The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hi from Ireland.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 pm 

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Monique, I'm 44 years of age and although originally from Holland, I've been living in Ireland for over 7 years now. I've been waiting a long time to register at this forum because what's the point if you don't have a horse to practice with? Nothing to share about triumphs or to discuss the more difficult parts. I have been reading sometimes though, just out of interest.

But now, I can finally participate in earnest, as my horse will be here very soon! He will be leaving Holland tomorrow and all going well, he'll arrive in Ireland on fridaymorning. I have been waiting for this day for a long, long time and our story is nothing short of a fairytale!!!

My horse is a purebred Andalusian Stallion going by the name Madrileno. He is a lovely horse with a personality to match. For me he really is the best!!

I hope to share our progress with you all in the very near future.

For now, greetings from Monique and Madrileno!

Post subject: Re: Hi from Ireland.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:53 am 

Hi Monique,

Welcome from another Andalusian owner, the mare Altea and her 17 month old daughter.

It's so exciting that you have your stallion arriving after such a wait. You must be just vibrating with anticipation.

I hope you get pictures and or video of his arrival and your life together again.

Best Wishes,

Donald, Altea and Bonnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi Monique, welcome!! :)

So great that Madrileno will come to you and I am very much looking forward to reading about your experiences with him.

And Ireland... if there is one country in the world where I would like to move, that's it. Since I was a child I have always said that when I will be old, I will move to an old cottage in Ireland with nothing around but sheep and a cat - and all that green, green landscape of course.

Where in Ireland do you live?

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 am 

Hello, Monique, and welcome.

:funny: You have given me two reasons to be a bit jealous of you - you have an Andalusian (I wanted one but couldn't find one that fitted with me) and living in Ireland which is my ancestral home that I've never been able to even visit yet. :roll:

I am definitely going to be eagerly following your story ...

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Glen Grobler wrote:
and living in Ireland which is my ancestral home that I've never been able to even visit yet. :roll:

So there are two people already who want to go to Ireland. I guess we should have the next AND meeting at Monique's place. :funny:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Monique!!! You have him back! I am so so so happy for you, you have no idea!!!
You always knew you would be reunited one day, just like Jimmy and me...!!!

Big hug,

Josepha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 pm 

Hello Monique,

Welcome!

Seems like your story of Madrileno needs to be revealed...
That it hides something very beautiful ?

Good luck in any case and I wish you will both be as happy as ever!
:love:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm 

So I guess we are all on the edge of our seats now (thanks Josepha!!!).......

Welcome Monique, and I too would love to hear your story (pics would be welcome too! :funny: )

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 pm 

Hi Everybody!!

Thank you all for your warm welcome! That really feels great!

@Romy: I live in Co. Meath, on the eastside of Ireland. It really is beautiful here. Where are your ancestors from?

@Glen: No need to be jealous :D (although in this case, the grass IS greener on the other side, hahaha.

@Josepha: Hi girly. Yeah, can you believe it??? I'm so so happy, there are no words to describe it.

@Ama: The story will be revealed.... :D

@Morgan: Sitting comfortably? Story will begin... :yes:

@ Donald: Vibrating off the face of the earth and well on the way to cloud 9!! :funny:

Ok, I will tell our story...

13 years ago Madrileno came into my life. It really was love at first site. We had a great time together and we were really close. Then I moved to ireland as my husband is Irish. The horse was to come with me of course. But to my absolute horror I found out he was sold behind my back to a dealer. Even worse, it was my mother who had done this, eventhough she had nothting to do with him, bought him or was otherwise involved with him. She had simply done this to hurt me, as she had not wanted me to leave Holland. It took me three years to find him. The owner of course didn't want to sell him back to me. The pain was onbelievable. I missed him so much. He even 'told' me how he was doing and I always new if something had happend or if he wasn't feeling the best.

Two months ago I was planning to go to holland for my brother's wedding and I wanted to visit my horse. So I rang the woman who owned him to see if she would let me. So up I went and I was so nervous. Would he recognize me after all these years? I needn't have worried though. I whistled our usual whistle and he lifted his head immediately!! And then a big neigh!! Needless to say I was over the moon. What I didn't know was that his owner was thinking of selling him because she could no longer care for him due to her own health. When she saw his reaction to me, she made up her mind and decided I could have him back. Finally! After 7 long long years, I was getting my best friend back!
I still couldn't believe that this was really about to happen! But, as we speak, he is on his way and he will be arriving on friday morning.
After all these years the coming 3 days will be the longest!

I am the happiest woman on the face of the earth, I'm sure of it! And his arrival will be well documented!!

This is us after just being reunited...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

I am soooo happy for you, Monique! I could not even imagine my Titum being sold to someone else. How wonderful that you will get him back!!

Oh, you will enjoy every moment of it. :f: :f: :f:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:35 pm 

Waaw!
This is a great story with an even greater ending!

Mothers can sometimes be very strange...
I am so happy for you both that you found each other again!

Love,

:love:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 am 

Thank you Romy and AMA.
There is more to the story of how I even got him, but I won't spill that yet. I'm just happy to have him back again. (well, almost...a few days longer..)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 am 

Amazing.....and true edge of the seat stuff!!!!!

He looks absolutely gorgeous. :D

I know that is lots more to this story, hopefully you will share, and just now we can all follow your future together. :yes:

How old is Madrileno now? Where will he live (do you have your own land?). Do you have other horses?

Isn't it amazing how horses NEVER forget, the good and the bad. :sad: In your case obviously just the good.......the nicker/neigh says it all.........he must have been just as surpised as you. :funny: :D

Roll on Friday........ :applause: :f:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:42 pm 

Thanks Morgan! I suppose he was never ment to leave me for ever! :D

He is now 16 years old. He was sold when he was 9. So he is not a spring chicken anymore, but young enough to be active.

And more great news: They're ahead of schedule and he will be arriving tomorrow morning around 8! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I'm so glad I start work at 2.........(as I had arranged for Friday to be off..) But this is fine too. He can rest while I'm at work and in the evening and the next 3 days, I'll have all the time in the world!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:05 pm 

wow what a story.... welcome here.

Quote:
@Glen: No need to be jealous :D (although in this case, the grass IS greener on the other side, hahaha.

ofcourse is your grass greener...you've more rain then she have :D

you live in a beautyfull country, not been there for many year but we will visit it sometimes somewere in the future again.
last time been there in 1994?? on bike from Dublin through the Wicklow mountens to the south Ring of Kerry and so on and back by Roslare. Heard now that it is very touristic :sad: i still have a woolen vest from ireland looks like new even after so many years.