The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:22 am 

Oh, SO COOL! All misty and gentle and loving! That music was perfect as well.

At the end - when he is obviously "playing" with his new idea of backwards to bum scratch - I laughed so much!

I think he's very special horse, and he obviously like you a lot, too! WELL DONE!

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:24 am 

Thank you Glen! :blush: :) Yes he is really funny! He loves to play a lot!

With Love,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm 

Quote:
It has taken months, but he is not stopping as soon as I touch him with my hands.

This isn't what I meant to say (funny my fingers will type something my brain does not think).

Anyway, I meant to say he IS stopping now. Not perfectly, but it has gotten much, much better. Yes, it has taken months, but he IS stopping when my hand touches his butt now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:55 pm 

Dear everybody, this is a tiny lesson.

At the moment I make only very tiny lessons. I feel it like that. I don't feel to ask him a lot. It is like I want him to give his best for a short time. Weird, but it is like that. And as Well I don't want to use cordeo or stick. In this video I have a stick because someone put it in my hand. lol And it was so heavy! I prefer my stick which is more light or no stick at all. Anyway, at the moment I want Romantic to be really happy and I want him to do exercice when he wants to, and not to ask him all the time. For example after the lesson, he went alone to put his leg on the plot. That is is what I love. To know that he appreciates the lesson.

It is a tiny video: just few things, and we try to understand each other. Lol. You will see it is quite fun. But we both try to understand, we will succeed one day! Like Glen and Freckles!! :D

What do you think? I guess that I don't ask well the jambette because in fact it is not really jambette, it is to make him understand when I want him to rise his leg..

Here is the video: :blonde:

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/littlefairy11/?action=view&current=Bbdbutjambettedec08.flv

With Love,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:04 am 

:applause: :applause: He still tried to put his foot up when he began backing up. TOO CUTE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 am 

Oh, Ithink the two of you understand each other very well! :D

Very nice start of Jambette! :applause:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 am 
Site Admin

wonderful how fast horses react to humans the moment humans no longer try to be boss, isn't ? it's so wonderful!

I am very proud to be part of this forum :f:

You two are excellent, and I love your voice... I can see you melting from here ha ha ! know the feeling.... :love:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:41 pm 

Marie,
That was such a cool video. Romantic looks so cute with his winter coat. He is very funny. You can almost see him thinking..........
I can identify with the stick thing. I hate having something in my hand too, it bothers me!

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:32 pm 

I hope it's okay if I'm asking a question which refers to this topic. Perhaps someone, who speaks German can help to dissolve my confusion.

I read a lot about "Jambette" and received the impression that this is an exercise in which the horse doesn't move forward. In german, I know "Jambette" as pre-stage for spanish walk, so the horse moves forward but doesn't stretch both front legs alternating, but for example only the left front leg or only the right. It's something like a in-between between polka and Spanish walk. Stretching one front leg while standing, we call "Spanischer Gruß". So our "Spanischer Gruß" ist your "Jambette"? Is that possible or am I getting that wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, that´s right... although I didn´t know that it was called "Spanischer Gruß" in German. So thanks, now I have learned a new name for an exercise in my own language. :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:42 am 

Thank you, Romy :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 am 

Dear Karen, yes he is funny! I laught when I saw that too. :D

Thank you Glen for watching the video. I try to do like you. You are my web teacher. :yes:

Josepha, your words touched me a lot. :blush: I'm very glad to be in this forum too. I would like to read more, but I don't have lot's of time at the moment, and the evening I'm tired :yawn: . But I watch almost all the videos.

Dear Morgan, Thank you. Yes I agree for the thinking! What a clever baby. Heehee. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:49 pm 

This year has been such a good year for me. Lot's of happiness and joy. Even if there is all the time some doubts, some fears, when we respect people and believe in what we do, everything is going to be ok.

The video is a summary of what we did this year. Hope that you will enjoy it. I wanted to show it to my family, to show them how I see and educate my horse. But they said "OHH it will be too long too watch a year, even if it is a summary"... It hurts a little to be alone to love horses and to see that in my family they don't care a lot about what I can do. But I'm happy. And I hope that you will like it.

Lot's of Love,

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-vHEevPVM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:00 pm 

That is sweet and inspiring! What a lovely way to document your progress! Thank you for sharing it!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:22 pm 

I enjoyed that so much I watched it twice!

I think you do many of the same things with Romantic that I do with Freckles. :D

Merry Xmas to you both!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 511 Next