The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:43 am 

Hello everyone, I just want to say this is a great site I am so excited I found the site. :applause:
I live in British Columbia, Canada. My family (my husband and our 4 girls) and I live on 10 acres of land and I have 5 horses, 1 dog and 1 cat. I am obsessed, as my husband would put it, with learning everything I can about these beautiful animals that graced my life 4 years ago,which is when I bought my first horse. I now have 5, well 4 and 1 mini. My first horse Katie, she is the reason I started searching for something to teach me about horses, I could not control her, she was not safe to be around, she hated people. I found the Parelli program and this has helped me tremendously with Katie and the rest of my horses, however there is still something missing in our relationship. Now I search again, from reading the post from the people on this forum I feel like I have found it. I am so excited, my dream is to have my horses love being with me as much I love being with them, and for them to be as excited to go out and play with me as I am with them. I will think I have died and gone to heaven when I ride down a forest path bridleless. I am still very new with the haut ecole moves, but am trying to learn through books and videos.

Corinne :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:56 am 

Welcome, Corinne!!

Obsession is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Especially when it's about horses!
:yes: :yes: ;)

(And here's to long-suffering husbands...mine makes a point of telling people that he's very aware he's nowhere near the top of my list... ;) )

Looking forward to hearing more about your herd...all species!

All the beset,
Leigh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:00 am 

Welcome Corinne!

I'm near Edmonton, Alberta!!!!

I see you are in Prince George. Can't wait to hear more from you!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:37 am 

Thank you.

Karen where exactly near Edmonton?

Great to have people near by. Are there ever any AND clinics in Western Canada?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:01 am 

Hi Corinne,
I started with Parelli and other Natural Horsemanship styles too, 4 years ago and now have discovered the possibility of bitless and bridleless riding. There is so much wonderful information and wonderful people here, I hope you'll enjoy yourself. Looking forward to getting to know you and your horses. :)
Birgit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Hi Corinne, welcome!! :)

What a funny coincidence that you are asking about a clinic in Canada now, because indeed there will be one this year: Canada clinic with Josepha. No idea if it´s Western Canada though. :blush:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 am 

hello hello hello, and welcome as many welcomes as i can offer.... hehehe :funny: sorry, i am so happy after my major horsey day, i am on a posting frenzy!!!

it is so good to have you here :yes: you sound like i did when i found this wonderful place. :D it just feels like you have found home :love: :love: :love: well, i cannot wait to hear more from you. :giveflower:

from jessy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:03 pm 

Corrine, I live near Ardrossan, just east of Sherwood Park (which is just east of Edmonton).

There is a clinic coming up with Josepha in eastern Canada, but as yet AND folk are a bit sparse in the western provinces. I think a clinic in western US could happen one day though! There are several members scattered along the west coast.

Again...nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:21 pm 

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing my experiences.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 am 

Karen, I think I will have to wait for a western clinic as Quebec is a little too far, lol.