The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pictures of Nepomuk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:27 pm 

This is wonderful,
both Lily and Mucki are looking lovely :f:
It looks (and sounds, from reading your story in the diary and Romy's) like you had a great time.
i'm am so happy for all of you volker, anna & romy
i wish i was closer as this sounds like a great learning and so fun too. maybe i should muse on convincing Erez to hold the fortress with all it's inhabitant so i can come and meet you all at romy's place in the summer. :pray:

:kiss: kisses to you all horses & humans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 pm 

This is for Romy - and all of you who doesn't know yet that they're Lily-lovers :love: :funny:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm 

whaooo, great pics, thanks
Lilly looks so feminine and so wise, (with bits of Tequila and bits of Geronimo installed in her) loving and playful, with the sweetest nose made for kissing.
yes
i am in love :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 pm 

More pictures of Lily - although not so funny ones. They show what life is like currently for Lily: Living in a small box, with no movement outside at all for three weeks in total. It must be terrible for her, but I have to say she takes it so bravely! :f:
We do our best to give her at least a little daily distraction in the form of clicker games, scratching and hugging or just being with her. We have developed a little routine for our visits and so far it has proven to be a good one: first a little present (apple and carrots), then a session of clicker games (form & colour discrimination, finding stuff under cones, stacking rings onto cones, fetching things, all kinds of body targets), and as that can get her very excited (depending on how hungry she is), we end every visit with a nice, long scratch or resting phase together.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 am 

you hospital routine sounds lovely, you are all lucky to have each other.
lily's face is so expressive, both lily and Anna look somewhat worried and at the same time it looks like they find comfort together.
for us (with every horse on his turn) when ever we had to face time of physical challenges and slow healing it was also time of great new closeness.
hang in there.
i hope time will fly.
sending more hugs and kisses to all of you. :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:55 am 

Thank you so much Anat! :kiss:

For us this is the first experience with the vet clinic, or any more serious illness of our horses. So naturally we are worried about it all. At the same time I see how it deepens the relationship with Lily and the worried faces of Lily and us have mostly disappeared.
Lily has sort of accepted her life for now and is not afraid of her surroundings anymore. That is very relieving, as now we can even enjoy our visits at the hospital - in a way... :f:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 pm 

Oooh what a wonderful friendly face Lily has! I'm wishing her all the best :f: :f: :f:
Like Anat says, these times always tend to bring a newer form of closeness into the relationship.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:47 am 

Lily is such a cutie :love: and I'm glad to hear that she is coping ok with being locked up. Our lot are fairly terrible at being confined which is a such a pain when they need to be for whatever reason. I was thinking the other day that if we had the facilities it would be good for them to be in every now and then (sort of like crate training for dogs) so when they need to be in for medical reasons its not such a big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 pm 

Thank you Sunny & Marina! Four days left until Lily will return to our barn again! She will remain in a paddock box for quite some time, but at least she will see her friends again...

In the meanwhile Mucki is as sweet as can be. Lately we started a lovely routine: after a session in the arena, I sit in the sand and Mucki will come to me and lie down close to me :love:! How sweet is that!?

Then, he will sit up and look at me expectantly - asking for a treat. And how could I refuse him that when he looks so cute?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 am 
Site Admin

Ooooh, how lovely! Mucki is just the cutest thing ever. And wow, coming to you and lying down next to where you are sitting sounds like a story from a horse book for little girls, an ultimate dream. :smile: I think that if everyone knew a Mucki, the horse world would look very different... he is one of those horses who can make people see horses with different eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 am 

i love it

I was thinking that there are so many faces to your Mucki. he sound and look so majestic at times , wild and powerful, or mischief and playful, or just a big slim teddy bear in need of admiration and a hug.

thanks for sharing a bit more of your special guy :f:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:56 pm 

Romy wrote:
And wow, coming to you and lying down next to where you are sitting sounds like a story from a horse book for little girls, an ultimate dream.
Indeed - it's like right out of a fairytale sometimes. I also tried for the first time to see if he would follow me freely without any tack from the arena back to the barn. He did so the last three days :). He did not even go for the juicy grass on the side of the road, or follow fellow horses when they passed us by. He just walked with me to the barn like it was the most normal thing to do.
This is all quite a new bond between us...

Romy wrote:
I think that if everyone knew a Mucki, the horse world would look very different... he is one of those horses who can make people see horses with different eyes.
Sometimes I think that Mucki is one of those horses, who are so readily labelled a 'difficult horse'. He is not easy to read, with quirks and fears, and he's testing my patience often. But it seems that I believed in him for long enough that now I get repaid in full :sun:. We'll see if it lasts ;).

anat wrote:
I was thinking that there are so many faces to your Mucki. he sound and look so majestic at times , wild and powerful, or mischief and playful, or just a big slim teddy bear in need of admiration and a hug.
Yeah, that's exactly him. One moment the epitome of a proud and strong horse, the other moment a little, shy child. But that's just what makes him so loveable :love:.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:42 am 

We had our annual opening of the big pasture, which is - understandably - quite an event for the horses. One of our new boarders was taking pictures:

Image Image

And here's the link to the whole image set:
https://plus.google.com/photos/112755042390199806952/albums/5908782398892118929

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:30 pm 

Aw how exciting for them! Fab pictures too... I love the one of them all running, and the lovely one with Mucki and the spotty horse :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:05 pm 

wauw nice pics...
i saw that i missed a lot of pics lately... :blush:
i hope i have more time now to visit the forum a bit more

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next