The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
 Post subject: Re: Nepomuk in motion!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:51 am 

Riding
One of our rare riding videos. Not very much to see actually, still I'm very proud of Mucki riding calmly all alone in the arena.
Lately, we have entered a new stage of riding, where he feels much more safe with it and so he has finally his head free to actually learn.
It has taken much longer than I originally expected. He accepted me on his back for so long with no problems at all, but moving around with me was a totally different thing. Only now, that he is stronger, more balanced and knows what that whole riding stuff is about, he is ready to take my rewards and learn as he does from the ground.
That's so very interesting, as I can see now, how many horses must be totally flooded by that experience. Especially when backed at a young age, with bit in the mouth and all...

I was working on directional cues, which have gotten a lot better. Seeing the video though, I realise how much I have to work on my posture - looking at the floor and all that ;) But it's so nice to have another huge area of new exercises waiting for us :f:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4t43NCnh2c

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm 

That's a great video - what a brilliant arena to be able to use :D

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:52 pm 

Thank you! Yeah, that arena is great! Unfortunately we had to leave it behind, as we moved last month and now we have only an open arena, but I'm not sure if it isn't even better than the roofed one.
The new one has a lovely view and Mucki likes the open sides. He always felt a bit trapped before. It's much bigger as well...
But it is not usable after heavy rain and quite exposed to wind and sun, but well, I guess you can't have everything :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am 

Playing with Mucki in the pasture and the paddock
I hurt my toe badly, so I'm restricted to rather stationary stuff. Good time though to exercise Mucki's hindquarter strength again and to take up again some older tricks...
Mucki is so much fun in the pasture these days. Full of energy from the autumn winds and finally the flies have gone! :bounce:
And if you look closely, you can catch a glimpse of my son Egon :green:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z0bvsX8jIQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:41 pm 

Mucki looks lovely (and SO WHITE :D )
and the place looks great (OH THE GREEN, :green: and the long running paths) :alien:
i love it that you have so many diverse places to just hung out or play together
i love your little games and obviously adore his school halt...

i had to watch twice to see you wearing Egon... do the horses act differently when you are with him?
i wonder what is Egon's take of that...

i hope your toe is better, (i too had a bad heel and the guys had to be more patient and careful with me for a while... almost gone now).
hugs to all of you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 am 

anat wrote:
Mucki looks lovely (and SO WHITE :D )

Yes, he's 7.5 years old now and still his legs remain greyish. I think it will take another 2 years or so until he is really completely white :). Oh I will miss the change of colours every season :sad:.

anat wrote:
and the place looks great (OH THE GREEN, :green: and the long running paths) :alien:
i love it that you have so many diverse places to just hung out or play together

It is the first video of the new barn, isn't it? Yes, the place is very nice. Although not nearly as nice as big as other places we have been. But they have a beautiful view over the valley and rotating pastures to graze. The long path you have seen in the video connects the paddock and barn with the lower pastures. Some of the horses are being fed extra rations and therefore the horses are called to the barn in the morning and the evening. Our horses get only a tiny bit of minerals, but those two times the all race each other up the hill. It is a nice routine and they all get quite a workout in the process ;).
Also the water and hay is up on the hill, so they actually do migrate a lot. Now that the weather has cooled down, they spend muich more time on the grass, but still I can see a slight weight loss on Mucki due to the extra movement he gets. It's not like those paddock paradise concepts, but it gets close...

anat wrote:
i had to watch twice to see you wearing Egon... do the horses act differently when you are with him?
i wonder what is Egon's take of that...
Well, as you said, Egon blends in nicely when I carry him like that :). So Mucki doesn't really take notice of him, I think. And since we have always watched our distance when playing like that, it doesn't feel any different at all. Of course, I'm more wary and take extra care that Mucki only rears in a safe distance, but, as you can see in the video, he's doing that nicely.
I'm not sure to what extent Egon realises the horses at all at this time. He sees them of course, but he has yet to discern them as anything special. And, when carried directly on the body, he's usually asleep. But I wonder what kind of deep, early memory may remain from all this? He certainly does register the smells and sounds and movements after all...

anat wrote:
i hope your toe is better, (i too had a bad heel and the guys had to be more patient and careful with me for a while... almost gone now).
hugs to all of you
Thank you, Anat! My toe is getting better. It is still deep blue and swollen, so right now, I have only two kind of shoes I can wear without pain. But one of them is my stable shoes, so everything's fine ;).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:10 pm 

Pasture time with Mucki
Nothing special - I just caught some impressions of our horse home and me playing with Mucki.
Again Mucki was in the mood for hindquarter stuff. I took the opportunity to experiment towards balancer jumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp7u7oeLbs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:40 pm 

I am so jealous of your pasture !!! :green:
Everything looks so open , perhaps , one day , I will have to come and see you all :D ( that is of course if I am invited ;) )
I love the look he gave you at the end of the video, after he had pushed the palomino off the water drinker , it looked like '' what are you staring at ??? '' :funny:

I always love watching your videos , Mucki looks so resplendent and powerful :D , hopefully we will get to see more Mucki & Volker videos soon :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:52 pm 

this is lovely to watch.
its seems so effortless for Mucki when he pics himself up on his hind legs :bowdown:

and i love the belly rubs - these days it is a popular scratching spot for all my horses too.
i love the scratching faces each horse has - (i got to get a photo/video with Pipo - he make the most funny duck face when i find to the right point...)

and his last look to me looked like "are you coming?"

yes - keep those coming.... :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:48 am 

Thank you both! Of course there will be more videos of Mucki and me :yes:. We had a longer break, when we moved to this new horse home, but now that we have all settled in, Mucki is in his old playing mood again. And also his strength has returned, so that we can do all that fun hindquarter stuff again :applause:.

Faldor wrote:
I am so jealous of your pasture !!!
Everything looks so open , perhaps , one day , I will have to come and see you all ( that is of course if I am invited )
Oh of course you are invited! We only had two AND members here so far, but we're always open for more ;).

Faldor wrote:
I love the look he gave you at the end of the video, after he had pushed the palomino off the water drinker , it looked like '' what are you staring at ???
:funny: Yeah, don't know what he thought at that moment, because the way he was demanding to drink is not really his usual style. Although for some reason he likes to handle that palomino mare a little bit rough :sad:.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:30 pm 

Here's the next video already, only this time it's Lily, riding out for the first time :ieks:.

Lily riding out
Strange that it took us so long to take Lily on a proper ride out, but here it is. She was accompanied by two Haflinger friends from our herd and so she was exceptionally nice and happy to be out and about :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZPPIvZIHNQ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 am 

I happened to have my mobile phone ready when Mucki and the gang got really crazy last weekend :alien:. In the middle of it all, there was a siren going off in the valley, adding some extra drama to the scene:green:.

Wild horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWsTSSNx59k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:25 pm 

Just the latest videos I made of our horses - in case you forgot how they looked like :green:

Mucki at liberty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wph9NpaiM8

Lily on a walk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iekqy_3z1c8

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15