The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hallo from South Africa
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:52 pm 

Hello!
I am also a South African newby to this forum!
I make my living from teaching people to train their horses in a kinder and more effective way. I've only been doing it for a few months in Cape Town but I am having so much fun and I do get to travel a lot for clinics - so if you'd be interested you are so welcome to come and watch if I happen to do one anywhere near you. Perhaps it will give you more ideas of things you can do with your stunning boy! I teach the same with tack as I do without tack, so my pupils come from all different walks - competitive and non competitive. If you would like I can put you in touch with some of the South African FB training groups that are like minded - it is so much fun to see how many people near you actually think like you do!!
Hayley

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:04 pm 

Welcome Hayley! :f:

I took the liberty to start a new topic for your introduction. Just to keep everything tidy and so you get your very own warm welcome here! :sun: Hope you feel yourself at home!

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:48 pm 

Thank you Volker! Sorry- I am still working everything out. I did try to write a long introduction but it seems to have disappeared! :P

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Hayley!

I hope you will enjoy the forum and share your experiences with us, and I am also very interested in your teaching experiences. I think I would be a lousy teacher because I think I could only teach things in the exact same way that I want to interact with horses, instead of adjusting to my students' wishes enough. But who knows, perhaps I will learn it in the future. :f:

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:21 pm 

Thanks Romy!

It was hard to start off with, but then I realised that like with the horses, my pupils idea's are just as important as mine. Sometimes I need to hear their idea's to change their minds and sometimes they change my mind, but in the end we all learn from each other and I have had so much inspiration from my pupils! I have also noticed that a lot of them who were riding in metal bits have changed to plastic bits, the ones in plastic bits have gone to halters, and I am having frequent requests to just 'play' at liberty instead of ridden work during our supposed riding lessons...this from riders who bought purpose bred sport horses with the sole intention of competing! So it seems that it is the fruit of this method that convinces and not the theory :) It is hard for me to become more objective and less judgemental but as far as life skills go it's probably a good one for me to learn anyway.

#jointhehorsetrainingrevolution

Woo-hoo!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:45 pm 

Sorry for my late welcome. I hope you learn a lot from this forum- I certainly have! Although it sounds like you might be helping me with my horse more than the other way around. :D Anyway, I'm glad you found this place! :f:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:35 pm 

Hi Hayley

I've already sent you a message on Facebook. I didn't realise you had replied to one of my posts from some time ago on this forum, only realised it when I recognised the miss-spelled hello :funny:. I've been gone for a while and am struggling a bit with the new format. Sorry I also realised I called you Hazel by mistake :blush:. I look forward to reading more about what you do :) .