The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Going abroad...maybe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm 

Why don't you post a "job and accomodation wanted" and see if any of our members need you?

An openended ticket to home is never a bad thing and if it doesn't work out don't look at it as a failure, more a learning curve. That's part of the fun of living, seeing where the path takes you next.

Well done for making a decision, now to decide where and for how long? I think your world just came up to meet you!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 pm 

Thanks for your help, Anette :)
I guess I'll give it a try next week...am visiting my horses over the weekend :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 pm 

Hi Bella,

I have to say, I made the decision to move this past May. I met Glen in a horse game site we both played. She mentioned she was buying a farm and jokingly I said I would come work for her. At the time, I couldn't have but then things happened in my life to make it a possible move. My family, though nervous for me to move so far away(NY USA to South Africa) and never having lived away from home(just when I had moved in with boyfriends, but then was still an hours drive from home) this was a big step for me, was supportive of my decision. I have had a lot of bad happen to me and should have had a nervous breakdown or two. But I carried on, and didn't let anything get in the way of my dream to own my own horse.

The time in my life was right, Glen offered me the job of working as groom as well as the opportunity to get my own horse and really work the AND way. I made one of the best decisions of my life coming here. It's been 7 months now and I love it. Working outdoors, the horses in the back yard, I am generally happy. I do miss home, the comfort of being able to go to my mom when I need her or call her up at a seconds notice. The time difference doesn't help in that department but there is email.

Here is the link to Helen E's Profile http://www.artofnaturaldressage.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1077 She hasn't been on in a while but no harm in trying.

I wish you all the best with finding out where you want to go and do. For myself, I used to let life happen around me and just went with it. I finally decided to break the mold and do something I wanted. Which was work on a farm with horses. I get up everyday knowing they are right there in the backyard ready for anything. I love my job and, today, I can honestly say I love my life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:53 pm 

Hi Bella,

I have not been on the forum for a while because being too busy trying to arrange our move to Italy...
Because of my health problems, we have decided to buy a house in Toano, Emilia Romagna, up in the mountains, with lots of land for our animals.

For the moment our house in Belgium is up for sale and as soon as there is a positive reaction on that, we will really start moving down south.
When it gets that far, we might be needing some help over there.
I will have to see how we can get organised and so on, but maybe we can make an arrangement that you would come and live with us for a while?
No promise for the moment though, as it is all still very uncertain for us too - not the least in the financial way of thinking...
But if you would be interested, we can keep in touch?

Oh yes, we have 4 horses, 2 dogs, 1 cat and we will start with a small herd of sheep there.
And, even though one of my dogs is crying behind the door (to the bedrooms, where he slipped through and is now sitting on his own :huh: ), I can say that my animals are normally not unhappy. ;)

You can read a bit about us in:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2888
and my intro:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2599

That will give you already some background info of what you could maybe expect to find...

It may be a possible thing for 2010.
I can tell you where we go to, who will join us etc., just don't know when it will all happen exactly.

In any case, there might be more people like us, so don't give up your hopes to see a bit of the world.
I wish you lots of success in any case!

All the very best wishes for 2010!

:santa:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:10 pm 

sorry to make a little mess in your topic.
how great Annemarie, for you both...
wow its far away, but i hope you will be better out there. keep us updated :-) try to read your diary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 am 

Thank you Inge!
I have good hopes for a better health (hence: future) there.

Will try to update a bit on my diary soon.

:love:

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 pm 

Dear Gem Twist,

I had no idea what you were doing, that's so very cool :D
How long will you stay in Africa?
Thanks for your reply, maybe I'll get the chance to experience something similar in the near future...

Hi Annemarie,

I would love to come and live with you, actually Italy is a real favourite of mine.
If I could really be of use to you, I'd be glad to get the chance and anyways I hope it will work out great for you and your health will get better...
I'm going to read through your diary, still and was happy to keep in touch anyhow :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 pm 

Nice to hear you like Italy too!

Let's see what the future will bring us... 'McAND daughters' maybe :D
That would be really nice!
:yes:

AnneMarie

------