The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:06 pm 

Hello everyone,
Here is a video of Delphine Bookens, a belgian girl who does equestrian spectacle. She is very talentued! Have a look on the video! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j753_montage-tigo-liberte_animals

http://myspace.com/alexandracmoa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Nice video! I hadn't seen this one before, but just about a month ago I saw another video of her with a black welsh pony (it's the other video of Delphine that you see at the right in your link) on the Dutch forum Bokt.nl. I really admired the things she had taught her pony in that video, only sometimes her whip-cues could have been a bit more subtle for me, especially in the Spanish walk and the sideways movement. I didn't know she trained more horses, and I loved this one of her white horse. It's great to see how this horse attempts passage, very inspiring indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:18 pm 

Oh yes I agree, I give you the link of her websitehttp://spectacle-equestre.skynetblogs.be/ Unfortunatelly, it's in french, but there is a lot of pictures of her two ponys and her white horse. I like her, she is very humble and simple too. She deserves a lot of credit because she has learned a lot by herself.

It is also making sure the horse takes pleasure in doing everything that is asked of him"

Nuno Oliveira

http://myspace.com/alexandracmoa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:44 pm 

I found this video on youtube and I tought I should put it here. When I was looking at that horse and the power that comes from him. Horses are really wonderful creatures! Well, take a look and you will see :). Maybe someone knows her???

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RLdVfX3OzNk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, Barbara, thanks for posting this!! The horse´s movements look so great and I am looking forward very much to the day (in the distant future ;)) when Titum and me will be able to do similar things. Of course without all the pressure... 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Great video!

I didn't see that much pressure being used though, I thought she worked very subtle. I loved the passage, at one point when the horse goes from left to right in passage you can see that he really tugs his hindleg in under himself instead of stretching them out behind him like you see often. And his terre a terre is very, very smooth. Blacky moves much more staccato. 8)

The things that I did notice was that the horse was a bit tense and stressed (letting out gas with loud noises is a sign of stress/tension, if a horse is calm you won't hear it, strange but true) and that he tends to be a bit too straight on the volte, not bending in but instead pointing his nose straight forwards or out of the circle.

I think she is from the NHE forum, I think I know the horse from videos over there from similar videos from about a year ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Miriam wrote:
I didn't see that much pressure being used though, I thought she worked very subtle.

Sorry, I didn´t mean to offend anyone. :oops: I am just so hypersensitive for pressure. For me there is absolutely no contradiction between working subtle and using pressure. I can even pressure Titum with looking at him. But I also think that the video is great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, now I know what you mean! 8)

By the way, it's interesting to see that you never see a NHE video in which any kind of bending or sideways movements is done. Alexander Nevzorov does a few steps of shoulder-in in the first dvd, but you never see it in any training saddle or picture. Here neither. It might explain why the horses are quite often counter-bent in the video's. Also on the forum there never were lessons or focus on those exercises. Quite strange, as if they are just not that interested in bending and straightening the horse, but instead focus on collection only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I also thought about that in the last days or weeks. And I think that exactly this is one of the reasons why many dressage people say that Mr. Nevzorov is doing circus tricks... Great that we have you here, Miriam, otherwise I also wouldn´t know about the importance of moving sideways and bending!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:38 pm 

I saw the video at my parents house, without the sound on, so I couldn't hear anything. I tought that maybe he was much of a horse to handle, and that he wasn't really tense but just being real stallionlike and that it was tension because he feels like he is "the man". I don't know enough to be able to see things that good. But I thought it was a very powerfull horse to look at!

Post subject: Girl with Haflinger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:46 am 

Here is a really nice video of a girl in France with her haflinger. She does a combination of NHE, PNH, and clicker training. It was posted on the clickryder list.

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=-OCHI_rXjss& feature=related

www.royalhorsecompany.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 am 

i cant see it?
i think there is something wrong with the link! :P :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:10 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCHI_rX ... re=related

this will work ;) I took the empty spaces out, enjoy!

It's so beautiful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 am 

He Barbara,

It is indeed beautiful. So much fun and energy there is..the free running and playing on the beach...so nice!I truly loved it. Thanks for posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 pm 

Waw
This is amazing...
Speechless. I really want this too with my horse..