The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hi from Amber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 am 

Hi, I'm Amber from Edmonton, Alberta and absolutely thrilled to be close enough to play and learn from Karen and Helen here. I moved my horse to the same stable so we can hang out together and learn the Power of Now from Horse! :) I am very grateful for the beautiful energy in understanding that they give me.... I pulled up with my horse in the trailer and there they were at the gate, welcoming me and getting me settled. So many little kindnesses...that I hope to pay back or pay forward.

I am guardian and partner to Valor, a magnificent old soul in a gypsy-mustang body. 16 hands of gorgeous! 6 years we've been together and he still takes my breath away....and when he looks at me with that eager little happy look, and tries things just because he's who he is, my heart just fills with a mixture of admiration, joy, humility, and I long to be as good in his world as he is in mine! And I miss my tail!!!

I feel all clunky and awkward in this new language frame (clicker, better timing, targeting) but it's okay, I know he will guide me through it and no one could love him more, so I am still the best woman for the job!

And I also know that all that we do with the magnificent life form of Horse and our human individual extensions of Life in our personal bodies, we do in celebration of the evolution of humanity through the visionary collaboration of Source through Horse. We are, with our magnificent horse-heart partners, building pathways hinted at but seldom fully seen. We stand for a breathtaking vision of a world where connection and awareness are artfully woven into such a moving, living story, that all who feel it are changed forever.... so I open my heart to the fullest expression of THAT!

Thank you, all, for being here- I look forward to our journeys...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 am 
Site Admin

Welcome, Amber! :)

Karen has already told us that you would come - I am glad that you are here. She also said that your horse was most beautiful. Do you have pictures of him?

I am looking forward to reading more about you and Valor! :smile:

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:35 am 

Welcome Amber!!

Karen told us about you and how excited she was about having you at her barn!!

Can't wait to see photos of Valor and hear of your training adventures!!!!

Brenda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:11 am 

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

YAY!! Amber is in da house!

I am SO glad you finally said hello!

Please know that you've already "paid it back or forward" whether you know it or not! Just by talking about your philosophy, and being open to allowing me to try and explain what little I know about clicker training, you've helped me clarify to myself what Tam and Cisco need more of from me. And coincidentally, so has Paul. He issued a challenge via email to Helen and I to help us learn how our expectations alone can inhibit the energy and movement of our horses.

And so everyone understands the NOW, Amber also lent me a couple of Eckert Tolle CDs...wow...they might just as well be AND horse training cds! It all fits! It is all what I needed to hear right now. SO cool how this all fits together. It's almost scary!

Glad you are here!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:26 am 

Hey Amber!

So glad you're here -- our friend Karen has been SO excited that you have joined her at your collective barn, and I'm excited that you've joined us here! :)

And Valor as well, of course!

I look forward to hearing and learning lots from you and your pal.

(And Karen, what a totally cool challenge from Paul! I'm eagerly waiting to hear how you suss that out...)

All the best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

Karen wrote:
Please know that you've already "paid it back or forward" whether you know it or not! Just by talking about your philosophy, and being open to allowing me to try and explain what little I know about clicker training, you've helped me clarify to myself what Tam and Cisco need more of from me.

It's so amazing how complete strangers, or people who do completely different things with their horses, can ask all the questions you apparently needed to get the idea more clear to yourself. For me it's such a great help to get my own ideas more clear and get more inspiration on what we can do as well, often out of totally unexpected corners! :)

When I tell people that our forum is meant to be a studygroup in which everybody can learn from everybody, often they will ask in some shape or another 'but surely there must be somebody who's the most advanced, who will guide the members while they're the ones who learn from that person? It's not like the more experiences members will learn something from the beginners, right?'
But that's really not what happens over here - at least how I experience it. But because everybody comes from a different background and offers ideas and solutions from that unique history, I really get great ideas and inspiration on what to do with the ponies myself. And the other way round, by answering questions with my own experiences, I get my ideas and philosophy when working with the ponies more clear for myself as well. So for me it really is a full circle. :)

Oh, I almost forgot: welcome Amber!
I'm extremely curious about your horse as well. We do have a lot of Gypsys (Gypsy Vanner, Gypsy Cobs or Tinkers) in the Netherlands, but a Gypsy-Mustang cross sounds amazing - and then so big! Pictures please! :alien:

Now I come to think of it, you being in the stable together will of course mean that you will have a lot more photographers running around to photograph and video each others training sessions... :twisted: It's showtime! ;)

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm 

Welcome Amber

Seems so great that you have a buddy from the forum in real life around you.

Much fun and looking forward to some pics!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Amber!

So jealous that you get to spend time with Karen!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:56 pm 

Josepha, I think I'm the lucky one! :D

Post subject: Re: Hi from Amber
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:39 am 

Quote:
Josepha, I think I'm the lucky one!
YEAH! You get to spend ALL your time with Karen every day! :green: :green: :green: :green:

Hi Amber! Nice to meet you! As you can see.. we hold our dear Karen in high esteem! :D So wonderful that people are coming together out of their isolation and finding others to share their hopeful dreams with! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your horse.. I love the way that you describe him!

Cheers,
Sue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Amber!!

I'm also jealous :evil: :D

wish you a lot of fun also over here!!!

Kind regards

Bianca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm 

Amber - I just read your post in 'Being in the moment' and delight in the way that you write.

I met Tolle's work a couple of years back and it is refreshing to be reminded again of now and how he brings us to it.

I am also looking forward to hearing and seeing more of you. I love Miriam's description of what goes on here. It really is the clarity emerging from the chaotic soup of everyone's input and meeting that information at the right time - a being in the moment of study.

Best.. Jo x