The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm 

Hello people of AND!

I am Ayesha, and I discovered this fantastic website thanks to some brilliant videos I found on youtube.

I currently have 3 horses!, two welsh cobs and a mixbreed hanoverian, standardbred thoroughbred with other things thrown in ^^ (Who is due to move in very very soon). I also have 2 dogs, Hogan and Lily. Hogan being my baby, soul mate and absolute best friend, an incredibly intelligent Jack russell, and Lily being my moms 9 month old Yorkshire terrier, who is completely insane, energetic and lovable.

I spent two years studying behaviour, verterinary science, and other various studies to do with animal management and studies.

I am 20 and very much looking foward to trying these techniques etc on my new horse when she arrives, she is very shy and although she is six she has had little handling.
We have already got a wonderful relationship and I am one of the few she will willingly come over and give hugs and kisses too (I am very honoured indeed!)

My mother practices various natural horsemanship methods as do my two sisters, and I have very much been brought up into the natural, gentle way of handling and dealing with the various horses we have had the pleasure of knowing through the years.

I look foward to being an active member in the forums, and as soon as the new baby arrives ill be sure to upload piccies, video's and keep you all informed on her progress.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ayesha, welcome! :)

Great that you have joined us. Your family of animals sounds absolutely gorgeous and I am looking forward to reading more from you and seeing pictures (especially of the Welsh cobs... just love them). :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm 

Regarding my welshies, there is Angel a dark bay (Welsh Section c) Who is 19 and we have had her since she was 4, where we rescued her from the sales, we were told by our vet that she was unlikely to survive as she had strangles, and was suffering from severe depression, due to having her 2 month old foal taken from her on the day of her being sent to the sales, she was a very poorly baby, but is now, a very loved, little 'Angel' of a horse. Ill post pictures asap.

Max is our 23 year old chestnut Section D gelding, he is an intelligent, laid back and very cheeky man, and has been there since I can remember. He was a present to my mother. My moms best friend brought him and instantly knew mom would be the perfect owner for him, and as it happens mum fell in love with him the first time she met him, and she says she does over and over again every time she see's him.

When I find my way around, ill upload pictures of the horses and my lovely doggles too!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 pm 

FancyTrot

A very warm welcome from me as well!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:19 pm 

Hi Ayesha, so nice to see another new AND members. Welcome.

I too live in a rainy place, and it's doing it right now. Here in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest U.S. temperate rain forest it's common to get over 100 inches a year of rain. One copes. [url]:roll: :funny:[/url]

FancyTrot wrote:
Regarding my welshies, there is Angel a dark bay (Welsh Section c) Who is 19 and we have had her since she was 4, where we rescued her from the sales, we were told by our vet that she was unlikely to survive as she had strangles, and was suffering from severe depression, due to having her 2 month old foal taken from her on the day of her being sent to the sales, she was a very poorly baby, but is now, a very loved, little 'Angel' of a horse. Ill post pictures asap.

Few people consider that horses suffer from mental illnesses much as humans do, some very serious ones brought on by similar trauma. It's very dear that you and your family have had her to help her recover.
Ayesha wrote:
Max is our 23 year old chestnut Section D gelding, he is an intelligent, laid back and very cheeky man, and has been there since I can remember. He was a present to my mother. My moms best friend brought him and instantly knew mom would be the perfect owner for him, and as it happens mum fell in love with him the first time she met him, and she says she does over and over again every time she see's him.

When I find my way around, ill upload pictures of the horses and my lovely doggles too!

I am so looking forward to your pictures.

Donald, Nettlepatch Farm
And Altea and Bonnie, mother and daughter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm 

Hello Ayesha, welcome from Belgium too!

It sounds like you have been brought up in a very warm nest of loving and caring creatures, lucky you!
I am sure you will spread the same feeling around you and that your baby-to-arrive-soon will be very happy with all of you!
:love:

Hope to hear and see more!

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:51 pm 

I think I will be very happy here indeed, you're all so very welcoming. :D

Now I shall have to work out how to upload pictures

Bear with me :D

Ah, I have discovered my old Photobucket, ill post some old pictures for now then upload new ones, and many more that I shall take next week of my little family :D

These pictures are from last winter, so excuse the mud and hair ^^

Max showing off his love of hats :D

Angel Looking a little sad, suffering from mild laminitis a few years ago

Not bad for an old man

Super shocked camera flash face

Hehe ill get piccies of my new horse and the doggies next week :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:17 pm 

Great pics and I look forward to seeing more. Welcome to AND....hope you love it here as much as me! :D :f:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

oh just to cute!!! and welcome! :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:10 pm 

Wecome Ayesha!!!! Very lovely horses! :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 pm 

welcome and nice ponys you have

greetings from a sunny netherlands :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm 

I am glad you all like my ponies :D.

And I look foward to speaking again soon, but as of now I am preparing to go out.

Love to all :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:54 pm 

hello ! im new too x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:33 pm 

Welcome! Its always nice to see another face from 'sunny' England! (We had torrential rain here today. LOL!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:18 am 

Welcome Ayesha:

And I thought the rain was only in Canada :cheers:

You do have gorgeous horses and hope to read up on your experiences with all the them.
Jocelyne