The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: rare donkys in a zoo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm 

here a very stranges idea about keeping animals in a zoo. And make people motivated to go there.
poor donkys look how they are been hit by the young kids and no-one take attention to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNjidijtL1I&feature=player_embedded

how can they do that??? thats no way to take care of animals

Post subject: Re: rare donkys in a zoo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:43 am 

What a missed opportunity to teach those young children self respect and responsibility. Those donkeys are hero's and very tolerant. I suspect life outside the zoo would be even harsher for them. The children have seen and heard intolerance and cruelty. Education of treating all others as they wish to be treated if their roles were reversed, for whatever species, race, creed is needed, and that takes time and resources.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Did the news reader say 'tigres' while a lion was in view?

Allowing children to hurt animals or even telling them to do it is a form of child abuse in itself.

Yesterday a woman left my shop angry when I explained why we did not sell 'children's whips'.
I explained how we could not support children being taught that it is a good thing to whip an animal, how it effected my child hood (I feel that lots of years have been stolen from my life in my relationship with horses thinking that it was for the horses own good, whipping them, even if I did not do it that hard nor often, I still did it :( )
I asked the woman if she would let her child hit a dog or a cat with a whip. First she said 'yes', then she said she did not understand what I meant and walked out...

Guess I'll never get rich...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:15 pm 

Josepha wrote:
Guess I'll never get rich...

not from these people :-)
but the world will change someday......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm 

Quote:
Yesterday a woman left my shop angry when I explained why we did not sell 'children's whips'.

Josepha, send the lady to me, I am sure I could manage to stock some whips for hitting the parents and children of those who want them. Yes I can manage to live with myself selling children whips, just not ones for use on animals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

You should whip me as well then...

I can not see children as faulth here. I remember myself, crying on my pony and this man in the arena yelling at me to hit my pony so he would go back to the track. Saying I was abusing this pony for not doing what he said and being a very bad rider. With hick ups and tears I hit my pony on the buttocks, hard enough to satisfy the teacher and the pony give a little buck and indeed went back to the track were he resumed his trot behind the other ponies.
I dare not look at him anymore. Not even the back of his head while I was riding.
Looking back I feel that he felt as sorry for me as I felt for him. As a result of these tirades Josepha as a teenager learned to be 'hard' and 'bestowthough love' on horses for their own good... :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:56 pm 

Okay, we shall have whips in stock to beat the parents so they understand why not to have the whip, but we shall not flay the children.
You were not guilty Josepha, you are changing this perception, it will filter and be better for horses.

I never understand why in cruelty and abuse cases, social workers and lawyers say this is what happened to the perpertrators when they were young. Surely if something horrid happens, we know we did n't like to be smacked or abused, so we know we should not pass it on?

As a child our legs are not long below the saddle panel, so I was given a twig to hold along the pony's neck. Even though my little hands were unlikely to properly manage reins if shortening or lengthening. I love the little child cub type saddles, with the strap across the front D rings, so good to enable a child to pull into the horse instead of jigging on a flapping rein or even reaching for a neck strap. Once the child feels secure, then ponies know their abilities and are very good at caring for them.
Sadly, riding stables probably will take the longest to change, unless the parents can ask for riding to be taught in a equine considerate manner.

Equihoff is a leader, so is AND. More people will question the rights and wrongs, and slowly the word will spread. It is okay to be friends with your pets and not their Boss or torturer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:01 pm 

Protesting the mistreatment of animals often meets the deadend of cultural norms. What you and I might see as cruel some cultures do not.

Children of this size are not actually doing all that much harm unless they have sticks, which I didn't see.

What is much more cruel and a terrible lesson for these children is that these donkeys are starving to death.

The dye stripping tends to disguise it, but you can see they are badly emaciated. The first clue was that the donkey's stood quietly for the children to beat on them. One, with two children on him or her, was so preoccupied with dealing with its hunger it simply kept eating despite the annoying by the children.

My anger and sorrow overwhelm me.

Donald

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:21 pm 

you have seen exactly what i saw Donald. Thats why i was so sad too.