The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:37 pm 

Just wondering if you guys ever have a meeting/clinic's in Scotland ??
Cheer Ali :f:

Last edited by Ali on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 am 

Hi Ali,
I asked this before, and it seems there used to be more of us UK AND members, but they have drifted off... I think the only other person from the UK is Susie (PiePony). She lives up North somewhere I think, so a lot closer to you than me... I guess the answer is to look around for more people who share our views and interests, and slowly form a UK network of people who share the AND philosophy :D

I hope at some point I can make a trip out to one of the summer meetings though, as it'd be lovely to meet everybody and it looks like so much fun! In some ways I love that we are so spread apart, meaning that all over the world there are these fun and creative relationships going on with horses. It just means it involves a long journey to actually meet these people in the flesh :funny:.

If you ever find yourself making a trip to the South West, drop by and we can have some adventures with the ponies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:50 pm 

hi

What a shame that there are no AND members in the uk :sad: We must make a uk members meeting someday :)
if you are ever in scotland come visit us :sun:

Last edited by Ali on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:29 pm 

Thank you for the offer!

Likewise, if ever you happen to come down to Devon, let me know and we can have some pony fun! I am looking after three other ponies as well as Spirit and Skylark at the moment, so we could set ourselves a whole day of pony playtime, as I know that their owner wouldn't mind.

I think somebody else from the UK joined the forum recently, so we're slowly getting some numbers to have a UK gathering :D :D

We could meet somewhere in the middle of the UK perhaps? Although we'd need to find some horses to join the gathering i'm sure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:11 pm 

Yay that would be Great :applause:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 pm 

Brilliant

If the other UK members would like to join us in a gathering that'd be lovely :smile:. Or may be if we wait a couple of months there might be a couple more of us by then - our numbers do seem to be growing! :cheer:

And if anybody else could find some cheap flights and get over here i'm sure that would be better still... :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Ali, do you still want to be visited? I could make it this summer, having no trips scheduled until September/October. So if you want me to come and play with you and Cic and Thunder Bug for two days or so, just let me know. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:56 pm 

:D Romy that would be so lovely , it would be so great for you to come over ! You are always welcome !
It would so nice for Cic as he is so distrustful of other people and has a firm belief that I ( and perhaps my mother ) are the only nice humans in the whole world and that I am the only human ever to do things with nice treats , so it will be lovely for him to meet someone else !
Thank you !!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yeah: :giveflower: :yeah: :yeah:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, great! For me it would work best between mid-August and mid-September. I could come for three days, i.e. arrive in the afternoon/evening of day 1, spend the whole day 2 with you and the horses and then leave in the morning of day 3. Shall we set a date already or do that spontaneously?

By the way, which airport is closest to where you live? And is there a train or bus connection from the airport to your place?

Looking forward to it! :f:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:14 am 

Sounds great :smile:
I have sent you a PM with all the details re airport
:f:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:52 pm 

Ooooh I wish I could come and join you guys! I just haven't got the funds to get up there though this summer... Have a lovely time though!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:28 pm 

Hello I'm here in Somerset! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while or looked at the meetups section.. But I am here, noseying around the forums just not saying much!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 am 

Hello! Ive just joined and, yes, I am in Scotland :-)
I was mid ST mastery course but my boy started getting very anxious/angry with the groundwork so a FB friend in America directed me to this type of play and movement as she'd had a similar response from her horse. Im reading all I can and started CT at end of last week. Brio and my relationship is already returning after only 3 days.
Im near Stirling btw.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:36 am 

Welcome Jan :D if you want to can introduce yourself and Brio here
It is very nice to have some other people from the UK on AND :yes: .
If you are ever traveling to by inverness then you are very welcome to come and visit us , or if you want to be visited , Stirling is not too far away from me :)
Best Wishes
Ali :f:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:45 pm 

sorry Ali i use your treat because i dont know were to post it ;-)

i am one of the very old and first members of AND and have visit a few ppl in the UK. (in the past)
so i was wondering if they are still alive and do read sometimes over here??
Or are the they same as i, very bussy do other things and not write and read a lot over here?
still have contact by FB with a few of them but not all....so...are you still here??