The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
 Post subject: Re: Nepomuk in motion!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:25 am 

Wow wow wow, I go crazy!!!!
He looks soooooo much like Zermi in this video (though Zermi has still a nearly black mane). :love:
They really could be brothers...
Very nice :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Wonderful to see how Mucki is getting stronger and stronger. It's so nice how he can hold the rear now, fantastic! :clap:

Also, I found it quite amazing how he stayed so calm and positive when you did not reward for all the things he offered but insisted on the head lowering. So nice, Mucki seems like such a great experimenter. :smile: I guess Pia would have bitten me, Titum would have left me, Bacardy would have pawed me into the ground and Summy would have bursted with excitement. :funny:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:32 pm 

Thank you Dani and Romy!

Yogini wrote:
He looks soooooo much like Zermi in this video
I told you, they are alike! :yes: By the way, will Zermi turn completely white, or will his mane stay like that?

Romy wrote:
Also, I found it quite amazing how he stayed so calm and positive when you did not reward for all the things he offered but insisted on the head lowering.
Must look like torture to you and your horses :blush:. But in my defence I have to say that what you can see in the video was the end of an already very long session of rearing, so I was getting picky. I tried to reinforce the duration in the air and also tried to keep a certain calmness in the attempts.

But on the other hand I guess I can get quite demanding in my training :roll:. I think Mucki is OK with it though, if I read him right. He usually voices his opinion, like so: at some point in the end, he just took me by the sleeve of my right arm and began to pull in the direction of the open paddock :green:. It was such a clear (almost human) gesture that I had to laugh and follow. I think he wanted to simulate the kind of arm gesture which I make when I invite him to come along with me :thumleft:.
At first I thought he wanted to play more wildly in the open space, but then it was just the hayfeeder where he led me :funny:. I stayed with him there for a while, plucking hay out of the haynet for him, feeling so privileged to be there like his herd buddy :love:.

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

Volker wrote:
Must look like torture to you and your horses :blush:.

Well, not to me (but of course I cannot speak for Pia & Co). Just the contrary, he looked so calm about it. And I know the feeling of being fed up with an exercise, I have that with the Jambette as well, or with Titum's flehmen. Only my horses aren't as accepting as Mucki but often keep on firing the exercise at me unless I really, really don't reward it anymore.

So cute how he pulled you to the paddock. What a very special horse! :love:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 pm 

Quote:
I told you, they are alike! :yes:

Yes, you did... :D

Quote:
By the way, will Zermi turn completely white, or will his mane stay like that?

When I bought Zermi, they told me, that they guess his mane is going to stay black, while the rest gets white. I guess, they did, because they wanted to convince me to buy him. They didn t know, how much I was in love already, no matter what colour... :love:
But no, I guess, he is going to be completely white one day. It is very exciting to have a colourchanging horse, I think.

Quote:
I think he wanted to simulate the kind of arm gesture which I make when I invite him to come along with me :thumleft:.

Very funny. :D
:f:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:39 pm 

Romy wrote:
Just the contrary, he looked so calm about it.
Actually for Mucki this was as agitated as it gets when I don't reward him for his offers. He is quite resistant to this kind of frustration it seems. If I try to pull this off with Lily and I will have to run for shelter :funny:.

Yogini wrote:
It is very exciting to have a colourchanging horse, I think.
Oh yes that's true! It's utterly amazing. I have a picture in my picture thread somewhere of Mucki as a two week foal. He was coal black then with a clear white star on his forehead - so cute! :l:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:56 pm 

Amazing... I am going to search for the picture...
Zermi was brown as a foal... I saw two pictures of him being 1,5yo. He looked like a deer then. But pitily I don t have them.
By the way, how do you create the heart???
<3 doesn t work

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

The picture is here, in case you haven't found it yourself.

Yogini wrote:
By the way, how do you create the heart???
The code is ":l:". But there's also a link "View more smilies" just beneath all of the smilies on the right side of the screen where you enter a new posting. This link opens a popup with two pages of all the smilies you can use on this forum 8).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 am 

Thanks for the link, but I found the picture already. So cute. :l:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:43 pm 

Nice video! You are doing this so great! I would like do this too if I could :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 pm 

:cheers: :applause: :cheers:
You two are just amazing.
i love the dialog, how he carry himself - he is magnificent, and his expressive ears, the story of him taking you by the sleeves is great. :love:

...and i had to go too, to look again at young black Mucki, and at dark grey Mucki (i love to looking at old pictures and see the change, mentally, physically keeping the core spark. i think i'm going to spend the rest of this evening looking for some old Geroni and Tequil pics, and just be happy with my luck to share their life)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 am 

Nelly wrote:
Nice video! You are doing this so great! I would like do this too if I could :yes:
Thank you Nelly! It would be cool to see big Pan on his hindfeet - although it might also be quite scary :ieks: :funny:.

And thank you Anat! Yes, I love to browse through the old pictures as well. It puts all the current things into perspective again, tells me what has changed, what we have achieved, how fun our journey has been. That's always nice... :sun: What's the oldest pictures you have of your horses? Are they here on the forum to see?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:05 pm 

Quote:
What's the oldest pictures you have of your horses? Are they here on the forum to see?

...well, now they are :D
http://www.artofnaturaldressage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3513&start=30
browsing through old pictures is great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 pm 

Here's some fun video of things we did during our holidays :sun:

An Odyssey
With the new year merely two days old, Mucki already had to face an odyssey of unbelievable horrors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QPDyYPTdI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:15 pm 

Great video! I love how you manage to persuade him to go over the mountain, and then his energy just gets more and more heightened. :applause: I especially love his almost ferocious collected canter. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Your bounding energy really rubbed off on him! Great bath at the end too ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next