The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 pm 

Hi, been watching this forum for some time and finally got around to registering! I have to say I am blown away by you guys and feel so motivated to do so much with my horses, I was studying Parelli but found I didnt agree with the level of force involved - my hero is Alexanda Nevzorov, also Caroline Resnick and Klaus Hempfling.

I have 4 horses Frenchie, a TB ex racer, Bron is on loan from ILPH also TB, Rhea Welsh section D and her baby Rose- Marie.
I have been searching, proberbly most of my life for ways to be with my horses which doesnt involve any kind of force and is based on mutual respect and free choice and am now feeling as if that is possible due to above mentioned people and now this wonderful forum, so feeling really excited!!!!!

Apart from Rose Marie, my other 3 friends have been really traumatised in their previous lives as competition horses and basically when they came to me had just had enough of the life they found themselves in so for me there has been a lot of challenges but I really feel that now we are all ready to try something new and fun.

I have started chasing the Tiger with Rosey and she loves it - cant get enough of it maybe because shes only 3 and still very playful. Forgot to say Im from Shropshire in England, not far from the Welsh border so yes I know all about wet Wales!

Ive got so many Q but will keep them for another time. Im so excited to know that there are others out there who think like me and even better are proving that force isnt needed.
Well - just wanted to say hello :smile:

Post subject: Re: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:14 am 

Hi Roa and welcome to the forum.

I am based in Herefordshire, near to the Powys border so I guess quite local to youself :green:

Your horses sound lovely and I admire anyone who takes on "rescues". This is an area I work very closely in so will look forward to hearing more about you and your horses.

I have only recently taken the AND plunge and the support and advice from this forum is fantastic, I just cannot get enough of it.

I am sure you will enjoy it here and the AND experience as much as myself and my horses are :cheers:

xxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 am 

Hi Roa,
Nice to meet you! :D
Welcome here and take your time to read what interests you.
There are so many threads and posts that I am sure most of your questions have been posted and answered already!!!!
We LOVE pics. So please feel free to share.
Best
Annette

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 am 

Hello, Roa. Welcome here.

:funny: We all have lots of questions all the time, and we all have different answers, too. There are huge amounts of information in the different topics and in the diaries. I haven't read it all yet ...

I second Annette (Morgan) - pictures of your gang, please. :D

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 am 

Welcome Roa! :)

I drove by Shropshire a few weeks ago, on my way to Stratford-upon-Avon..:P

Do post pictures indeed, I love seeing other people's horses, haha. How old are the other horses you have?
And do ask the questions you have..sometimes a simple question can be very refreshing or interesting, even when you think it's not. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome!! :)

So nice that you have registered here, Roa (and what a beautiful name! :smile:). Looking forward to pictures of your horses as well, and to reading about your adventures of course.

Have a nice time here! :)

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:33 pm 

Welcome to AND. I'm sure you'll love it here...so much useful information and friendly people. :D

Like the others have said...can't wait to see photos of yoru gang and it's great to have another person from the UK here!!

:applause: :yes: :green:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Roa!

Your name reminds of LOTR Rohan... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 pm 

Welcome, Roa! This is a fantastic place, and I'm sure you will learn a lot and enjoy it here!

Happy to have another member from the UK! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 pm 

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.... My horses ages are Frenchie 16, Rhea 16 Bron 15 and baby Rose 3 - once I work out how to post pics I will. :blush: