The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: A wonderful movie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

I am not that much of a Shakespeare friend, I love his words but not all the dramatic in many of his plays. But this is one of my favorite movies. A wonderfully light-hearted, merry and yet witful story. And the acting of Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh is just splendid.

Much Ado About Nothing

Enjoy! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 pm 

I also love Much Ado About Nothing. It is so fun. I enjoyed reading the Shakespeare also. I have memorized parts of it.

Ivy

Post subject: Re: A wonderful movie...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

And another one: The Master and Margarita,
after a book by Michail Bulgakow. The devil comes for a visit to Moscow and causes quite some trouble together with his companions. It is also about two people in love... and Pontius Pilatus. :smile:

The film is in Russian but there are English subtitles. Oh, and it is ten hours long. :funny: But I just love it, I have read the book several times and it is one of the few films that I did not find disappointing when I had read the book before. I just adore Bulgakow's writing style and of course this can only partly be transfered in a movie, but still I think they have done a fantastic job.

At the moment I let it run in the background whenever I am busy at the computer so that I only hear the sound. Not that I understood Russian well enough to actually get what is going on then, but I love the sound of this language, especially of the man playing Voland, I absolutely prefer it to having music in the background at the moment. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm 

I love Much ado about nothing it's my fav of all Shakespears plays, I am hoping one year they will show it at the globe so I can watch it there

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Independance wrote:
I love Much ado about nothing it's my fav of all Shakespears plays, I am hoping one year they will show it at the globe so I can watch it there

It's my favourite too and this year they will play it in our theatre. I am looking forward to it very much, although I doubt that it will be as good as the movie. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:06 pm 

One of my fav too

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:18 am 
Site Admin

Yesterday I found a Polyanna movie. She was one of my role models when I was a child, but then I had completely forgotten about this whole story for many years. Now when seeing it I was so moved and surprised how much this meant to me and how much it still had to do with my own life.

Enjoy! :f:

Post subject: Re: A wonderful movie
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:43 pm 

I was so "very glad" you posted this....lol

Very lovely movie. I do enjoy the British period pieces. It reminded me of "Downton Abbey" which of course the men/boys in my life tell me is nothing more than an olden day soap opera!!!!

Thanks for the post Romy :f:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Morgan wrote:
I was so "very glad" you posted this....lol

:funny: I'm glad it made you glad.

You know, I have been playing the glad game for as long as I can remember, although I never knew it was a game (it was not an explicit part of the Polyanna version I knew as a child). But after having seen the movie I told Nora about it, and now she does it all the time when she is confronted with something unpleasant, like having to go to bed while the adults can still sit around the fire. I don't know if she will keep it up, but I sure hope she will. I think this can be life-changing, especially if like Nora you have parents who seem to enjoy focusing on what is bad about their situation a lot of the time. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:53 pm 

Yes that was exactly what I thought when she did it the first time in the movie. I TRY to do the same (although sometimes it can be hard esp when it's something very awful :sad: ). It's a case of the glass being half full instead of half empty.
My kids get a little irritated though when they are looking for sympathy and I am telling them how much worse it could have been!!!! ha ha ha

great game to teach kids, simple, but a life lesson to being content.

If only people would change with the glad game ;)

The other thing I do a lot is visualising parking bays where I want them. Instead of having the negative "I'm going to come around the corner and there will be tons of cars, no parking" thought, I concentrate on imagining a bay open right in front of where I want to park and pretty much every time it works!!!
I'm not sure if I believe we can manipulate the universe around our thoughts but we can definitey bring more oppotunities if we are optomistic :D

So of course I rushed off after Pollyanna to look for "Heidi" and am enjoying watching that after many years...another feel good movie with a moral story. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm 

Oh and I loved the fact that Amanda Burton was playing a role other than a pathologist/detective!!!!