The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

The page is in Dutch, sorry... but still look at the difference in picture 1 and 2 of the black Dutch warmblood mare Vana :)

http://www.taonara.com/index.php?option ... 93&lang=nl

I will now make my work my public, so more horses will follow :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:06 am 

Josepha, I would have thought this was a different horse!!

Hey -- how's your mom? When are you and Ralph going to come to New York?

xoxoxoxox
L.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Leigh :)

Working on more examples in video and photo :)

Well, she is still not doing well enough for surgery, she is not blind but can not see well enough to write (she is an author on historical romance) so it is frustrating to her.

N.Y. ah... yes... :pray: This year will probably not work out, but still looking to do it next year. Do you think you can get some people assembled now, who would be interested in training with me?

xxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:59 pm 

Another year is probably good -- am starting to meet some horse people here but this is slow going -- I've been so busy with other things and enjoying not having to share what I do with other people, so I've had my head down a lot, and haven't really talked about horsey stuff with a lot of people.

I would imagine that there are people around who'd like your work...am having faith that they'll start emerge here as we go...

xo
L.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Maybe it is best to set a date? What would suit you? The spring?
Tickets are not that expensive anymore :)

I am working on new video material and a new website. If you have tips on what you think people want to see over there, let me know.

Flying out to Don is somehow really expensive, whereas flying out to you not so much. How strange...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 pm 

Let me get back to you -- I'm trying to shift jobs and actually get the land for the retreat center I want to start purchased, but I'm just not sure how long that's going to take me.

I want to make sure that it's worth your while to come and I'm worried about making a commitment yet -- am feeling like I don't have quite enough in place here, yet.

Am not sure if the property we're working on would be right for this -- it could be great, eventually, but there isn't any infrastructure there for horses at the moment, and while my farm is getting better, I'm not set up here for having guest horses here.

I'm meeting a handful of people who have training/breeding/boarding facilities -- it's possible that we could arrange something.

But I'm not having an "oh, yes, I know how to make it work!" set of ideas yet...

So let's not lose the idea, but I'm feeling the need to let it ride a little bit as I continue to get to know the area and get my world settled a bit -- things move more slowly here than I anticipated!

But -- this would be helpful, so I have a sense of what you need to make it worth it for you -- how would you want to set up a clinic (how long, etc.) and how many people would you need? Would it work to have Circe be your guinea pig here and then see if we could set you up doing private lessons with other students where their horses are? That will help me think about how we could get something happening.

:f:
L.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
But -- this would be helpful, so I have a sense of what you need to make it worth it for you -- how would you want to set up a clinic (how long, etc.) and how many people would you need? Would it work to have Circe be your guinea pig here and then see if we could set you up doing private lessons with other students where their horses are? That will help me think about how we could get something happening.

Yes that sounds perfect! Maybe for the rest we better pick up via pm?

I shall send you an email :)

xxx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:42 pm 

Just wanted to let you know that I would absolutely come out there as long as I had enough warning to ask for the time off and get the trip planned.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

great, now we have already two :) :cheers:
Would you also want to help spread the word? :pray: :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 pm 

I also would be interested (without my horses of course). But I would love to watch you work. Same for me, I need about a year's notice so I can plan my vacations.

Hope it works out.
Jocelyne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 pm 

I will happily help spread the word :) I would also be happy to carpool, if I decide to drive, with anyone from the area or that I could pick up on the way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

oh great thanks! I've send Leigh a email. if we come to some ideas I might make flyers and send them to you?

xxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:28 am 

Josepha wrote:
Do you think you can get some people assembled now, who would be interested in training with me?

xxx

Um... *waves hands frantically*
I can't promise about other people at my barn but if a date is set I can certainly pitch the idea to a couple of my closer horsey friends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 am 
Site Admin

Excellent, now as soon as Leigh feels comfortable to set a date, we are off to winning some souls over ha ha ! Working on flyers, youtube videos and english book... that will all help :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:55 pm 

Oh, Josepha, I'm a dork -- sorry I've not responded to your email yet.

It's been a bonkers week.

I would love to do this and love your ideas -- and am a bit nervous about timing yet because my world is still so up in the air. I'm trying to get some movement on buying this property so we can get the retreat biz happening and we're not there yet, so I don't know with any certainty if/when that's going to happen. (Which is making me bonkers as well.)

Bonkers, that's the theme! :razz: :razz: :razz:

We could potentially do a small thing just with Circe and SD here at my house if there are AND folks who'd like to come and watch and play with them. I'm not set up for outside horses here, but would be delighted to provide a low-glam place for people to play with you and my ponies.

Let's keep talking -- I'm hoping that we'll have an answer about this property within the next month or so and then I'll have a more of a sense of how things might unfold with timing both there and in the rest of my life... This is my only source of hesitation -- I'm frantically busy trying to keep all of the plates spinning in my world and don't want to promise to put something together and flake on it and you because other things come up.

We'll figure it out!

xoxoxoxoxoxo
L.