The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 am 

I seem to remember seeing embedded videos in AND forums before. I may have even placed a few here in the dim past. LOL

Now I cannot find information on how to embed a video so that it loads and plays in a frame in an AND post.

Can you point me to that information please?

Thank you.

Donald

Miriam wrote:
How to use this forum:

1. Make a video (yes, do that! we love training videos! :D)

2. Upload it to the internet (for example through Google video, YouTube, Photobucket)

3. Open a topic over here with the link to the webaddress of your video, or place the video over here with tags

And enjoy! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:58 am 

I can't do it....at least not with my youtube videos. Can't figure out how! I also can't find any although I just randomly scanned through some older posts. It's possible the forum isn't set up to allow it Donald.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Donald, the videos you are probably referring to weren't actually embedded videos, it's just that photobucket has an option for the video link to appear as a picture which looks like an embedded video. However, when you click on it, the site still switches (away from the forum and into photobucket), it's still just a link although it looks embedded.

Real embedded videos haven't been posted in this forum, yet. I have no idea if it's possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:49 am 

Oh interesting topic - I just spent some time researching how to post a video directly...
In the BBCode FAQ section of this forum it says that an Admin can create custom BBCode tags. So it should be possible to create something like this:
Code:
[youtube]E5rESt-HEPI[/youtube]

Which would then insert the proper HTML-Code for displaying the YouTube-Player for this YouTube-ID directly into the message. So if there is demand for this, I would be glad to help out if needed. I for one would appreciate not having to switch to YouTube everytime someone posts a video. But it´s not such a big deal either... ;)

Volker.

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm 

Volker, I think all we can do to make this forum and AND more easily and conveniently accessible is very worth while.

I'd coordinate carefully with the moderators or moderator that does the technical portion of AND. There are two issues to consider, I think. One has to do with bandwidth, speed in fact, and the other, storage. If embedding effects either we might want to consider that the simple expedient of letting storage sites, such as YouTube take the load of our videos and simply link.

Donald, Altea, and Bonnie Cupcake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:34 pm 

Of course the videos stay at YouTube. The embedding I had in mind is exactly the same as used with all the images here on this forum. The link to the image is embedded, but the data remains elsewhere. YouTube videos would as well be streamed directly from there - no additional bandwith or storage...

Volker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:01 pm 

Hi, I have a question about uploading to youtube.
my camera is set on very high quality videos, which I love, but results in a file that is way too big and takes forever to upload. When I select one of the compressing options (is that the right word? ) the video looks horrible. (but uploads in a reasonable time frame)

My editing program (pinnacle studio 14) which I love, isn't giving me much help with this.

What do you guys do???
thanks a bunch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:05 am 

Hmm, Zuzana, that's a rather complicated topic I'm afraid, as the quality of the video results from a range of factors. The most important ones are compression type (codec) and frame size.
From your last video on YouTube it seems that you uploaded a maximum pixel height of 240 (it shows as 240p in YouTube). If you can get that higher (HD videos start at 720p for example), then the quailty should be much better.

If you want good quality though, I'm afraid that file size is getting huge rather quick. I am usually uploading 720p videos, which take up about 100MB for approx. 3 minutes of video...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:36 pm 

thank you Volker!
ok, I tried :)
the file type I chose was: "windows media, high quality ntsc, 720 x 420, this short clip was 3.6 GB for 7 seconds...
you tube's comment upon uploading: "You uploaded a wide-screen (16:9) video. If your original was 720p or greater (i.e. 1280x720 or greater) we encourage you to submit your video at original resolution to enable better quality playback."

http://youtu.be/g5i7rnFpcLc

All your help is soooo appreciated - THANK YOU :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:13 am 

Hmmm... 3.6 GB for 7 seconds is definitely too large ;)

In Pinnacle Studio 14, you should see the following options when selecting "Make Movie":
File Type & Preset

Here you can try one of these two pairs:
Windows Media & HDV 720/30p 1280x720
or:
MPEG-4 & HD 720p

Especially the second one should give you a good enough compression for reasonable file size.
Hope this helps :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:09 pm 

thank you thank you thank you!!!

Post subject: changing video quality
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:37 pm 

OK, one more question if you can bear it :)

On the viewing window on youtube, on the bottom right is a button to change video quality. This seems to be for the user? Or is there a way to make my video always show in hd???

Thanks so much!
:kiss:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:27 pm 

Zuzana wrote:
On the viewing window on youtube, on the bottom right is a button to change video quality. This seems to be for the user? Or is there a way to make my video always show in hd???
I actually thought there was an option for that, but I couldn't find it anymore. But there is a setting for each user where she can say if videos should be generally played at higher or lower quality. I guess it makes sense, if the decision is made on the viewer side.

Zuzana wrote:
Thanks so much!
:kiss:
You're welcome!