The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Another introduction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:15 pm 

Hello,

I signed up to this forum some time ago, but somehow got sidetracked and forgot about it..... I guess I wasn't ready for it then. A couple of months or so ago I re-discovered it and have been reading avidly since. It's now one of my favourite places. So, time for a quick introduction :)

I have two lovely horses, very different from each other, and for various reasons I have found myself completely re-evaluating my relationship with them. I'm not finding it easy, as I'm really not sure where it is all going to lead and I feel uncomfortable when I don't know where I'm heading. I also board them and feel that I'm constantly flipping between two very different worlds, the one of conventional horsemanship and the one of - well, something else. The time I spend here reading helps me enormously in thinking things through and in opening my mind to new possibilities. It has also resulted in some lovely moments with my horses. Thank you to all of you for that.

Looking forward to learning more and more,

Orange.

Post subject: Re: Another introduction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome :)

What country are you from?

Look at it this way: you are heading towards more lovely moments with your horse untill it all becomes one lasting lovely time :)

Warm regards,

Josepha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:23 pm 

Thank you Josepha :)
I'm from the UK - I have updated my profile (I hope - bit new to this, so please forgive any errors!).
Orange.
PS: I've just looked at your stunning pictures of Owen - beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome!! :)

I am looking forward to reading more about your adventures with your horses. Do you have any pictures of them?

Very nice to read that you enjoy the forum. :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:23 pm 

Hello an welcome to AND. Nice to see another face from the UK here. :D

Can't wait to hear more about your horses and your journey with them.

Claire :f:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:34 pm 

Hi and big welcome to the forum :cheers:

xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:45 pm 

Hello, hello! Nice to meet you. And I second the call for photos, please :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:58 pm 

Welcome. Good to meet you.

Many of us (myself included) have the "disparity of worlds" thing to cope with. It gets easier as time goes by - in the beginning I was facing a lot of disapproval but once "they" saw the progress I made with my horse they started with "How'd you do that?" :funny: as if they hadn't been watching frowningly all the time. :D

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:39 pm 

Hello and welcome!! I have found this forum and the people here to be invaluable in helping to encourage and support - when that is something that is that may be sorely lacking in our real world interactions with other people in the horse world.

Can't wait to hear more about your horses! Photos?? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 pm 

Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome here. It's good to 'meet' you all.
I don't have any recent photos of my horses, so I must get round to taking some. I'll take my camera tomorrow :smile:. In the meantime I'll hunt around for some old ones.
Very happy to be here :f:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:17 am 

hi there

welcome welcome welcome!!! :kiss:

Quote:
I'm really not sure where it is all going to lead and I feel uncomfortable when I don't know where I'm heading.

please do not be afraid. i know that this can seem daunting, as you are treading in the unknown, but i promise that it will be more enjoyable than you can imagine. :love: :f: until you experience your horse playing in unison with you, because THEY WANT TO, you have not experienced fun!! :D :D

the hard bit i think is facing other people who do not understand, especially if you board your horse, as you will probably be faced with criticism. this is where you will have to trust yourself, and have faith in your horse. :friends: know at least, that on this forum is a lovely group of people that are here for you.

be prepared for the ride of your life, as when you open your mind to listning to your horse, the opportunutues are endless!!! :cheers: they are an incredibly generouse being, and letting go of the control is like beginning a partnership that will never dissapoint. so enjoy!! choose your path, for what suits you and your individual horses, and just roll with it! at the beginning it can seem a little bumpy, as you are on unknown territory, but as my signiature says........ "just keep swimming!"

if you have any questions, just ask. there are some amazing people pon here, and they are ready to help! :love:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 pm 

Hi Jessy,
Thanks for your welcome. :)
Your words about letting go of control sparked me to go off and do some more reading in the forum :study: (oh dear, another couple of hours gone..... :smile:)
Reading the thread about Control in the FAQ section was so helpful - seeing that people here have the same conversations that I've been having in my head for so long. The trouble with having conversations with yourself is that they can get kind of circular :ieks: :D - it's wonderful to have somewhere to read others' thoughts on these topics.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 pm 

Quote:
The trouble with having conversations with yourself is that they can get kind of circular - it's wonderful to have somewhere to read others' thoughts on these topics.

i know EXACTLY what you are saying. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: i love this place because it is kind of centering to me. :idea: i find that i can get some kind of direction by talking out my thoughts, and then by reading other peoples :D :D :D you will find the same. :kiss: cant wait to hear more from you :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:58 pm 

jessplum wrote:
hi there

welcome welcome welcome!!! :kiss:

Quote:
I'm really not sure where it is all going to lead and I feel uncomfortable when I don't know where I'm heading.

please do not be afraid. i know that this can seem daunting, as you are treading in the unknown, but i promise that it will be more enjoyable than you can imagine. :

What Jess said! It's all about the journey...where your headed is, well, left up to the Universe, as Josepha would say :D

Welcome to the forum! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:09 pm 

Welcome....which part of UK are you from? Maybe we are near? I am in mid Wales....