The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 pm 

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry! I can recommend one of our videos as well - if you haven't seen it yet. It has green fields in it - and a pony! The perfect combination to heal the flu I think :f:

Totally !!!
(while holding a warm tea in one hand)
- i just love your anna, :love:
she and Nicki with all this green are indeed another healing power, :muscle: :kiss:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Anat, I hope you and your family are feeling better already. And Volker, the Nicki video is absolutely lovely, what a change in her expression compared to your first sessions! Looks like she has become a real experimenter.

Today we have a riding video of Azhar and Titum. They were doing really great, all two of them, and I just love to go out with the children who are ever so accepting and non-expecting. For example, in the beginning Titum did not want to trot, but for Azhar this seemed to be totally normal and he seemed to completely understand that the trot (and canter) would come as soon as we are in a more stimulating environment (uphill, soft ground or open meadows). At no time did it seem like he was assuming any fault in Titum but just knew that we have to improve the situation, and then the horse's behaviour will just happen. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:53 pm 

Romy wrote:
And Volker, the Nicki video is absolutely lovely, what a change in her expression compared to your first sessions! Looks like she has become a real experimenter.
Absolutely! She has opened herself so much and despite what I hear about horses above an age of twenty, she is as fast a learner as any other horse!
We took her to the arena yesterday with our horses as we had a clicker meeting and in no time at all she learned so many new things from our friends who took turns in clickering her. It was just great! Never underestimate a pony, I say! :bowdown:

Your video of Azhar and Titum is so nice to watch. The forest in autumn is so beautiful and peaceful and the two boys together make such a lovely match! The canter on the wide meadow in the end is especially breathtaking :applause:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:19 pm 

Its a beautyfull Day and Titum is sooooo nice! Titum and I went riding. I would also like to with Summy.

And here is a video that I have edited.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:22 pm 

Wow, wonderful, Nelly! Looks as had you lots of fun today. :applause:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 pm 

Beautiful Video Nelly! Looks like lots of fun!

I see that bridge i the forest more often on the videos, it's so stunning! Would love to take a walk with you all :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:20 pm 

Wow, Nelly I can't see anything of your riding lessons. It makes me so happy to see you, Titum and your body language and your jump over the tree trunk, you are a brave girl. :bounce:

At our next meeting I want to show you the horses that I met on holiday (they're really sweet)! Big hug, bye... :hug:
(You can cut the videos very well ;))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Nora wrote:
Wow, Nelly I can't see anything of your riding lessons.

What a funny compliment, Nora. :funny: But I was thinking the same while being in the forest with Nelly. By the way, we also did some non-riding things like this:

Arike wrote:
I see that bridge i the forest more often on the videos, it's so stunning! Would love to take a walk with you all :D

Please come and join us anytime you like! And the bridges are nice, aren't they? It's called "Hohe Brücken" (high bridges), and there are about seven bridges of different heights. I had told the children about this path so often, so now they wanted to see it as well. And as they all came on different days, we had to go the same route three times. Well, for me that's fine, because I think it's one of the most beautiful places here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 pm 

Aww :funny: The tree trunk. I don't know wheter you told already about, but as we were there with Summy, he suddenly galloped away as I jumped with him over the trunk. Luckily he stopped and watched the cow(s) very intent and curious. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Today we moved home to the winter pasture - our last walk in the TitSumPi constellation, because on Wednesday Bacardy will join our herd and turn it into TitSumPiBa. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:16 am 

Thanks for sharing, Romy. So lovely to watch you all. Especially the little wild tigress... :funny: :love:

Nelly, my Dear, that's so brave of you that you wanted to ride on horses back soon, altough you fell off Pan one day before! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:19 am 

thanks for the video, this is great,
and it is sooooooo exciting that this week (a day from tomorrow) Bacardy is coming :cheers:
i just cant wait for A VERY DETAILED post
WITH pictures (and videos)
of every minute in his first day with you
(and first week, month year... :D )

how will be the ride home (probably his first ride), can you stay in the trailer with him?
will you fence out a part of the pasture so he can escape to a privet space if needed?

i'm sure it is going to be amazing, another fluffy little creature to love, play and learn from
and he is a very lucky little guy to be coming to live with you.

hug to all of you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:13 pm 

How exciting!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: TitSumPiBa!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Wow - really looking forward to your report of Bacardi moving in with your herd. Wish you all the best for the transport and the integration :sun: :sun: :sun:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Lena, Anat and Volker! :kiss: I guess once Bacardy will be here, I will feel that he is necessary like air. At the moment it feels a bit strange though, when after our last TitSumPi walk I realized that we will never be in that constellation again - the littlie and her two big boys. But before Pia arrived, I also could not imagine how it would be to add another horse to Titum and Summy, and now we are all so happy to have her. :smile:

anat wrote:
how will be the ride home (probably his first ride), can you stay in the trailer with him?

The owners say that he knows the trailer and has no problem with it whatsoever, as long as he is not tied. I don't think I will stay in the trailer, because Nelly said that her father (who will drive us) does not want a human to ride in the trailer, and I can understand and accept that, especially if Bacardy isn't that scared anyway. By the way, the question of who will join us when picking up Bacardy was an interesting one, because at first Nelly's father had said that he would only take four people, including himself. This meant that there would be no place for Azhar. I was so sorry for him, because I knew that he was just as excited about this trip as Nora and Nelly were, and so I was thinking aloud, something along the lines of "Perhaps I could stay at home, but then this will be difficult because the owners probably won't give my pony to strangers..." When Nelly heard that, she said "No, you won't stay at home - I could stay at home" and then Azhar and Nora shouted "No Nelly, you can't...", and there they were, all offering that they could stay at home so that the others could go. Made me so happy that I could have cried. :love: But now Nelly's father said that Azhar can ride in the car as well, so everyone is happy. :)

anat wrote:
will you fence out a part of the pasture so he can escape to a privet space if needed?

The plan is that I will put him in a separate area with Pia for the first three days, and in the meantime teach him to go through pony fences that I will build everywhere (which are high enough for a pony to escape but too low for a big boy to follow). This is because my biggest worry is Titum. He is so aggressive when another horse is weaker than him and it would not surprise me at all if he attacked Bacardy the way he had attacked Pia when she was new. So before I will put them together, I want to be absolutely sure that Bacardy knows how to get away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 pm 

The video is wonderful! I love it! I am glad to meet BACARDY :colors:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next