The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 pm 

My name is Claudia J Swisher and I am the founder of the Balanced Awareness Riding Program which is a trade marked teaching method. Over the years I have road and taught everything from Western stock seat/pleasure to Jumper and Dressage, I have found the basis for all good riding is found in the classical form of Dressage. It has enhanced every discipline and given me constant oversight. I have a blog I work on when I need to get things off my chest. You are welcome to visit it at http://ofhorsesandhumans.blogspot.com/ It is a work in progress and I am always glad to hear feed back. One of my mentors had ridden and studied with the great Nuno in Portugal and then again when he toured.
Many times I have wished I could have met him and studied with him, but I can only do so now through his students and writings.
Liberty work with the horse is the best way to really communicate and become a better horseman. My love of horses started before I could own one, so my other passion of art was formed. Hours and hours were passed by sketching and painting these lovely creators.
I hope that I can learn new things from being her with you and that I may be able to share my experiences.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome, Claudia! :)

I am looking forward to reading about your experiences. And so great to have a person here who is experienced in riding and teaching it! Right at the moment we have some new members here who are interested in riding, and I am really lacking experience in this area so that in case there will be questions, I won't be of much help. Or actually I could help when it comes to communication issues, but I have no idea about a good seat and these things.

Best wishes,
Romy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm 

Welcome Claudia! :f:

I'm also interested in Classical Dressage (or Academic Riding), so I am definitely looking forward to your contributions to this forum :)

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm 

Welcome Claudia! So glad you have joined us!

Which Nuno student is the mentor you mentioned?