odd that i can write sooooooooo much, yet have difficulties reading and comprehending, i know, it is very comfusing to me too!!! all i can say is that i have fallen on my head too many times, till i learned to fall on my shoulder!!)

i think to have a video diary, where every step had a small video and little entry. this would be great. i would love to see something like this. so if anyone knows of one like it let me know!! :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 pm 

Yes...maybe...but maybe you, her 'surrogate mum' also helped create her a bit too! I have found some old fotos of her doing things with ponies and animals when she was really small...will try and email them to you so you can see she always had it in her....she came to a grown up decision yesterday. She decided she didnt want to do ponyclub anymore, just cos best friend Amyleigh is doing it....and she told me that Amyleigh will be out ther winning lots of stuff in the future, and that she wants to train her horses and just have fun with them, but Amyelighs pony will not be able to doany of the same stuff...and byut the time it is Rosies age, will be a physical wreck, like Rosie was when we bought her....so i guess she is a lot wiser than i give her credit for.... :f: :f: :love: :love: :friends:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 pm 

and yes, a video diary will be great! anything....your right, if she watches video clips, she can do it on her own, istead of me having to explain to her....she has to be inspiored in her own way....not do the same as you or anyone necessarily....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:11 pm 

Lovely words and thoughts from everyone. It makes me smile on such a cold, cloudy day. :)
Sara I love the thought of ponies being "mud fairies". I shall tell mine that next time they come in decorated in their favourite muddy styles.
Jessplum I love the 3 musketeers, your children are so gentle and gifted it is wonderful to see, makes me almost want a child too so I can see that wonder again. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 pm 

Just wanted to leave a little note here about a related topic I started in this section called "What role horses (and other animals) play in our lives".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:30 pm 

No Natalie! It wasnt the ponies that were mud fairies...although that is a great concept! But Jess's 2 boys!! prior to baby no 3......the kids were all covered inmud aswell as the horses!!! :love: :love:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:40 pm 

Birgit, I believe that horses and other animals are brought here to teach us stuff about ourselves. Quite often a horse is a mirror image of their carer. But they also absorb our energy. Rosie, my daughter's horse is impatient and cant stand still for a minute....just like me! I am learning the art of patience and calmness...and geuss what, Rosie becomes calmer too!
They are also here in our lives on a deeper level. A couple of weeks ago, i tried tuning into Rosie, and asking what she was here to teach me, and she replied, in my head, very impatiently, ie, just in character for her, 'why to love yourself of course!' like i was so stupid that i didn't get it!
My Quarter horse, Disco, who I had in Australia, and ended up being lovingly looked after by Jess, where he ended his days, when we had come back to Wales, I believe found his way to me, so that I would look into the healing properties of herbs and alternative treatments...he was very sick for most/all of the time I/Jess had him, and I learnt a lot about herbs, homeopathy and a bit of healing too, from him. I feel now, he is guiding me in certain ways, and towards certain things, that will mean i can help other horses.
His photo is alwasy in a prominent place, he knows he was very loved and not forgotten, and I always ask him for guidance about Rosie, or any other horse i need to know something for. I am sure manyothers have similar stories..... :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f: :f:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:16 pm 

Ah! then I must have been a mud fairy when I was little as I plastered my little sister head to toe in mud one day and she stood there and let me. I was quite clean but it took mum many, many baths to get it all off her, and she hated baths. 8) I reckon that is why she has good skin complexion today! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:40 pm 

Ha Ha! You little monkey! When we first visited oz, we saw a lot of Aboriginal cultural dancing etc, and when we returned, our kids got in our dam and covered themselves in mud, painted their faces like 'Avorisabees' as the littlest one called them...and i seem to remember Amy (now 13) swimming in there trying to catch our flock of ducks! I just dont know how you stayed clean while you muddied up your sister! :thumright: :thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 am 

hi. i know that i have these in my diary, but i wanted to put them in here. i think this raises a question. how much interaction do we let our children have with large animals? how much trust can we put in the horse? how young?

to me, i evaluate each horses ability with children. and i have noticed that some horses like some children, but not others. i think that horses are very much like people. some are baby orriented, and some are far from it!!!! ;)

Danni has the most incredibly maternal instinct. she loves babies, i think that you can see that from on her face. she has known Dylan from befor he was born. she loved to smell my pregnent belly and used to gently lick it. i think that she could sense the baby in there.

actually i found that alot of my maternal mares used to smell my belly when i was pregnant. they were very protective of me and were gentler than normal. how much do you think that horses know? ;)

also, what do others think of children riding? and how young?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 am 

heheheheh!!! i had to share this, this is Dylan, my little feral animal boy! this is what he does while mummy plays with horseys. :love: :love: :love: :love:

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... cks400.flv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:06 pm 

:funny: :funny: :funny: So do you just hose him off before you take him back in the house? :funny: :funny: :funny:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:06 pm 

Oh Jess!! That is too funny!!

So spontaneous and magical!

Makes us adults remember what we forgot, eh?

Brenda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:02 pm 

Hi All,

I love this thread and I love the pictures.
I am now pregnant of my first and want nothing more than to let
the baby grow up between our animals.
We just bought a farm on which till now we will have 4 horses (next year two foals I hope), dogs, cats and I would love to get some goats and chickens :)
I myself have always been hiding between the horses. Whenever school finished I was gone and not to be found untill the dark came.
I hope my babies will be just as free as I have always been :)

Hihi jess I want my babies also to speak dog, horse, cat, goat and chicken :)

love,

Helene