The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: How to use this forum...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

How to use this forum:

1. Make a video (yes, do that! we love training videos! :D)

2. Upload it to the internet (for example through Google video, YouTube, Photobucket)

3. Open a topic over here with the link to the webaddress of your video, or place the video over here with tags

And enjoy! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:57 pm 

how to use tags? I have the code:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDhgKhak_kA"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PDhgKhak_kA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

But how to insert it in the right way??

Szia Esther

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:24 pm 

Szia, it can be as easy as pasting the URL here:

http://www.youtube.com/v/PDhgKhak_kA

Then we just click on the link and go to YouTube to see it.

If you want to embed the video, then someone else will have to help. I can't make it work either :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:17 am 

:lol: Thanks!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:46 pm 

I've just taken my fist video and uploaded it.
My question is now: Do I have to make it public? If I choose to keep it private will you all still be able to see it?
Trying to get the hang of that "video thing". :wink:

XOXO,
Bine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Bine,

if you want your video only to be viewed by members of this forum, you can post it in your diary, because the diaries can only be read by registered members.

Warm Regards,
Romy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 pm 

Hi Romy,

Thanks so much for your quick reply!
I really appreciate the fact that the diaries here are not open to the public. It is so easy to find info on the net nowadays, I'm always rather careful.

XOXO,
Bine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:49 pm 

Public or private in reality is dictated at the site where you post the video. You may only announce the video in your diary, so only those members who are registered will know about it initially, but on the internet itself, it would still be public unless you say otherwise and make those choices on the site that is hosting the video. In that case, we would have to ask you permission to see it and you would have to make that possible somehow (I'm not sure how that works).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:58 pm 

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for your explanation. I stumbled across google video (or was it on youtube?) with the option public / private but I figured that this could get too difficult.
So I'll try the other route and just stay in hiding in my diary. :wink:

XOXO,
Bine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:54 pm 

Karen wrote:
Public or private in reality is dictated at the site where you post the video. You may only announce the video in your diary, so only those members who are registered will know about it initially, but on the internet itself, it would still be public unless you say otherwise and make those choices on the site that is hosting the video. In that case, we would have to ask you permission to see it and you would have to make that possible somehow (I'm not sure how that works).

I handle that using Photobucket, and giving the guest password out only to people in the Training Diary forum.

Though I've likely slipped and given it in the "Introduce Yourself," forum. Of course, if the public picks it up and starts intruding on my album, I'll just change my password, and be more strict about who I share that with here at AND, or among my friends and acquaintances.

Donald Redux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:28 pm 

Thank you for bringing that up, Donald! I just found the option that you mention and I am considering to use it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 pm 

Hi,
I was wondering about the music.
I assume I can't just put whatever music on my videos due to copyrights... Where do you get the music or how do you get the permission to use it?

Regards,
Andreja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm 

Cabi wrote:
Hi,
I assume I can't just put whatever music on my videos due to copyrights... Where do you get the music or how do you get the permission to use it?

Regards,
Andreja

I *think* that if you put the song, the artist, and a disclaimer saying that you are not trying to pass it off as your own, then you can use any song. But, look it up before you do anything. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

Cabi wrote:
Hi,

With youtube that is easy: the songs that are not permitted for being used due to copyright restrictions get deleted automatically. Either youtube leaves your video and switches the sound off or it tells you that the video is not available in your country - this happens to me quite often recently, many videos are available all over the world but not in Germany.

To check if you can use a song, just look for it at youtube. If someone has posted it and it did not get deleted, then they probably won't delete yours either. ;) Of course you can also just add it to your video and then try if they will permit it, but it can be very ennerving to do all the uploading several times because the song is not accepted.

Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:13 am 

OK, thanks! :)