The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Painful
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 am 

Jazz, do you remember him? He's under the topic Healing Experience http://www.artofnaturaldressage.com/viewtopic.php?t=371

Last Saturday, I was getting ready to go see another client when my neck down to my shoulder on my left side was really hurting. I thought it was strange how all of a sudden it became painful. I rubbed it but it didn't help.

It wasn't until I reached I my folks driveway, that it dawned on me. "Is that you, Jazz?" I asked. The pain completely went away and then it came back, all within seconds. I immediately headed out to see Jazz first. Sure enough, Jazz wasn't moving and he looked uncomfortable. He had a branch in his mane. I pulled that out from his right side and on his left side was a nasty knot near his withers.

Jazz, allowed me to massage it. His ears never went back, nor did he stomp his feet. His tail was swishing and I acknowledged him that it was painful and I was being careful. I couldn't believe I was doing this without a lead rope or halter. It's just so nice to work with him in this matter.

He had enough and he walked away from me. I know the knot wasn't completely gone, but it must've been good enough, because I haven't felt the pain since.

April