The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 pm 

well I realy don't feel the need to explain me..but just for your information : I'm in the business since 1996...and had already before NHE more than 4.000 visits/month on my website and was giving clinics.

www.equinebehaviour.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

I was asked to send warm regards from Jenn to some of our members (those that she knew and liked, I don´t know in particular who that was, but I am sure those people will know ;)). She is okay with being away from the NHE forum, she said it was 100% her decision and she is focusing on her family and horses a bit more again now. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 am 

Hello!
I heard from many people and also read from some of you here that a lot of people were banned from NHE forum. Curious as I am I would really like to know why did it happen. I'm sure there must've been some good reasons for that. Would anyone be so kind and explain some more about it? Thank you in advance.

Liana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Liana,

in the beginning people were banned for specific reasons, ranging from behaviour around horses that they did not like (e.g. riding with a cavesson) to behaviour in the forum that they did not like (e.g. questioning their rules or management of the forum) but later they started just banning everyone from AND. They went through the posts here and made lists with people who were active in both forums (I have seen those lists, they really existed ;)) and excluded everyone who was here.

I don´t want to write about their reasons, because much of what I think is (or was?) causing them to dislike AND so much is not what they say publicly, maybe not even what they think it is. I could only speculate here and I don´t want to do that. The second reason is that what I read about their "real reasons" was not written in public, so I don´t want to make it public here either. I think everyone is entitled to his secrets... and actually for me this is all so far away already, it simply does not interest me anymore.

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:36 pm 

My account on NHE was deactivated before I joined AND, in fact I started looking for other groups that train horses with positive reinforcement after my NHE account was deactivated and found AND through youtube. I was not given a reason nor did I try to contact anyone to find out why.
I did ask a lot of questions there and also made it clear that I'm hoping to learn even from people I don't necessarily agree with. I suspect those two things together were seen as too controversial. Like Romy, it doesn't matter to me, because I've found a group of people here with whom I can raise honest questions and know that even when we disagree I will be treated with respect and kindness. Positive reinforcement for people as well as animals. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 pm 

Gosh, NHE again!!!!

I think Romy pretty much summed it up.
For me it was the non transparency and secrecy to everything. I chose to walk away when Lydia decided that she didn't want to answer any questions on how they kept their horses.
Whilst a lot of the members like Jenn were keeping their horses as naturally as possible (ie herd and space), this is not what Alexander and Lydia do with theirs and they think that it is impossible to have a horse perform high level haute ecole without this seperation.
For me I want my horse to be happy (mentally and physically) and the need for me to show the world what my horse can do does not make me want to follow this path. In fact it goes against what I believe to be right for the horse.

Each to their own.
Thankfully here we can find a middle ground where no one is dictated to and everyone is supportive.

So Liana, I hope that helps a little.
I know when I left NHE I had a hard time adjusting and from the mails I got from members who left at the same time, they too struggled with adjusting. What you believe for so long and so passionately, was perhaps not what it seemed at all..........

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Alexander and Lydia do with theirs and they think that it is impossible to have a horse perform high level haute ecole without this seperation.

:huh:

How strange to think like that…
That’s the same like saying a bird won’t fly when living free amongst other birds…

Haute Ecole is nothing if not the horse’s natural way of expressing extraordinary feelings.
One sees it in a herd every day…

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:27 am 

Apparently it causes the horse to become dull and stupid!!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:

Personally I don't think they have the land to allow their horses to live free.............the excuse is that their horses fight and they are too valuable to get injuries.
Well of course they will fight if kept in too small a space.

The need to show the world what can be done seems to overall the philosophy of "the horse is always right".
I wonder how much interaction those horses would give him if they were turned loose on hectares of pasture?????? :yes:

Anyway enough of NHE, back to happy thoughts and AND. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon