The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Geronimo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:17 pm 

Congratulations for the new herd member! :applause:
He looks just too cute!
It seems you like white horses? :D And the white horses like your sand! :funny:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:09 pm 

a cuty :love: i love little ponys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm 

thank you Inge and Volker,

its funny, Volker, that you mentioned his color (looking some what like T and H and our sandy paddock) because the first time i saw Geronimo (in mid January) his fur was dark red with his white mane, and i was thinking to myself that he looks like a male version of Romy's Pia (or at least this is what i wanted to see in him...) and i was thinking to myself that he will spice up, sort of speak, our herd of light colors. (little did i know...)
next time i saw him - end of February he was already shedding his dark color. apparently he is a silver-bay-roan :huh: i didn't know what that meant a month ago but i can tell you now... that this means he is changing his color in spring into a very light version of himself than back to dark red in winter.... so on the day he came home it really looked like he was changing himself to "blend" well at his new home...

it still seems that he can spice up our little herd, if not with his coat color, then with the brave, lively little spirit of his.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 am 

He's GORGEOUS!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:13 am 

Oh shame on me! I thought he was white and just dirty from the sand. :blush: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm 

Hee anat
What a wonderfull littel pixie horse !
I have to meet him in real life hope to meet you soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 am 

What an awesome addition. Little body, big spirit!

I love the 3rd picture down, with his hair flying! So much fun!!! He's moving so fast the two others are still looking at where he was and wondering how he just disappeared! :funny:

http://www.tenderlovinghorsecare.com

Post subject: Geronimo sitting
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm 

Geronimo let me get far enough to take some pictures with the cell phone, :yes:

Post subject: Re: Geronimo sitting
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 am 

Nice job! And...

That is one cute, dirty pony!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Oh, that is so cuuuuute! :) Nora will also be over the moon when I show her, she is so in love with her son-in-law Geronimo.

I am curious whether he will like sitting as much as Pia does - once she had found out that this was a good way of earning a treat, she picked it as her favourite exercise and now does it whenever she wants my attention, or has no other idea, or simply wants to do something easy. :f:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 am 

That's so great! And so sweet :applause:

Sitting is a lovely exercise, but I always wondered if it's bad for the hip joints having all the weight there? Mucki also stands up rather awkwardly from the (straight) sitting position.

Apart from such considerations, I love it when Mucki sits for me. Like Pia, he loves to beg for treats by sitting. The other day he did that with another person :ieks:. He lay down, the pushed himself up into a straight sitting position, all right in front of another boarder at our barn. He never did that before :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm 

Volker, I'm not sure i understand what you mean by
Quote:
the (straight) sitting position

i can only imagine you mean sit straight and not particularly more leaning to one side, (is it?)
i've got to say that Geronimo prefer to lay down on his right side (i sit next to him, to his left side), and since he kind of invented this sitting thing he gets up from laying down to a sitting position while still somewhat putting more weight on his right hip, i will ask him sometimes to turn toward me while sitting with his front legs and then position himself and spread his wight a bit more equally on both hips.

this is a good question - if it is bad for hip joints,
it feel to me he will stand up just fine when he feels its time, but i cant tell.
this did grow out of his natural rising up routine, at first he would just stretch his front legs without really getting up, then he picked himself up but would just pause a little before completely leaving the ground and then it got to what it is today. i still feel it is progressing since at times it seems as if he is making an effort not to slide downwards with his front hooves, as if there is a lot of weight on the hooves and that is why he is slipping and as balanced on his hind end /core belly.

he is indeed sweet.
yesterday was the first time erez (husband) expressed interest in playing with Geronimo (Geronimo has no one but me as his human play mate and Uri is just to young to play with him on his own) obviously i encouraged it and suggested asking Geronimo to lay down with him to give them some intimacy and trusting start,
well Geronimo lay with him for a long time and then sat with him some more... woo hooo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 pm 

We got a visit from Ylvie Fros and she came with a girl that took photos of us messing around.

Tequila was all over the place spooking stiffening hardly balanced but at the same time relay wanted to make me happy and play, Geronimo was sweet as ever. we are hardly playing in the arena these days and i wasnt sure how he will cooperate but apparently he was happy to play along, and even Hercules got to play & show Ylvie the new pedestal toy we got (i had to lock T in the stall otherwise she doesn't let him climb HER new toy)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, such incredibly beautiful pictures! :love:

What I love most is how you and your horses, especially Tequila, look so focused and calm at the same time. Just lovely! And Geronimo... :love: I guess I should make a poster of that picture with you two and the dog and hang it into our shelter so that Pia can see it too and be reminded of her Israeli boyfriend each day.

I have merged all your picture threads into one so that we have them all in one place. And I have added a link to them to our picture sticky as well so that our visitors will find them more easily.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 am 

Absolutely fabulous pictures indeed! :applause:

I love the red tinted hair of your horses - gives them something very special :) And of course I love Geronimo sitting :love: So sweet!
And I'm very envious of that pedestal of yours :evil: :funny: Mucki would love it...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next