The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:57 pm 

Thank you Karen! :D You are all the time the first person who answer to my video. Thank you. :f:

Glen thank you for your compliments, and the comparison. ;) Merry christmas too!! :green:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:03 pm 

Did I say already how much I love his "sideways toward you" is? Your touch on his side is so delicate and he moves toward you like a dance. It's just beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 pm 

Dear Karen, you write so well. And what you say touched my heart directly. :blush: Thank you...very much.

With Love and have a good evening with santa. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:11 pm 

BEAUTIFUL!! Wonderful work, so peaceful and calm!! I love the part where you are running and playing too!!

What a great idea to make a 2008 summary video!!! Hmmmmmm....

Maybe it will become a tradition here at AND, eh?

Brenda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:16 pm 

Brenda, YES it would be a great idea!! I'm looking forward to see all the summaries of all the wonderful horses we have on this forum!! It would be groovy! :)

Thank you for watching the video and your comments :D

I put at least 5 hours to do it! So almost 1hour for one minute :green: So good luck.

Warm regards,

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm 

Littlefairy wrote:
I put at least 5 hours to do it! So almost 1hour for one minute :green: So good luck.

Warm regards,

Oh I hear ya!! I put hours into each clip...but it is so REINFORCING to watch when it is finished!! And many I like to watch over and over again!! Especially the music ones!!

Keep 'em coming!!

Brenda

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jack04574

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:50 am 

Lol Brenda, I understand very well. I like to watch the music ones too. :green: and like you said it is long but so grateful then!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:45 am 

Beautiful! :love: Romantic is so well named.. his eyes are so soft and gentle in everything he does with you. I loved the ending where you thank all the other horses.. especially the one with the Rose in her teeth! :D Gorgeous!

Sad that your family doesn't want to watch.. but you have more than enough substitute family here to make up for that right? :kiss:

Happy Christmas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:46 am 

How nice to put your progress in a video.

He rears so great!
He shines lovely, he is really great.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:53 pm 

Dear Windhorsesue, yes your comments is a real pleasure for me and to see that some people appreciate and care about what we do. I don't know why my family doesn't care actually. AND : the family of horse's lover! ;) :)

Thank you Tlove for watching. I will tell him you find him great. :D

Post subject: Littlefairy riding
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:54 am 

Hello, it has been a while I didn't post. I have change a little my mind about horses and I finally accepted to ride a horse again. Could you please tell me what you think about the video? How do you think I ride? In fact I haven't ride for sooo long time... This video is with the horse of a guy who wanted me to ride him. It is a 7 years old horse which is never ride and he really wanted me to ride. I tought a lot before to do it, because not to ride for a long time removed me the will to do. But since few days I wanted to re ride again. I have watched a lot of people riding on the internet: to ride the best I can but I'm not sure I succeeded. The horse seems to be happy, but I really would like to have your appreciation. :smile:

I rode him 3 times while my holiday, this is the 3rd times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOlDZ-R1uu8

All the best,

Post subject: Re: Littlefairy riding
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Wow what a wonderful horse, he just gives everything to you! :ieks:

You are a very sensitive rider. I think one could easily ask to much of a horse like this, but you are very soft and sensitive. :thumleft:

Very good transitions as well!

And you both look so calm and happy together. Very nice, excellent!

Some tips (As you did ask for): :)

You're to far back in the saddle, so your weight pushes down on the place of the lower back of the horse. That makes it more difficult for him to round his back and find horisontal balance. Also, it is bad for your lower back and it makes it more difficult for you to follow the movement.

To fix that, lengthen your stirrups a hole or two, stand in them, rotate your pelvis by squeezing your buttocks and tucking in your tummy while breathing low, and sit back down as much as you can to the front of your saddle.
keep checking your seat, for in the beginning your buttocks will glide back again to the back :)

While yielding, keep your body straight and soft, remember to keep breathing or else you get rigid and it then your horse has troubles to produce the suppleness he needs for yielding, as he has an rigid 'object' to carry.
Don't hang to the inside, just keep straight, but look to the inside the same way your horse does. Put your leg back (as you did) and only give a soft leg aid when the belly moves away from your leg, then release and repeat.
This will make sure you give the aid at the right time. Keep everything light, soft and simple.

Very nice and soft canter :)
With the last canter, though, he really wanted to go back to trot, that was a little to much for him. That is why he went somewhat heavy and stiff on the forehand, and then the whole goal of the benefit of canter is actually gone.
That is the very reason why in AND philosophy, when the horse wants to transition down, we always let hem, for we know he must have good reason to do so :)

Warm regards,

Josepha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 am 

Thank you very much Josepha. :) Your constructive criticals are treasure for me. When I was reading your message I saw and felt all that you have said. I was unable to see on the video but now you said that...
For the canter, I stoped after, I'm almost on the AND philosphy, ouf :blush:
What I was thinking about when riding was, no pressure in my legs and no pulling in the reins. Now, I will put that you told me in application and I will put as soon as I progress a new video. :f:

Thank you again,

With love,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am 

hi there. i loved watching your video, but the music kept making me think there was a bad person about to jump out from behind a tree.. :funny: :funny: but it was very beautiful and deep music. :yes:

i think that you are a very soft and listning rider. it is nice that you do not ask too much. he seems to lack some energy and feels a little fatigued, but that could be just him, i dont know. i noticed also in canter that he just was not up to it, but i think that you did not insist, and you allowd him out of it nicely. it is hard when it is not your horse and someone has asked you to ride. he would be such a great horse to play with on the ground and really bring out a desire to do something. because he seems so willing, but not really enthusiastic. :f: :f: :f: :f:

i keep trying to think of a way to explain your riding, but soft is the one. you are soft. i think that you have a lovely feel. very nice.

Josepha, that was great advice. all the things i would like to have said. :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:38 pm 

Hey Marie,
Do you want to come and ride Morgan???
I can only dream of riding as softly as you do. You make me look like a complete beginner!!!!!
Awesome to see your videos here. Have you ridden Romantic at all?
So good to see you enjoying yourself so much.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next