The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi AND minded people :)

Many have requested and Ralph has created:
The online school which will allow personal guidence through video homework. I shall also point out relevant books, articles and make 'how to videos' as per your request. You will also always have a complete overview of your educational path.

Check it out:
www.equihof.be/school

:thumleft: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 pm 

Josepha, it looks great! Congratulations on getting this going. I would be very interested in joining this coming fall, when I'll be in college in Montana, without much access to dressage instruction. It does look pretty tempting to enroll at the start of summer too, but we'll see. And being on a broke college student's budget, the value is perfect for me. I do have a few questions though. How much homework do you assign for additional readings, etc? I would of course love to do it, but I just wanted to clarify what the time commitment would be expected in studies. I'm sure I could study about horses all day, but I would really love to fit it in with my college as well. Thanks!
-Kala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Kala,

Thank you, would be wonderful to work together :)

The thing is that the course is so individual that it is hard to say. It also or even more so depends on your horse(s) and what they need precisely.
In practise, you get one homework assignment a week. You need to make a 5 minute video pf your homework and post your questions. I shall overview, answer your questions and help you out every tiny step by step to learn how to train horses and empower them at the same time :)
It already shows that it really is the next best thing to having a lesson at your stable. :) I am so happy with it!

Each weekly assigment will involve a short study read of approx half to one page with instruction of how to and why and what to do when certain problems occur. Then I ussually add links to videos from 1 to maximum 10 minutes, that shows 'how to' or finished results. If there is no film of your specific case, I make one to show you exactly how things are done and what to do when it does not work etc.
Next to that I shall in some cases give you links to articles to read that will help you understand and further your knowledge on the specific subject your working on. I guess if a person is already working with horses and studies after more knowledge you will probably spend as much time but have a more deliberate cause of action so to speak.
It may also be that I point out a specific book or video, but when you read or view that is up to you. It is also a case of finding it, perhaps via ebay or something a like :)
Often reading books and watching videos raise more questions, which you can also ask me via the online school :)
I believe there is nothing like this on the planet 8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm 

Oh no worries, individual is perfect. It sounds great! I will keep it in mind. Thanks for answering my questions! :)