The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Ali's drawing attempts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 am 

I am slowly convincing myself that I am take igcse art :ieks:
My drawing style is very careful . I generally take nearly a week to finish a picture :blush: I have been experimenting with charcoal 10 minute sketches to broaden my art style .
This sketch is one of my week long endeavours
I will try to upload some of my charcoal drawings later
:f:

Last edited by Ali on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My drawing attempts
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:01 pm 

Very nice picture :clap: I especially like the coat on the chest. It looks so wild.

I'm looking forward to see more of your drawings :cheer:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:34 am 

Thank you Nora :kiss: !!
here is another sketch , can you guess what all my drawings are themed on ? :funny:
I am still working on those charcoal drawings , but they just don't turn out how I expect them to :ieks:
:funny:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Wonderful, Ali! I especially like that your drawings are careful and edgy at the same time, especially the first one. For me this is hard, because when I am drawing carefully, my drawings tend to get too harmonious (and boring), whereas when I am drawing in a more bold way, the precision is gone. So now you have officially been added to my "drawing like someone else" list, if I will ever continue this. :f:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:08 pm 

Thank you Romy !! :giveflower: :giveflower:

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:16 am 

Here is another drawing of mine . I drew it yesterday , somehow after I had had such a lovely afternoon with Charlie I really felt like siting down and drawing ... he inspires me so much :sun:
I have been taking some lovely pictures of him while we are out on our wonders , and drawing them when I get home . But the thing I love the most is that he is free , with nothing on his head :)

phtotbucket seem have lost the pictures , so i have deleted out the boxes saying that it has :f:

I drew it from a picture that I had taken of Charlie when I was lying down and he was standing over me , hence the weird perspective .

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:34 am 

Heres one more :green:

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 pm 

Over the past few months I have been drawing less and less ,I think with the longer days and that I am now spending time with Cic in the beautiful evenings means that the time I used to spend ages drawing has been filled up ; but recently I have felt the need to put pencil to paper , so this is what happened :smile: The first one I did last night , I like how his eye and cheek seem so soft - yet the other lines are so sharp . It is prospectively wrong ... But somehow I like it how it is ....

phtotbucket seem have lost the pictures , so i have deleted out the boxes saying that it has :f:

:sun:

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:21 am 

So great, Ali :applause:

I especially love the second and the third picture. They got an interesting style.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:15 pm 

Thank you for your kind words Dani :kiss: , I probably will be posting lots of my drawings as I am now actively going to start building my ideas for my art IGCSE portfolio . As you can guess , it is going to be natural dressage / Cicero / horse related . It all has to be built on a theme or purpose . But it of course that has to be art related , it is all to easy for me to focus on the forced-collection vs natural collection in paints . But I have come up with a few ideas , my most favourite idea is to look at some major paintings though history and study them etc. as you are supposed to do
. But make one major difference of sketching the horse in natural collection and remove the head gear and just sketch In a cordeo . But make no mention of it in my word thing I am suppose to present with it , just see if they notice .
This was the one picture I had in mind when I thought about it

To add to my portfolio it I may draw a horrible curb bit - just on the table - then draw a cordeo ( or something natural dressage related ) .... Or draw a horse that is being ridden with a bit - just a close up of the head - Then draw a horse that isn't being ridden and is playing (me and Cic )

I am still formulating my ideas and we will talk to an art teacher later this year to see what he thinks .

I find myself now sitting in Cicero's field with a small sketch book and trying to draw in as he grazes and moves around - that is one why to learn how to draw fast as he doesn't say still for more than a few seconds ;)

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea, Ali! This reminded me of Miriam who turned the bits into cordeos in several old artworks some years ago. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. Oh, and I absolutely love the third one in your previous post! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:19 pm 

Thank you Romy :kiss:
That link is very interesting - very like what I am planning to do ( except I will redo the entire picture myself )
and yes I must keep you guys posted :yes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm 

I have been inspired and reminded by Nora lovely work to post my recent work :)
I love this drawing , it may look unfinished , but it is not - I like it like this :)

Last edited by Ali on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:30 am 

I am now drawing at Mr's , as it seems the best time to do it . So my drawings are mostly sketches' that I am doing very quickly , as Mr doesn't stay very still for long . I am also learning to do some of the sketches where I do not look at Mr , but just draw them from my mind :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:33 pm 

i have no idea why i drew this :alien: :alien: :alien: