The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:02 pm 

Oh, ENVY!!!!!!!

Have a glorious time!

One of these days when we're settled back East (and my savings accounts get replenished!) I would adore to come across the big pond and do one of these with you guys...

Sigh...

One of these days!!!

xoxo
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent! wow, can't wait myself now! ha ha !

I've put it on my website also:
http://www.josepha.info/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:13 am 

sounds good!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm 

Did this clinic get cancelled or postponed or something?

This weekend is Whole Horse Weekend at Rowanoak, Brecon. 26th + 27th June.

School summer holidays are nearly here.

If anyone fancies a change of scenery you are welcome to camp over, or use the old, basic little caravan in the field. The river is small and good for paddling, you do need old trainers on as the stones can be sharp. A wet suit keeps you warmer, but a good inner tube sailing and splashing is probably more fun to sail in than a luxury liner.
Luxury we do not do.

I can bring a 5 gallon water container for drinking and washing as there is no water or electric on tap and no toilet facilities, we could use the porta-potti.
The bottom pasture is flat and good for a game of doggie football, or rounders, baseball etc.

Space for a horse or two with electric tape or perhaps gate them into the field shelter.

So if anyone can manage the driving costs and bring their picnic, the rest is free of charge, unless you prefer to book into the local B&B or Hotel where they do have proper facilities.
Interact as much or as little as you like with the horses in their field, and expect sandwiches to be stolen by a pony or sheep.
I work alternate weekends, but you can make your own fun, meet up or come individually.
Just to say, if you want to come, then you are welcome.
We are close to Bromyard, Malvern, Hereford, Worcester and easy distance to make day trips into Wales, if you need a base camp.
PM me or mobile is 07904 735559 for text messages.

Love Susie xx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

yes it did, alas.

Eileen and I are planning a new date :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:56 pm 

In a way I'm pleased it never happened, for my own selfish reasons...I want to come, there was no way I could of made June....but a later date...well, theres still hope, any dates yet??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

yes the weekend of oktober 9 but I am waiting on reply from Eileen if we are still on :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I keep getting requests for clinics in the Uk, so I decided to not get lazy and make it happen this time.
To get people together who are interested we set up a facebook group:

"Are you from the UK and interested in attending or hosting a clinic in the Natural Riding Art given by Josepha? Please join our special facebook group for this purpose:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/390948500957933/
and drop us an email with your city, region and if you would like to hoste or attend, thanks!"

This time however instead of asking people and horses to come to one place, I intend to tour around and visit more stables and people with their horses. Better for the horses and nice for me :)

When enough interest, we start planning dates and locations.

Looking forward!

Josepha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:23 pm 

Josepha wrote:
Well, I keep getting requests for clinics in the Uk, so I decided to not get lazy and make it happen this time.
To get people together who are interested we set up a facebook group:

"Are you from the UK and interested in attending or hosting a clinic in the Natural Riding Art given by Josepha? Please join our special facebook group for this purpose:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/390948500957933/
and drop us an email with your city, region and if you would like to hoste or attend, thanks!"

This time however instead of asking people and horses to come to one place, I intend to tour around and visit more stables and people with their horses. Better for the horses and nice for me :)

When enough interest, we start planning dates and locations.

Looking forward!

Josepha

Please keep me informed as we would love to meet you :yes: :yes: :yes:

Cherokee Saying

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Eileen :)

Would you still be interested in hosting? What was your website again?

Thanks! :)

Josepha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 pm 

Josepha wrote:
Thanks Eileen :)

Would you still be interested in hosting? What was your website again?

Thanks! :)

Josepha

Hi Josepha,

we are waiting for the wet weather to clear :pray: ( it has been raining for over a month ) and then it will be all hands to get the hay in. :yes: Once the hay has been saved I will get back to you with possible dates :smile:

Cherokee Saying

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 am 

If there is ever any chance of anybody doing anything in the UK i'd absolutely love to know... In fact, i'd just like to meet some likeminded people in the UK and perhaps form a sort of support group of people here... At the moment I feel a bit like i'm stranded on a desert island with my horse, with everybody on the mainland refusing to see further than forcing horses through all sorts of pressure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:47 pm 

Hmm, from the regulars nowadays, there are not many from the UK - at least that I know of.
But I'm sure there are some nice clinics you can go to? Do you know Hannah Dawson? She's seems nice to me - not really you're immediate area though. North Yorkshire, I think...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Houyhnhnm wrote:
Hmm, from the regulars nowadays, there are not many from the UK - at least that I know of.

Indeed. We had so many UK members a few years ago, but somehow all of them except Susie (PiePony) have disappeared... :blonde:

Sunny, perhaps there are more people interested in that way of interacting than you might think. I also thought I was on a desert island here, luckily with the children who are interacting with our horses in the way I like it. And then suddenly I found Lena, or she found me, or we found each other, and now I am lucky to have a mini AND meeting every week. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:26 pm 

Thank you... Volker, I'll look up Hannah Dawson. My sister lives up North, so that'd be a great excuse to give her a visit :D .

And Romy, I've PMed PiePony, as It really would just be nice to feel like i'm not alone here. But you're probably right. I really do hope that there are more people out there who feel the same as me. My partner in crime Bill is behind me all the way, so I guess he's a good start. His best friend was my old cob Bobby, who was put to sleep last year because his arthritis got so bad and painful for him. So through Skylark, Billy has now got his first experience of what young ponies are like. :f:
It does seem like horsemanship is in the midst of a pretty strong revolution, so I think our numbers can only grow anyway :D .

Failing that I'll have to get on a plane and come to you lot!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next