The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:18 am 

OK. So the really exciting big thing about the SA AND clinic for me was that Josepha gave my instructor Sarah some lessons with Sarah's "difficult" horse Farry.

She was thinking of "giving up" on him as he's hard to keep between hand and leg. Anyway - she ended up grinning like an idiot and riding Farry in cordeo and now she's keeping him!

Also, she understood what Josepha was saying easily and "got it" real quick and now she'll work like that with me and Freckles. So our future looks easier.

Then we went to Cape Town, and had a fantastic venue filled with wonderful people. I tried hard to pay attention to every lesson given so I hope I learned more than just the content of my actual lessons.

That was a bit of a success for me as well, cos I had my "seat" lesson on a horse I'd never ridden who was not yet balanced and much more sensitive, anxious and non-responsive than I'm accustomed to coping with - but it went well. I got frustrated and pointed (like I can do now with Freckles) and the horse responded! :ieks: and he was calmer afterwards.

So I'll see what happens next time I ride Freckles.

BTW, Josepha says Freckles "feels" like her Owen! He responds the same way, and does many of the same things! My Laska feels like Ino. My Paul and her Ralph are similar, as are our dogs. It's wierd! She also said Freckles is in a good place with regard to strength and flexibility and health and all that important stuff!

:cheers: :applause:

So I have done OK with him. Now, if I can reach that with Laska we'll be good to go.

One more thing - her new name is Zephyr because she is a gentle, refreshing breeze!

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:58 am 

Oh - I am about to get really envious at you!!!

I think I have to get Josepha up here as well! How many people do you need Josepha? It is so looong to travel Vilja all the way down to you, she is not really found of travelling too far...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Some more pictures here:

http://equihof.hyves.nl/fotos/

8) :applause:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Ohhh they are soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful :applause: WOW!!! You must have had an amazing time!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am 

bianca ....it was a real eye opener

i have even gone and bought my own bitless bridle but not sure which way to use it on OLGA
it is a Dr Cook copy and im not sure if she goes better with or without the cross over???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Great!!
The bridle depends on the horse, some like the Dr. Cook more, others the vienna cavesson.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:39 pm 

LUCKILY the one i got can have the cross over taken off so i can use it either way and without it looks more like the cavesson

im trying her with and without in my paddock but can't decide yet what is best :huh: :blush:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you all had just an amazing time as Ralph and I did!

And thank you for the complements... I had so many amazing replies... :blush: thinks like 'best lesson ever', 'epyphany', 'How can I have done that to my horse without realising', 'can not believe it is really that simple', 'finally all makes so much sense' etc. :D

And the funnyest thing... when we left I said, there better be a tick pack of snow in Belgium when I arrive... and there was! I think the ski tracks were open the first time since 5 years or something! :applause:

Ralph complains aaaall the time he wants to come back, Glenny ha ha !
Such a bummer our goodbye was not wat it was suppossed to be, but all the more reason to come back! :kiss:

Now, back to my stack of paperwork :sad:

Hugs all! and thanks all!

Josepha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:49 pm 

Congratulations to all of you! Sounds like a magic gathering.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And the pictures are absolutely beautiful. Wow!

I have a friend who just came back from Cape Town after doing a documentary film on chimps for the Discovery Channel -- he and his wife want to move there, they so fell in love with it.

I can see why!

Thanks for sharing!
:)

Leigh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:38 pm 

Zephyr and Ralph,

I thought we had agreed you would be coming back - next year! Whaaaahaaaahaaa! Actually, we need you here so I'm only half-joking! You made a world of difference to a lot of people and horses, and that is worth doing more of!

Ralph - MORE PICTURES! PLEASE!

BTW, Freckles now does a good Jambette with his right leg, and we're working on the left!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Simone wrote:
bianca ....it was a real eye opener

i have even gone and bought my own bitless bridle but not sure which way to use it on OLGA
it is a Dr Cook copy and im not sure if she goes better with or without the cross over???

I think Olga is not so okay with the pressure thing ;)
Try both, but I suspect she likes it without the cross :thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm 

great pics again....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm 

It was so great to meet you all at the clinic last week and I have been waiting for you all so I could tell you that!
Glen, you are extremely generous in every way.
Josepha, I will say it again....you are a truly amazing woman. (Ralph, every successful woman has a great man behind her.....lol!!!)
Kerstin, you made me feel so very welcome.
Sandy, I want to come and live with your family!!!!!!!

It was the best clinic I have been to, and for the first time ever there was not a single thing said or done that I did not agree with. So much validation to continue along the same path and now with more focus and understanding of how and why I am doing what I am......

A huge THANK YOU again for opening this opportunity to me so generously. It is a priviledge to be here amongst you all.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 am 
Site Admin

I've updated the photoalbum with some pictures of Freckles & Glen!!
http://equihof.hyves.nl/fotos

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!!!!
:applause: :cheers: :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 am 

Ooooo, Ralph!

You got his ramener, and rolling the ball up one leg with the other leg, and doing voltes with Zephyr, and ...

Guess what - when Paul came to fetch me at Durban airport a truck threw up a stone and now the big blue car also has a broken window! :rofl:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next