The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:52 am 

i also doubt it is malaria

flu sux anyway and you where extremely run down during my lesson so im sure that you would then have gotten some flu on the flight.

If i travel anywhere by bus etc i also tend to get flu or bronchitus due to my low immune system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:51 am 

I agree with Glen - doubt it would be malaria. For all those visiting the more tropical regions in Africa remember that lavender is your best friend. A few sprays of diluted lavender oil and no mossies will come near you. Hey you end up smelling like granny all the time, but it works. I use it on my horses because they can get the dreaded African horse sickness or encephalosis from the bite of a midge (smaller version of a mosquito) and it helps to protect them.

Josepha you had a very tiring time (next time longer visit and more rest) and your immune system was probably compromised by that so you would be quick to pick up any 'bug' doing the rounds.

Sending you plenty of 'get well soon' vibes. :f: :f: :f: :f:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 am 

well no matter what it is, I hope you feel better soon Josepha.
It is not fun feeling sick :f:
Be well!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, Tanja :)

Well this old granny loves lavender! I use the essential oil all the time! :f:
If I had known that would have done the trick I would not have used that filthy deet stuff... :rofl:

Annywho... I too do not think it is malaria, but as Ralph's father had it and barely lived to tell the tale, and Ralph is rather upset, I had it tested this morning. Tomorrow Ralph will be rest assured :D

The doctor questioned me half an hour about africa, he said he is my fan and ask if he could have my autograph :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:42 pm 

I could write you a long story about why people move away from South Africa, but let's just say the grass always appears greener elsewhere to SOME people, strange how many families move back again......

Just read this Josepha - may I open the champagne??? Looking forward to seeing you regularly in the near future.....................

"Anyway Ralph and I talked a lot about it and we decided to go ahead as planned. Sell our hourse and business and move to the ardennes and then regulary visit SA if possible..."
Excellent news - I know we would love to see you and Ralph more often in SA and I am sure you will enjoy exploring all around SA....*makes note to self to start looking for interesting travels in SA for Josepha and Ralph - just to 'wet their appetite'*! :) :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

ha ha ! Ralph saw a wild reserve (with wildebeests... and zebras!!!) which we could actually buy if we sold our house here...
But it is a wild jump in more then one ways... if it wasn't such a big deal getting our horses there (and back, should we want to), then... yeah then... oooh it is sooooo tempting. :D

But we both feel we've got some unfinished business here so to speek :think:
And anyway, after 10 years, now we have finally found someone who can stay in our house and play parent to our fury kids... We would not mess that up again. As I probably will be getting around more because of our clinics...
and I asked Ralph for my Christmas present next year (2010).... A trip to New York. :applause: any one out there needs a lesson? 8) :f:
Better start saving Ralph... :green:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:36 pm 

I love the pictures (just getting to them now)!! Freckles is so handsome and I love his markings.

Sounds like a wonderful adventure!

I'd love a lesson here in Ottawa-Canada's capital and I am sure a few others in Quebec would be up for a lesson. Maybe late summer or early fall 2009?

Melanie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

ha ha ! Are you serious Melanie? :rofl:
It will take quite a few people to sponsor a ticket ;)

(I know now that people can actually be serious about this as I first thought that Glen was joking as well) :blush:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:46 pm 

Melanie, thank you for the compliment - I'll pass it on to Freckles. Zephyr in Canada - AWESOME!

Now you see what you, Miriam and Bianca did when you started this small group of like-minded people? It is becoming a movement - whaaahaahaa - maybe one day it will be an organisation!

Zephyr - South Africans are can-do people. We say "'n Boer maak a plan" and then we go ahead and just get things done.

:D I'm glad we did it, and it took all of us (you, Ralph, Kersten and me) to make it a success.

You WILL be back. That is an instruction! :D

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:12 pm 

Thanks Josepha! I had the saddle fitter out today and we have found the saddle that fits the best. It has an adjustable gullet, so will hopefully last me a while during Litchi's growing up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:18 am 
Site Admin

@ Glen: yes mylady :bowdown:

@ Roxanne, excellent! and do you have a foam pad as well?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 pm 

Josepha I am serious! I am sure with the handful of people on this forum from around my area and the interest in bridless dressage, we could have good #'s to make it worth your while. I went to a "natural horsemanship" clinic last weekend and it was no where near what I was looking for ($95/two hours)...to be told I need to wear spurs :huh: I already have somewhere to host a group lesson or two at no charge so I can see it happening :smile:

Lets see how much interest I can stir up over the winter.

Melanie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

oh gosh Melanie... :ieks: :blush:

But do not worry, I do not chicken out as was prooven :D

@ Janet, whahah! you know I actually live with two unicorns, one pegasus and one good men!
One of those 4 you've met :green:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:19 pm 

Ah but you see Josepha, it takes a very special woman to find them, and an even more special one to keep them!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
On a more serious note I must borrow the lines from and old well known song -
"somewhere in my youth,
or childhood,
I must have done something good."

I am blessed indeed, as I believe are you.

BTW any news from the doctor???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:44 pm 

Here's a video of Zephyr and Laska - I also posted it in the video topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svPx0OoJw5E

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next